2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

"So we're bringing back the two-line pass by putting in two more lines, except the only two lines that make it a two-line pass are the outermost lines and the red line, which isn't a line anymore except sometimes now it is."

/knocks back bottle of Excedrin

Between that and the "invisible hybrid icing lines", way to attract the casual fan, NHL!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, we're all throwing fits about stupid rule changes that mess up the game and force everyone to relearn it, but the NFL makes stupid rule changes that mess up the game and force everyone to relearn it every single year. The difference is that the NFL couches its explanations in so many layers of jargon, circumlocution, and altogether empty verbiage that we applaud Weekly TV Show Where Fat Guys Repeatedly Run Into Each Other Headfirst for being the archetypal American synthesis of brains and brawn, whereas the NHL can never muster up anything more elucidating than "rrrrr, uhhh, gotta let 'em play, mmmm, rrrrr, uhhh, good tough Western Canadian boys out there, mrrrrrrrrrrrr." In either case, we're sitting there wondering what the hell just happened, but the NHL doesn't let us pretend we know what the hell just happened.

In conclusion, the cake is a lie, perception is reality, Bud Light here we go

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That, and NFL football is inherently loaded with stoppages in play where the announcers can explain, and re-explain, any nuance to the rules. Plus Ed Hochuli can freestyle a couple of quatrains if the mood strikes him right, and NFL media saturation is at a point where, if you have an interest in any professional sport and live in America, it's damn near impossible not to know what's going on in The League, even by accident.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

What problem is this Ringette Line supposed to correct?

I don't know if it's the intention, but one problem people have with the two line pass is a team defacto icing it, but having a teammate standing on the other side of the redline just get a deflection on it to nullify the icing and then skate to the bench for the change.

Basically bringing back to two line pass without bringing in the two line pass and slowing down the game to reduce the speed/momentum that is obviously leading to the increase in concussions all the while confusing everybody else.

I can't wait until the whole league is playing the trap and is dominated by a Nashville Predators dynasty.

Some people trying to come in and learn hockey have a hard enough time having regular icing/offsides being explained to them. I can't wait to sit around and discuss those along with hybrid icing and these damn ringette lines.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

...slowing down the game to reduce the speed/momentum that is obviously leading to the increase in concussions...

Trying to reduce concussions by re-instating the red line is based entirely on ass-backwards thinking.

So it doesn't really surprise me that the NHL is giving it serious consideration.

It still sucks, but it doesn't surprise me,

Excessive scoring.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow. And I thought the NBA officials were bad. First goal by the Lightning was an obvious kick, yet the refs call it a good goal.

EDIT: It's 2-0 and Johnny Boychuk continues to be the dumbest defenseman in NHL history. This guy is an absolute dope.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

HAH!

So, after losing to an awful Carolina team, and seeing the Caps win twice, the Sabres win twice, and the Panthers win all since Saturday, NOW the Lightning are pummeling (thus far) a quality Boston team.

Like that makes any sense at all.

HA!

spacer.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

~~~~

They beat my team in a gut-wrenching Game 7 last year.

They won the Stanley Cup.

I still have to give them the obligatory respect they deserve.

The Red Sox? I can point and laugh at all day long right now.

This isn't the same team that one the Stanley Cup or beat the Lightning in seven games, though.

That team is on the bench because of injury.

I don't care about the real Red Sox, because my imaginary Red Sox are currently 20-0 and score an average of 37 runs per game.

spacer.png

Two mother:censored:ing shots on goals for the Stanley Cup Champions.

Does anyone have the rat poison CS85 was consuming nightly during the Hawks' swoon?

Good question!

Anyway, hopefully the Sharks can win in Calgary tonight. Beating the 2nd worst team in the league doesn't equal getting off the schnide yet.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived