2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I absolutely HATE how the division leaders are automatically seeded 1 through 3. It puts mediocre teams in a position they have no business being while sacrificing great playoff matches by making great teams face each other early. The really frustrating thing is that it's such an easy problem to fix. If your division is complete S#@% why do you deserve to be a top seed for winning it?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely HATE how the division leaders are automatically seeded 1 through 3. It puts mediocre teams in a position they have no business being while sacrificing great playoff matches by making great teams face each other early. The really frustrating thing is that it's such an easy problem to fix. If your division is complete S#@% why do you deserve to be a top seed for winning it?

For once, I agree entirely with Morgo.

I don't even understand the thought process behind giving the division winners the top three seeds.

~~~~

I sense a major shake up on the way in San Jose.

Ditto. I feel like they're going to blow the whole thing up in the offseason.

spacer.png

Sharks have scored 1, 0, 1, 2, 3, and 0 goals their last 6 games. I swear Phoenix tried their best to give us one, but it didn't matter. Were like the SF Giants of hockey now, just a pathetic offense.(I thought that was to be a strength of ours, you know actually scoring goals). Next up is the Oil, which should be an easy win, but I'm not holding my breath.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Islanders were leading 1-0 with 1:38 left. In the next 14 seconds they

-Let in a goal

-Commit a penalty

-Let in another goal

So now we're up to 3rd Period Chokejob I want to say #18 with the Islanders.

Man it sure feels like that.

Now only three points above being last in the East :down:

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

That's Mooterrific!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the Pens can get a healthy Sid for the playoffs look out.

Pretty big if.

I still think his career is toast. Yeah, he may play for a few more games but he has been Lindrosed.

I have that feeling too. It's like I think the rest of his career is going to be on and off. Remember last time he was out for a year and it took only 8 games for the post-concussion symptoms to reappear. There's no reason for me to believe that this comeback will last a lot longer.

uh, there's every reason to think that, since the neck issue wasn't diagnosed before

also, Mooterus--bad jersey, or worst jersey?

1zgyd8w.jpg

If the Pens can get a healthy Sid for the playoffs look out.

Pretty big if.

I still think his career is toast. Yeah, he may play for a few more games but he has been Lindrosed.

I have that feeling too. It's like I think the rest of his career is going to be on and off. Remember last time he was out for a year and it took only 8 games for the post-concussion symptoms to reappear. There's no reason for me to believe that this comeback will last a lot longer.

The second time out was a "soft tissue injury" to the neck with "symptoms similar to a concussion". A bit too much of a coincidence for my taste, but I'll take it. If it's true, then I don't think we should have anything to worry about once he comes back again, so long as he is mentally prepared. My biggest fear is that he has been traumatized, and now every time he gets some kind of symptom of a concussion, whether he has one or not, he'll just shut down once again. But only time will tell. His team has been more than holding up without him, so the only real enemy here is time. He's gotta be back in enough time that he is ready for the roughness of the playoffs.

oBIgzrL.png

Sharks need to miss the playoffs. This franchise needs an overhaul.

This should've been the last year of the current composition even before they crapped out down the stretch like this. Thornton and Marleau are heading into their age 33 seasons, Boyle into age 36, and Havlat is so banged up he may as well be 40. Their farm is so bereft, it makes the Joads' place look like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Hell comes to breakfast when you borrow against yourself this much for this long. Similar to the discussion we had about the Flames' reluctance to rebuild, could it be that the vaunted San Jose hockey market, The Sun Belt Location We Can All Agree Worked, is more susceptible to demand shifts than its boosters make it out to be?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived