Phoenix Suns

chickenfish13

Hey Guys.

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, but after viewing Jaha's thread fully, I wanted to work on a basketball concept. I chose the Phoenix Suns for a couple reasons, mainly that they have an awesome color scheme (besides the grey), and their current logo is really strange in my eyes. The skewed rectangle containing shape is just something you don't really see, and I think there is a good reason for that.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the mark and the type here, but It doesn't feel like an NBA primary logo to me. I feel like it needs something containing the sun, but that could just be me. Also, what do you think of the highlight on the ball? I like the look, but the perspective feels a little weird to me.

Tell me what you guys think, if you like it I may get some jerseys done.

Thanks!

phoenixsunslogo.png

also, thanks to lost type ( or Trevor Baum ) for the killer font.

WAY TOO MUCH stroke on the sun. Remember that the sun is mainly orange in real life, and base your concept off that.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I like the wordmark. It reminds me an updated version of their original wordmark back in the 1970s.

As far as the sun, like others said, it needs more orange and yellow in the sun rays. It looks like the ball lines, if extended, would line up perfectly with certain points of the rays. You could consider doing something with that if I make any sense.

As always, a nice clean start.

I like the wordmark. It reminds me an updated version of their original wordmark back in the 1970s.

As far as the sun, like others said, it needs more orange and yellow in the sun rays. It looks like the ball lines, if extended, would line up perfectly with certain points of the rays. You could consider doing something with that if I make any sense.

As always, a nice clean start.

Like how the Pacers have the horizontal lines coming from the basketball into the P.

I pretty much agree with everyone else. Like the wordmark, like the yellow highlights, but the primary needs less purple.

WAY TOO MUCH stroke on the sun. Remember that the sun is mainly orange in real life, and base your concept off that.

Agreed that the purple is too large. Our sun is actually classified as a yellow dwarf star, based on its temperature, but it's not even yellow. It's white.

The idea for the concept is not bad at all. The actually rendering however, is where this concept falls short.

Like the others have mentioned, the sun's rays are far too predominant in your logo and should be scaled down quite a bit to help balance it out.

The font choice isn't quite doing it for me either. Maybe try something a little closer spaced and one solid color on the wordmark.

This definitely has the potential to be awesome, just needs a couple updates. Keep working at it!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

why dont you try reversing the colours on the b-ball and the sun?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I'd also watch the distance between each piece of the ball as well? Tighten that up and make it a couple point bigger and I think you'll be solid... Can't wait for the jerseys. Hoping for some Barkley inspiration?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived