NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

I'm another person sad to see the Sabres heritage jersey go. :(

I have that jersey hanging in my closet right now.

I have the Authentic version hanging on my wall, one of my favourite jerseys of my collection :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vinik got the team at a good price and just privately financed the renovations of the Tampa Bay Times Forum.

He's not going anywhere for the foreseeable future.

Don't remind me.

Yeah, new seats are great. And the Tesla coils are really cool. That's about it.

They redid the suites, ok. But they made it so each one no longer has it owns bathroom. To me, that's a huge part of the suite.

The organ is way overrated in my opinion. I mean, I guess it's cool enough, but I don't find anything amazing about it.

The open standing areas don't do anything for me, I sit at my seat during the game.

The screen, which was not a part of Vinik and is amazing, has 4 or 5 huge deal pixels on our side that hasn't been fixed all year.

They redid the logo and uniforms, which wasn't needed, and even announced it partway through the season, while still selling the then current merchandise at regular price. The only reason they kept the old thirds was to appease the fans, and it's temporary since it has the old logo. They just know Tampa Bay fans are often fickle and won't stay upset about much.

They didn't listen to the fans who hated the new look, except for adding a lightning bolt to the pants, super...,and black, but only in outlines around the numbers in a very minor amount.

Stevie Y is so far overrated as well. He did well his first year, but not all those pieces were his. The ones he did add, did well. But I feel he got lucky.

This season hasn't gone as well.

I admit, my biggest gripe is the new look. I can't say enough how much I hate it. It wasn't needed, and was just a money making thing and for the new owners and Yzerman to put their "mark" on the team. It's a joke.

2ly2w09.jpg

I admit, my biggest gripe is the new look. I can't say enough how much I hate it. It wasn't needed...

Oh yes, it was very much needed...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I admit, my biggest gripe is the new look. I can't say enough how much I hate it. It wasn't needed...

New Jerseys were needed, the logo was fine.

I have to disagree...

The current look is much cleaner, and the logo is beautifully simple. For the first time since they abandoned their original look, Tampa Bay looks like an actual hockey team.

My only critique is that the shoulder logo is the superior logo in the new identity.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Sabres organization is clueless when it comes to uniforms... After finally ridding themselves of the Slug Debacle and replacing it with a coherent set that actually gave them an identity, they're messing with it all again. If the rumours on Icethetics are true, the new third will be primarily Black with a design based off those horrid "Black Ice" jerseys. This would be a failure of epic proportions... In line with a certain jersey recently released by the Islanders.

It seems like maybe the fauxback trend is slowly beginning to phase out. Which means that teams might also stop using vintage white as much as they do now. Truthfully, I'm sad to see Buffalo's heritage fauxback being retired, but I'm also looking foward to the possibility of seeing a rumored "Black Ice" jersey based on the Sabres vintage late 90s look. I am willing to give it a chance and hopefully they don't let me down by creating an epic failure like the Islanders did.

the only reason i wasn't disappointed because it was a fully expected that they were going to roll out a fail of a uniform. it was the degree of the fail that i was interested in.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I have to disagree...

The current look is much cleaner, and the logo is beautifully simple. For the first time since they abandoned their original look, Tampa Bay looks like an actual hockey team.

My only critique is that the shoulder logo is the superior logo in the new identity.

The design process for Tampa's new jerseys...

"We need something Iconic and original... any ideas?"

"Why not just copy Detroits jerseys, they don't get anymore iconic than that!"

"Brilliant! Now we just need a colour scheme, our fans won't stand for red and white."

"Why not just copy the Maple Leafs? That'll make us look even more iconic!"

"Well done sir! Just need a couple of generic Lightning Bolts in circles and we can have ourselves an early lunch!"

"How about writing the words "Tampa Bay Hockey Club" around one of them? People will have to take us seriously now!"

"Genius! Lunch?"

I have to disagree...

"Brilliant! Now we just need a colour scheme, our fans won't stand for red and white."

"Well done sir! Just need a couple of generic Lightning Bolts in circles and we can have ourselves an early lunch!"

"How about writing the words "Tampa Bay Hockey Club" around one of them? People will have to take us seriously now!"

"Genius! Lunch?"

Morgo, I know you and I don't get along sometimes, but you are seriously one of my favorite posters on this site. Props, you filthy Canuck fan my man.

spacer.png

I have to disagree...

"Genius! Lunch?"

(bow) . Potd my man. Potd. this made my day!

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I have to disagree...

"Genius! Lunch?"

Bravo, Morgo. I LOL'd.

And I know I've said this before, but why destroy a 20-year old identity in which you won a Cup in just to try and make an "iconic" brand? Why start from scratch and do something completely different and generic when you had your own unique colour scheme and pretty much constant uniforms for 19 years?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I have to disagree...

"Genius! Lunch?"

Not sure if Cody has the tenure to nominate, but I'll second.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I have to disagree...

"Genius! Lunch?"

Ditto. Can we get one more?

spacer.png

I have to disagree...

"Genius! Lunch?"

Ditto. Can we get one more?

Yep. Morgo, here ya go:

postofday.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Congrats Morgo. I pity the fool who fails to see the message of compromise in your post because you made it pretty clear exactly what went wrong in the rebrand: not a bad looking identity, just the wrong one.

Midway.png

New Jerseys were needed, the logo was fine.

I have to disagree...

Not sure if serious.

They don't look like an actual hockey team.

They look like a bastardization of other teams identities because the owner and GM are toolbags.

2ly2w09.jpg

I don't think you're actually a Lightning fan.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

hopefully the islanders drop the ugly blacks, they suck and also cant win when wearing them...actually they cant win wearing anything at this point. but if theyre going to lose and end up leaving, i want my home team to do it looking amazing. and if anything, i hope they drop the black and add an orange version of thier home/road uni, even though its such a long shot now with the team future being unknown in new york.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Archived