2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I am going to reiterate the fact that he put himself into a vulnerable position after Engelland committed to the hit making it appear to look like a shot to the head

Kruger is out indefinitely with a concussion

A concussion does not always mean a shot to the head. Any sudden and forceful movement of the head can cause the brain to impact the side of the skull, as can the landing from a hit rather than the hit itself.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's another 20 years tacked onto the Cup drought, easily.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Will those 20 years finally be the impetus for Canada to apologize for Bieber? I think they still owe us for Celine Dion.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Will those 20 years finally be the impetus for Canada to apologize for Bieber? I think they still owe us for Celine Dion.

And Nickelback.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

And Nickelback.

They still got 2 gold medals, that's got to count for something.

It was a boarding from behind on Jared Boll in front of the Predators bench. Think Claude Lemieux on Kris Draper, but not nearly as bad.

That was the three fastest goals in Blue Jackets franchise history, by the way.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Signing Zach Stortini, waiving Zach Stortini, and then signing Bryan McGrattan was one of the more puzzling sequences of transactions this year. I thought their whole modus operandi was to somehow clutch, grab, and obstruct without ever committing penalties. The Predators aren't even very good at their way of not being very good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No, that was a headshot, and the onus is on Engelland not to hit the guy in the head. Which he did. After he leapt off the ice.

And why oh why was he not penalized for the hit, anyway? Therein lies the folly of the instigator rule: you shouldn't be rewarded with a power play because your teammate did something so egregious that the other team had to forgo the silly-ass Mutually Assured Slapfighting of "The Hockey Code" and just start kicking the crap out of him. Hawks should've killed the penalty, don't get me wrong, but at least it was a nice gesture to see from a team that all too often lets opponents get away with all the physicality they want.

For a team whose franchise player may have had his career ended by lack of respect for the game, the Penguins have a rather tone-deaf approach.

I am going to reiterate the fact that he put himself into a vulnerable position after Engelland committed to the hit making it appear to look like a shot to the head, and leave it at that. If he had remained in an upright, normal position the "main point of impact" would have been at the shoulder, and it would have been a more full-bodied hit. Should Engelland have gotten a charging call? Yes. I was surprised we got a powerplay out of that. At very least it should have been a 4-on4. To me this looks like a combination of "not enough punishment was done at the time so we're gonna make up for it" combined with Shanahan going "it was close enough, so let's suspend him anyway to send a message."

In any case, what's done is done, the point is moot. I will say, though, that your accusation of the pens being "tone-deaf" in respect to head shots and physicality is false.

He put himself in a vulnerable position? Um he was skating with the puck, explain to anyone some of your "logic" on how he put himself in a vulnerable position. That when he was going for the puck the Pittsburgh player grabbed him (an interference penalty) and turned him? I'm sorry, arguing that a player who is going for the puck puts himself in a vulnerable position is a horrible argument and baseless especially when you actually watch the play and see that Engelland had one intention and that was to hurt the guy who he hurt. You don't launch yourself in the air at another player unless you are attempting to hit the head and hurt the other player. He should've got between 8-10 games. I'm sorry, but this whole idea of not punishing guys who don't have a history is pure crap. If it's intentional as this was, then any player deserves to be hit with a huge suspension.

Whoever the sideline candy is for Fox Sports Ohio looks terrific in a sweater. Kind of an Erin Andrews vibe. Everything else about the Jackets' production is unremarkable. At least they have two good things going for them!

If you catch my drift!

And I think you do!

;)

EDIT: 5-4 Columbus already. Man, if you're gonna blow this game to the shotless wonders, it's really not your year.

EDIT: The Blue Jackets' slogan this year, because every team has to have a stupid slogan every year, seems to be "Gotta See It Live!", but I don't know if it's a long i, that I need to be there in person, or a short i, that I need to witness its existence before it dies. I really don't feel that I have to do either.

EDIT: oh good the Jets game is back on.

EDIT: Wheeler scored. Jets are winning games in spite of themselves. What is the point of this year, really.

I love dropping in on Winnipeg home games. I wish this could last forever. These are the loudest 15,000 people in hockey.

I don't know just how injured they are, but between last night and tonight, the Canadiens are a miserable team. Just awful. Not even francophone coaching could save this thing.

I love dropping in on Winnipeg home games. I wish this could last forever. These are the loudest 15,000 people in hockey.

I don't know just how injured they are, but between last night and tonight, the Canadiens are a miserable team. Just awful. Not even francophone coaching could save this thing.

Gomez and Gionta are injured. Markov hasn't played forever. Cammalleri is having a weak season so far. I can't believe David Desharnais, a 4th liner last year has more points than him. It's going to suck, but they are not going to make the playoffs with weak play like that. Right now, there's a pierced hole in their boat and they are going to sink if nothing gets done.

As for the language issue towards the coach, I don't care if he doesn't speak a word of french. Just get someone who will make the team win and I'll be satisfied.

Archived