2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's finally happened. After having another forward go down with injury last night. The Flames have recalled on an emergency basis their first round pick from this past summer Sven Bartschi or Baertschi. He probably could have started the season with the Flames, but he's absolutely ripping up the WHL and leads all CHLers in points per game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It is very odd that eight of the ten best teams in the league right now are in two divisions, as an Islander fan though I just wish it wasn't happening.

Oh well, at least we're not a complete :censored:show this year, just a shame about the division, if we were in the Southeast, or maybe even the Pacific, I honestly think this team could be playoff contenders.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

That is his 2006 Olympic mask, I'm sure a new one is in the works.

Yeah I know, but I'm wondering if he'll actually bother with a new one. This'll just be a few-week rental.

In similar news, Turco is wearing No. 1.

spacer.png

Good News: The Leafs didn't play all the bad

Bad News: You don't get points for playing good games.

More people will be calling for Burke's head, failing to realize that while he still wanted to go faster, this is still a rebuild. Lottery pick, here we come! grinning.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In other news...

mario-lemieux-statue.jpg

A fitting tribute.

What am I looking at? It's a Mario statue, but who are the other two guys?

I think its from his goal in the '91 Finals.

In the speeches before the unveil they said they took it from a photo of him going through two Islanders defenders in 88. Upon some research, I found said photo:

LMX_splittingD_ph20_unframed.jpg

I don't exactly care for their choice of photo, but the symbolism is supposed to be that of how he "broke through adversity" throughout his career, which I can get.

All things considered it's fitting that Rich Pilon is immortalized by a statue in Pittsburgh.

In the speeches before the unveil they said they took it from a photo of him going through two Islanders defenders in 88. Upon some research, I found said photo:

LMX_splittingD_ph20_unframed.jpg

I don't exactly care for their choice of photo, but the symbolism is supposed to be that of how he "broke through adversity" throughout his career, which I can get.

All things considered it's fitting that Rich Pilon is immortalized by a statue in Pittsburgh.

Actually, I think it's more fitting that Pilon is fulfilling his inanimate purpose.

218481-rubber_orange_field_marker_game_cone_28_inches_large.jpg

Jeff Carter makes his return to Columbus tonight. Us Jackets fans haven't had a player to hate like this since Adam Foote.

Boo the hell out of him if you're going.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Good News: The Leafs didn't play all the bad

Bad News: You don't get points for playing good games.

More people will be calling for Burke's head, failing to realize that while he still wanted to go faster, this is still a rebuild. Lottery pick, here we come! grinning.gif

Anything that contributes to Brian Burke's unemployment is okay by me.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah I know, but I'm wondering if he'll actually bother with a new one. This'll just be a few-week rental.

I say use that mask. It would be great. Tim Thomas with his American mask and Turco with his Canadian mask ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I say use that mask. It would be great. Tim Thomas with his American mask and Turco with his Canadian mask ^_^

I half expected to see Thomas coming out tonight in a red, white and blue mask as some sort of challenge to Turco.

Bruins outplayed the Sabres tonight, but the score was closer than it should've been. Enroth had a monster game.

Brad Marchand was injured towards the end of the game. :censored:.

spacer.png

Yeah if anybody hadn't declared the Ducks as done yet, you may as well now. They'd probably have to go 14-0 or 13-0-1 the rest of the way (HA! With their schedule? Yeah no) after losing 3-1 to the "juggernaut" St. Louis Blues. I sarcastically say juggernaut, but their style of hockey works for them. I don't see them the same as Nashville though, St. Louis does have skilled players. They're not an assembled group of no names. St. Louis will be more dangerous in the playoffs than Nashville will, despite similar styles. I think I can say that though.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Sharks choke away a last minute and lose in the shootout to Dallas. The Peg and Vancouver are dueling right now; I have a feeling a certain moderator is attending that one.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived