Fictional College League

HarperK

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coastal California looks nice... Wonder where you got that idea from... :P

coincidence i swear!

It's all good brotha! Might want to use them logos tho for a rebrand in the future! Or maybe a throwback?

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

These are great. All creative and look very clean. Is there anyway to obtain the template in PSD?

Ill work on getting a public version up soon. I still want to add some more to it. (UA, Russell, etc)

Alright. If you ever release them I know I'll be waiting for them. They're great.

Most of these are really great. I have plenty more comments I will post later; for now I would just recommend changing the mascot for the tier 2 Kentucky team. Thoroughbreds. There is a thorobreds already in KY, the Kentucky State U team. Might draw too close a comparison

As a Mainer, I feel like I have to critique the University of Northern Maine's mascot.

Northern Maine is generally considered to be (roughly) the area I circled in red here:

MaineMap.png

The area I circled in yellow represents some prime lobster fishing, though. That area's considered far-eastern Maine.

I do think "Fighting Lobsters" is a fantastic name, though, so I'd say change the University of Northern Maine's name to the University of Eastern Maine so that it's more accurate to the lobster's natural habitat.

I must say, though, this is a phenomenal project and you've done well with it. The fact that you're including Maine (twice!) is awesome and I thank you for it.

spacer.png

As a Mainer, I feel like I have to critique the University of Northern Maine's mascot.

Northern Maine is generally considered to be (roughly) the area I circled in red here:

MaineMap.png

The area I circled in yellow represents some prime lobster fishing, though. That area's considered far-eastern Maine.

I do think "Fighting Lobsters" is a fantastic name, though, so I'd say change the University of Northern Maine's name to the University of Eastern Maine so that it's more accurate to the lobster's natural habitat.

I must say, though, this is a phenomenal project and you've done well with it. The fact that you're including Maine (twice!) is awesome and I thank you for it.

That was only an identity I suggested...to my knowledge, he has not made that an official part of his project.

bYhYmxh.png

MaineMap.png

That was only an identity I suggested...to my knowledge, he has not made that an official part of his project.

My mistake. I only saw "Northern Maine" and "lobsters" and impulse took over from there.

Fighting Lobsters is an absolutely phenomenal name, though, just not apt for northern Maine.

spacer.png

I don't know... (as another Mainer) I've always considered anything above Cumberland County to be northern Maine :P

I have to agree that the fighting lobsters would be an awesome name for a team. I'd definitely love to see that.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Finally got a chance to look at my old files. Here's the Northern Lights Conference in all its glory. Feel free to use as much or as little of this as you want (though I think it'd be pretty cool to see the whole thing intact).

Northern Lights Conference

University of Eastern Minnesota - Rochester, Minn. - Purple & White - "Muskies"

Kinnickinnic University - Bay View, Wis. - Burgundy & Sky Blue - "Bayhawks"

Lake Michigan University - Waukegan, Ill. - Sky Blue & Red - "Seafarers"

Michigan International University - Detroit, Mich. - Kelly Green & Silver - "Cosmopolitans"

Milwaukee Valley University - Riverwest, Wis. - Brown & Yellow-Gold - "Zephyrs"

Minn Tech (Minnesota University of Technology) - St. Paul, Minn. - Navy & Yellow-Gold - "Techies"

University of Southern Michigan - Grand Rapids, Mich. - Black & Red - "Trolls"

Wisconsin State University - East Milwaukee, Wis. - Pine Green & Lime Green - "Green Gulls"

I had a team from Upper Michigan Yoopers team on here too, but you already have one, so I took them off.

Oh I know... my dad's fam is from Kalamazoo :D

I thought about calling them Lower Michigan, but I already have a Lake Michigan and thought that might make them too similar... although that could make for a good rivalry (i.e. "We're the REAL LMU!")

I don't know... (as another Mainer) I've always considered anything above Cumberland County to be northern Maine :P

I have to agree that the fighting lobsters would be an awesome name for a team. I'd definitely love to see that.

Well, anything north of Cumberland County is considered "woods" to us southern Mainers. :P

spacer.png

btw u can see one of the schools was heavily influenced by the Halifax Highlanders concept on here earlier, even though I had the name of the school set months before.

Good series K. A lot of work. A lot of good work.

I'm kinda partial to the N.S. Kings' logo and tartan.

UNSH.png

btw u can see one of the schools was heavily influenced by the Halifax Highlanders concept on here earlier, even though I had the name of the school set months before.

UNSH.png

Sir, if you could please change your sig...I don't appreciate you stealing MY absolutely original artwork that I slaved for days upon days creating.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Just a thought for Maryland State, since you mentioned it.

I play as the Maryland State Colonials with my create-a-team on Xbox.

My uniform style is sort of a mashup between the Colts classic lines and the Patriot's color scheme. Although, my primary jersey is red and the alt is navy. There's already a ton of American history all throughout New England, and with the Naval Academy in Annapolis, a military name like "colonials," "patriots," "rebels," etc... works for a Maryland team.

Just my $0.02

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

UNSH.png

Sir, if you could please change your sig...I don't appreciate you stealing MY absolutely original artwork that I slaved for days upon days creating.

Bad form, Chewbarky. Bad form.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived