2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a Florida fan so I have been watching the SE. (Yay hockey package) Washington is soft but the Jets scare me. I think they will catch Florida. Still think Florida sneaks in. Watch out when they do. Miami has brought out the overacheiving in everyone. Wolski is hot and he just got there. The goalies suck, though. Jets can go deep, too. This season reeks of magic and memories for them.

It's so awesome that this is a national telecast, too. It's so good to have this much excitement on display. And the Jets themselves aren't even that good!

EDIT: they scored again! GST!

Seeing the sked' tonight, I thought for sure they would show Yotes-Pens. Nice to see Winnipeg shown nationally.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

"Silver medal."

:lol:

Still think Florida sneaks in. Watch out when they do. Miami has brought out the overacheiving in everyone.

They're 24th in scoring and they have a -19 goal differential. If that's overachieving, then all these guys are awful.

Dale Tallon, though, GM of the year. Congratulations on spending $125,000,000 in like one day so you could fight for first place with the Zombie Thrashers in the league's worst division with a .500-ish record and a negative differential. Truly this is the blueprint for greatness.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Silver medal."

Funny thing is, if those types of chants were going up in Philly, it would be 'typical classless Flyers fans'. Since its in Winnipeg, its a 'great hockey atmosphere'

Well, the chant would be accompanied by bags of urine in Philly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"Silver medal."

Funny thing is, if those types of chants were going up in Philly, it would be 'typical classless Flyers fans'. Since its in Winnipeg, its a 'great hockey atmosphere'

Well, the chant would be accompanied by bags of urine in Philly.

And condoms in Boston, and waffles in Toronto, and bananas in London and... well you get the point.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Turco isn't playoff eligible, but since Rask might be back at the end of the first round, they may not need him in the playoffs. I think they just want him to alleviate some of the pressure on Thomas during the Bruins' jam-packed March schedule.

And Khudobin should be ready to go in a couple weeks so, even if Rask isn't ready for the first round, they will have someone capable behind Thomas.

Okay, I want to first lay out that I'm not on board with the Phoenix Coyotes conspiracy theory, that they're somehow being protected by the league to assist in on-ice success. I'd also like to note that Matt Cooke is a piece-of-trash player. That being said, I feel like this postgame quote from last night's Penguins-Coyotes game is worth noting:

Matt Cooke was given a minor in an altercation with Coyotes goalie Mike Smith. Said Cooke to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: "(Ref) told me that he had to give Smith something. He didn't want to put them down five-on-three, so he gave me a penalty. I've never had that explanation before."
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

"Silver medal."

Still pissy about the ":censored: Bryzgalov" chants?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

"Silver medal."

Still pissy about the ":censored: Bryzgalov" chants?

I think complaining about the stereotype of said fan base only furthers the stereotype.

Creative chants are funny regardless of it being said in Winnipeg, Philly, or Zimbabwe.

Flames get back at tonight without Blake Comeau, Lance Bouma and now Mike Cammalleri.

We've taken the entire top line from Abbotsford. If the Flames make the playoffs it'll be through sheer luck and miracles.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just when I thought Detroit's pbp crew was the most annoying unprofessional pair in the league, the Blues have reminded me that they remain #1. Screaming and crowing with every goal with all the glee of Rosie O'Donnell falling into a cake factory.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived