2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackhawks and Hurricanes setting hockey back about ten years tonight. Raleigh is a black hole of enthusiasm tonight, and the Hurricanes are about the most vanilla-ass team I've ever seen. They're not even one of those Untalented But Defensively Tenacious anal cysts. They just sorta put NHL players on the ice. Events transpire. Outcomes are reached. That this team recently won a Stanley Cup boggles my mind.

Maybe teams like the Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Sharks, Flyers, and Rangers should pay attention to how Carolina does it. It's not as if these teams ideas of how to build a Stanley Cup champion has worked. Maybe they should go the vanilla-style.

Well, the Hurricanes have missed the playoffs four of the last five years. Posts like these are why you're you.

Unrelated: I don't know if it's because he's only 19 or what, but Jeff Skinner is a total minge.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Good to see the Jets still being dreadful on defense. I'll be seeing their next two games in person.....

What do you mean still? Arn't the Jets brand new? :P

... no, the Jets are the Coyotes... I thought everyone knew that.

I saw, I came, I left.

Just a question.

When did Tampa Bay become so patriotic, and the way they sing the anthem is quite annoying.

Central Command where the Iraq and Afghan wars were all planned is located near Tampa.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Pekka Rinne picked up his 100th career victory & career shutout #22 vs. the Ducks tonight. He's now the all-time leader in Predators history when it comes to shutouts, passing the legendary (:lol: :lol: :lol:) Tomas Vokoun. Assuming they lock him up, he might put that record out of reach.

Nice to see Stalberg have a good game, same with Kruger, who's parents were at the game. Not sure how a win over Columbus has a ton of value at this point in the season, but 2 points is 2 points.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That was harder than it needed to be against the worst team in the league starting a minor-league goaltender. Never seen four washouts in a single game. Still, that Blue Jackets team sure will cure what ails ya, especially on the heels of a loss so bad that it made me doubt whether I could like hockey anymore: if that thing on melting ice in a silent barn was a hockey game, then I don't know if I can be a part of this. Just unspeakably bad. Quite possibly the worst hockey game I've ever seen in my life, no hyperbole.

Bolland dropped a dandy of an F-bomb. Called the ref a f-cking joke. He was right!

Kinda surprised Nabokov didn't play tonight against the Sharks. I saw the goal in OT, but didn't see the penalty against the Isles. Doug Weight was very pissed about it on the bench.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Kinda surprised Nabokov didn't play tonight against the Sharks. I saw the goal in OT, but didn't see the penalty against the Isles. Doug Weight was very pissed about it on the bench.

The refs butchered it completely. The puck obviously and clearly hit the glass but they called delay of game anyway. Worst rule in the NHL.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Instigator rule, hel-lo.

It's an acceptable rule if properly enforced. Incidentally, I went to nhl.tv to see what the fuss was all about from the Islanders game and this miscall wasn't even in the game highlights. Don't you suppose this constitutes an important part of the game? Oh, NHL.

Who does the Rogers Sportsnet Play-By-Play now for Flames games?

Rob Kerr. He had done a lot of pre/post-game stuff on Calgary radio prior to this season.

And though he is still learning, he's infinitly better then Peter Lombardius ever was.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived