2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I think it would be more interesting to see how bad things can get for them. I guess this means the Hawks can move into first place, though, which is cool. Too bad Jonas Hiller decided to be good tonight.

"James Wisniewski, Franchise Godsend" overwhelms me with despair, by the way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nah, I think it would be more interesting to see how bad things can get for them. I guess this means the Hawks can move into first place, though, which is cool. Too bad Jonas Hiller decided to be good tonight.

"James Wisniewski, Franchise Godsend" overwhelms me with despair, by the way.

He isn't a Godsend by any means, but he may be the difference between terrible and really, really bad lol.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Always nice to see the Ducks travel to these non-hockey towns and draw a crowd. The Chicago fans are bandwagoners, but they can support their team if it's good. Not a lot of cheers for the Ducks players (like they'd do in St. Louis, because they always cheer when the opposing team makes a good play), but they showed some respect with boos. Hawks played well. I think the team should stay in Chicago.

I'm guessing there's a post somewhere with the two teams reversed, or something approximating it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know it's only the beginning of the season, but for while now, I've felt the need to wear one of these...

12-lb-brown-paper-bag-500-bundle.jpg

It's not necessarily the current record of the Habs that's bothering me the most. It's because of certain teams who are handing them losses that they didn't deserve. The one that bothered me the most was from last week when a injury prone Pittsburgh Penguins team almost shut out the Habs, even though their top 6 or 7 players were injured. While watching the game, it just got really discouraging. Yesterday, they lose to the Panthers because they couldn't find the net. Something has gone terribly wrong in Habs territory and I hope that it doesn't become just a year to forget.

Oh and BTW, I've brought enough paper bags just in case Blue Jackets fans would like to have one as well. :P

I know it's only the beginning of the season, but for while now, I've felt the need to wear one of these...

12-lb-brown-paper-bag-500-bundle.jpg

It's not necessarily the current record of the Habs that's bothering me the most. It's because of certain teams who are handing them losses that they didn't deserve. The one that bothered me the most was from last week when a injury prone Pittsburgh Penguins team almost shut out the Habs, even though their top 6 or 7 players were injured. While watching the game, it just got really discouraging. Yesterday, they lose to the Panthers because they couldn't find the net. Something has gone terribly wrong in Habs territory and I hope that it doesn't become just a year to forget.

Oh and BTW, I've brought enough paper bags just in case Blue Jackets fans would like to have one as well. :P

No need my friend. I did see one guy wearing one at the game last night, but he was your typical overweight moron who never stops yelling "SHOOT" on the power play. Judging by the rest of his appearanc it would probably be good for the rest of us if he just never took the bag off.

So I was there, as this picture from ESPN.com proves

faceinthecrowd.png

I'm the guy in the third jersey on the right with the alternate captain A with his arms in the air. That's a strong victory pose I took on. Also notice, jock-tag removed. It's not hard to do folks.

The team looked like a completely different team from the first 8 games. It was like they were revitalized just by the thought of having a true NHL defenseman playing for them, even if it was James Wisniewski. The forecheck was relentless, the PK was sound, they had some semblance of a breakout, they didn't look overwhelmed by the Detroit Red Wings. They looked like a hockey team instead of a group of freelancers. Mason looked uncharacteristically calm and poised even after he left for two minutes.

Ryan Johansen looked like he belonged and scored his first career goal. This kid is gonna be good in the very near future.

Good crowd, rowdy energy. I went in expecting to be completely outnumbered by Wings fans and there were a good number of them, but it's been worse. I'd say about 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 were Detroit fans.

It's only one win, but it's something to build off of for sure.

edit: They also had the band "Locksley" who plays the new goal song "The Whip" play the song live in the arena (as well as some of their other songs. I'm not a fan.). I believe Toronto uses the same song and maybe some others. It was just weird to see a goal scored and cut to the actual band start playing the song live. It'd be like if the Blackhawks brought The Fratellis in to play "Chelsea Dagger". Have they done that?

PvO6ZWJ.png

edit: They also had the band "Locksley" who plays the new goal song "The Whip" play the song live in the arena (as well as some of their other songs. I'm not a fan.). I believe Toronto uses the same song and maybe some others.

More than anything, I find it strange that a team playing at Nationwide Arena would prominently showcase a song currently being used in the ad campaign for American Family Insurance.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Flames got rid of one of the best in the NHL in "Shot down in Flames" and brought in Duck Sause's Barbara Streisand. Some lame club beat that all the 16 year old kids love.

Such a bad song!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Flames got rid of one of the best in the NHL in "Shot down in Flames" and brought in Duck Sause's Barbara Streisand. Some lame club beat that all the 16 year old kids love.

Such a bad song!

Well I guess it makes sense that I love it... if I'm 16. :P

Saying in general. :P Also I don't think 16 year old kids go to clubs.

Honestly I don't know who likes that song. It's up there with Friday annoying, the one thing Friday actually has is lyrics. Which probably why it sucks.

Just makes me wanna rip my ears off.

Such a bad song!

Well I guess it makes sense that I love it... if I'm 16. :P

Saying in general. :P Also I don't think 16 year old kids go to clubs.

Honestly I don't know who likes that song. It's up there with Friday annoying, the one thing Friday actually has is lyrics. Which probably why it sucks.

Just makes me wanna rip my ears off.

I mean, I can handle it in isolation, but yes it would get annoying repeatedly hearing it. Like how watching the playoffs ruined "Chelsea Dagger" for me. #LOLuongo

6fQjS3M.png

I mean one thing I don't have to worry about is the Flames scoring at home in gross amounts. I mean tonight they have three goals, but getting rid of a goal song that's been a staple for the "C of Red" really hurts.

Also I love Chelsea Dagger, anytime the Flames aren't playing the Hawks.

My high school was nicknamed the Celtics. The goal song we used at our home hockey games was this really obnoxious Celtic jig music. You could just tell it irritated the hell out of the opponents. I have yet to hear a cooler goal song anywhere.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived