2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Sharks need to miss the playoffs. This franchise needs an overhaul.

This should've been the last year of the current composition even before they crapped out down the stretch like this. Thornton and Marleau are heading into their age 33 seasons, Boyle into age 36, and Havlat is so banged up he may as well be 40. Their farm is so bereft, it makes the Joads' place look like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Hell comes to breakfast when you borrow against yourself this much for this long. Similar to the discussion we had about the Flames' reluctance to rebuild, could it be that the vaunted San Jose hockey market, The Sun Belt Location We Can All Agree Worked, is more susceptible to demand shifts than its boosters make it out to be?

Well done.

spacer.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Canucks are just saving energy for the playoffs and coasting through the month. What should have been an incredibly easy home stand is quickly turning into a disaster. Three blowout losses so far, 2 against non playoff teams. Good thing they get a three day layoff...

After this weekend, I officially wave my white flag on the Lightning's playoff chances.

They finally didn't get the help around the league they sorely needed. Washington's the best team in the division. I hope they beat out the horrendous Panthers.

This isnt saying alot.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I've been saying all year that Florida isnt as good as their place in the standings but have been completely frustrated by my own teams inconsistent play (and really, inability to beat anybody good).

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Nail, erm, Nah-eel Yakupov is out of reach. Fail for Mikhail? Obviously pros would never tank, but hey - they don't have to. If Carolina and Anaheim win their next games and we lose, we're in a lottery position! dance.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's not, but Washington could actually win a few games against Ottawa/New Jersey, if not win the series outright.

Let's be srrrious...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Sharks need to miss the playoffs. This franchise needs an overhaul.

This should've been the last year of the current composition even before they crapped out down the stretch like this. Thornton and Marleau are heading into their age 33 seasons, Boyle into age 36, and Havlat is so banged up he may as well be 40. Their farm is so bereft, it makes the Joads' place look like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Hell comes to breakfast when you borrow against yourself this much for this long. Similar to the discussion we had about the Flames' reluctance to rebuild, could it be that the vaunted San Jose hockey market, The Sun Belt Location We Can All Agree Worked, is more susceptible to demand shifts than its boosters make it out to be?

Agreed, this team has been a so called contender for 7 straight seasons and what do they have to show for it? 3 appearances in the conference finals...

In fairness, either of the last two Sharks teams very well could've gone to the Stanley Cup had they not had the misfortune to run into the conference's deepest teams, which presented a terrible matchup for a team that doesn't emphasize depth. But then you have to question the ultimate strategy of building a team that can dominate a regular season with ease, but wears down fast over the course of a best-of-seven against a team that doesn't have to put such heavy workloads on its top players. In doing that, they basically had to wager that someone else would dispatch Chicago '10 and Vancouver '11 first, and then they lost those wagers and lost those series. At any rate, a painful rebuilding awaits these guys eventually.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just thinking: maybe Philly should aim for the 6 seed, since the 3 seed will be easy to get by, regardless of who it is.

No NHL playoff matchup is "easy"

Also SVEEENNNNN BAEERRRRTTSCCHIIIII!!! Scored it first NHL goal as the Flames pick another huge two points! Now if Chicago could beat the Bros we'd be set.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just thinking: maybe Philly should aim for the 6 seed, since the 3 seed will be easy to get by, regardless of who it is.

Since Winnipeg is losing some steam, it's not the worst idea in the world.

Be it Pittsburgh or New York, the #4 seed could possibly be the 2nd best team in the conference overall. That's a tougher matchup than a decent Washington team, and much tougher than a putrid Florida team. Thing is, Philly themselves can still get home ice which may very well be worth it in their eyes. Ilya Bryzgalov is finally playing like a S7M goaltender. They've got a fairly good team there that, in a seven-game series, can beat a team like Pittsburgh or even the NY Rangers (though that's very unlikely).

Even New Jersey is playing better again. I don't know how they are 40-29 (well, I do - shootouts), but it's getting harder to dismiss them in terms of being a playoff pest either. All in all, it should make for some good matchups in the second week of April.

spacer.png

Archived