2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Just when I thought Detroit's pbp crew was the most annoying unprofessional pair in the league, the Blues have reminded me that they remain #1. Screaming and crowing with every goal with all the glee of Rosie O'Donnell falling into a cake factory.

Have you heard the Bruins PBP team?

spacer.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when I thought Detroit's pbp crew was the most annoying unprofessional pair in the league, the Blues have reminded me that they remain #1. Screaming and crowing with every goal with all the glee of Rosie O'Donnell falling into a cake factory.

It could be so much worse...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh god. What a horrible thing...mute, mute, mute. Sounds like a turkey being slaughtered.

Blackhawks shaping up to lose 6-0 or so. I've got better things to do than watch this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Yes, Mr. Sherman, everything stinks

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It could be so much worse...

That's gotta be fake!

Leafs lose 5-4 to Boston. We played a close game, and at least we can take pride in that and not being blown out. But at the end of the day, we lost (the game and Lupul). TB and Washington are losing, at least. Seguin scored twice, but Kessel had one as well and is still outplaying him this year.

Oh, and Crosby was cleared for contact.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That's gotta be fake!

Nope, he's the real deal.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Leafs lose 5-4 to Boston. We played a close game, and at least we can take pride in that and not being blown out. But at the end of the day, we lost (the game and Lupul). TB and Washington are losing, at least. Seguin scored twice, but Kessel had one as well and is still outplaying him this year.

Pittsburgh is the only team in the East that I think could beat the Rangers or Bruins, and adding Crosby back to the mix would be a monstrous boon.

They already have good D and an outstanding playoff goaltender. Oh, and that little duo of Malkin-Neal.

spacer.png

And commence charger's anti-Kronwall crusade in 3... 2... 1... :)

Missed it, what did he do now?

Did he either leave his feet or player who received the hit's head the principal point of contact?

Don't want to get hit? Don't skate with your head down.

I was honestly petrified throughout the last ten minutes of the game. While the Bruins seemed to be relatively in control for most of the time leading up to that, the Leafs just surged. I'm surprised the B's held on.

spacer.png

And commence charger's anti-Kronwall crusade in 3... 2... 1... :)

Missed it, what did he do now?

Did he either leave his feet or player who received the hit's head the principal point of contact?

Don't want to get hit? Don't skate with your head down.

Don't want to get suspended? Don't drive your shoulder into a guy's face.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Both Redmond and Daniels called the head the principal point of contact.

Here is the rule:

48.1 Illegal Check to the Head ? A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

I'm sure the non-bolded will save him from a fine or suspension.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Burns for Heatley and Havlat for Setoguchi were lose-lose trades, weren't they.

Minnesota got the edge... only slightly though. I think it has more to do with Minnesota being far removed from playoff status (already) and the Sharks window of opportunity finally slamming shut after 8 years of being a contender.

I don't think Shanahan had the nickname "The Non-Bolded" during his playing career.

Minnesota got the edge... only slightly though.

Those scoreless wonders? Sharks should've stuck with Heatley for one more year before tearing the whoooole thing down. Havlat's always been too injury-prone. Sure enough, guy blew out an ACL on a line change.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived