2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

Who's the goaltenders for the Islanders while Rick gets healthy?

Al Montoya, who has been playing well lately, possibly to avenge his father's death, and Evgeni Nabokov who is sitting on the bench just so his contract will expire and he can get off the island.

Yeah I've been very happy with the way Montoya's been playing to start the season. Nabokov for all intents and purposes will be used as a trade pawn come February, but if DiPietro continues to be hurt at that point, idk they may have to keep him on board for the time being

They could always trade Nabokov anyway and bring up Poulin like they did last year after they traded Roloson.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Charger, the "Hockeytown" campaign hasn't been used by the Wings in 10 years... Lately they've been going with really poor slogans like "Sea of Red" or "Red Alert"... I think the only reason it's still even remotely around is due to establishment of the Hockeytown Cafe, Hockeytown Authentics, etc... which were established around those late 90s Stanley Cup teams. It was also a pretty popular campaign in the area, right up there with "Whose Your Tiger?" and "Going to Work" (Pistons). But I don't think that they're still desperately holding onto it like you imply that they are...

Um, have you seen any of their marketing materials or center ice at Joe Louis Arena?

frozen_inside112207.jpg

Yes, yes. I know. Let me try rephrase my point this way:

While some remnants of the "Hockeytown" advertising campaign remain (center ice logo, restaurant, pro shop, etc...), the campaign has not been added to or updated in quite some time. The "Hey, Hey Hockeytown" theme song has slowly faded in use. The only reason those remnants (such as the center ice circle) are still standing is for maintaining the brand connecting the hockey team with the other outlets that lean upon the "Hockeytown" brand (such as the restaurant and pro shops).

If you don't believe me, go look at the redwings.nhl.com or go look at the Wings' online store. You will find no trace of the "Hockeytown" brand anywhere on the website (not counting the Hockeytown Authentics or Hockeytown Cafe pages) and the online store has all of 5 "Hockeytown" items: One rally towel design from the late 90s, one t-shirt design that doesn't even have the center ice design, and one DVD of the 07-08 Cup team that has no mention of "Hockeytown".

If anybody went back to doubting Jonas Hiller after his vertigo scare, um, well guess what? He is BACK.

31 saves for Hiller in the Ducks 1-0 win over San Jose. Very impressive outing for him. Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan still pointless through three games, but they looked a hell of a lot better tonight. They're clicking. The points will come.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

If anybody went back to doubting Jonas Hiller after his vertigo scare, um, well guess what? He is BACK.

31 saves for Hiller in the Ducks 1-0 win over San Jose. Very impressive outing for him. Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan still pointless through three games, but they looked a hell of a lot better tonight. They're clicking. The points will come.

I like the way the Ducks' roster looks this season. They've got a solid lineup all around, including a healthy Hiller and a pretty good backup in Dan Ellis. Their three goals (four if you count Ryan's shootout winner in Stockholm) have been scored by the bottom six, so at least that problem got solved. I'm hoping we'll see more production from the top two lines soon enough, but for the time being the third and fourth lines are doing a good job.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I like the way the Ducks' roster looks this season. They've got a solid lineup all around, including a healthy Hiller and a pretty good backup in Dan Ellis. Their three goals (four if you count Ryan's shootout winner in Stockholm) have been scored by the bottom six, so at least that problem got solved. I'm hoping we'll see more production from the top two lines soon enough, but for the time being the third and fourth lines are doing a good job.

Exactly, bottom six scoring was how Nashville beat us last year. They were old, slow and innefective. Now their young, fast, and so far very effective in their roles. Flying all over the place, making hits, getting turnovers, and putting in some points.

And it's not like the top two lines have played that bad either. I mean last night, Getzlaf hit two posts, Perry missed on his couple shots, Ryan was denied right in front of the net several times, Teemu finally got some of his slapshots on net, Blake had like 6 shots in the second period alone. They had their chances, and like you said, they'll come. The only thing I want more out of those top two lines, besides points, is faceoffs. Getzlaf and Koivu have been slayed on the faceoffs in these first three games.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

While some remnants of the "Hockeytown" advertising campaign remain (center ice logo, restaurant, pro shop, etc...), the campaign has not been added to or updated in quite some time. The "Hey, Hey Hockeytown" theme song has slowly faded in use. The only reason those remnants (such as the center ice circle) are still standing is for maintaining the brand connecting the hockey team with the other outlets that lean upon the "Hockeytown" brand (such as the restaurant and pro shops).

If you don't believe me, go look at the redwings.nhl.com or go look at the Wings' online store. You will find no trace of the "Hockeytown" brand anywhere on the website (not counting the Hockeytown Authentics or Hockeytown Cafe pages) and the online store has all of 5 "Hockeytown" items: One rally towel design from the late 90s, one t-shirt design that doesn't even have the center ice design, and one DVD of the 07-08 Cup team that has no mention of "Hockeytown".

So aside from their rink, retail outlet and team themed restaurant they don't use the self appointed hockeytown moniker. :P

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

So aside from their rink, retail outlet and team themed restaurant they don't use the self appointed hockeytown moniker. :P

Scheduling slogan.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Way to go, Dustin Penner. You're acting like a Philadelphia fan with an instigation penalty, 24 seconds into the game.

EDIT: Greene for slashing at 1:40, Flyers 5-on-3 for 44 seconds.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Jets get a goal with 11 seconds left in the 2nd to make it 3-1, but we still got a long way to go. The Jets look TERRIBLE. All they do is cough it up every time they get the puck.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

All they do is cough it up every time they get the puck.

Seeing as how they still have Hainsey, Bogosian, and Oduya playing defense, they're going to turn the puck over. A lot.

Oduya wasn't playing today, but still they gave it away way to much.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Archived