NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

Leafs will be playing in another intrasquad match tonight:

89574_Maple_Leafs_Lightning_Hockey.jpg

Carlyle says it's to keep the team working hard on an off day. No reason provided as to why Keith Aulie is back with the team.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never liked the use of gold in the stripes. The Sens should just be a black, red, and white team. The best thing about those alternates is the shoulder patch. I would love to see it used on the shoulders of the =O= jerseys.

The day the Senators become just a Red Black and White team is a sad day. Basically they just become an inverted NJ Devils. The Senators have been using red, black, white and gold for nearly 20 years yet everyone wants them to jump on the throwback bandwagon an adopt the generic Time New Roman "O..." When they're not even the same teams...

The Senators have always been a red, black, and white team. Just because they have gold in the crest doesn't mean they have to use it in the uniforms, just ask the Blackhawks. Red, black, and white have been traditional Ottawa sports colours for over a century. I think that gives the Sens the right to use the colours. I think by using a red home jersey the Sens look too much like the Devils, Blackhawks, and Hurricanes. By using a black home jersey they would differentiate themselves from the other red/black teams. And who cares if it's not the same team! They play in the same city, under the same name, and use the same colours! It's not like any other franchise in the league has claim to the old Sens history. The heritage look is much nicer than any other look they've had, so why shouldn't they emphasize it?

The Sabres organization is clueless when it comes to uniforms... After finally ridding themselves of the Slug Debacle and replacing it with a coherent set that actually gave them an identity, they're messing with it all again. If the rumours on Icethetics are true, the new third will be primarily Black with a design based off those horrid "Black Ice" jerseys. This would be a failure of epic proportions... In line with a certain jersey recently released by the Islanders.

It seems like maybe the fauxback trend is slowly beginning to phase out. Which means that teams might also stop using vintage white as much as they do now. Truthfully, I'm sad to see Buffalo's heritage fauxback being retired, but I'm also looking foward to the possibility of seeing a rumored "Black Ice" jersey based on the Sabres vintage late 90s look. I am willing to give it a chance and hopefully they don't let me down by creating an epic failure like the Islanders did.

I never liked the use of gold in the stripes. The Sens should just be a black, red, and white team. The best thing about those alternates is the shoulder patch. I would love to see it used on the shoulders of the =O= jerseys.

The day the Senators become just a Red Black and White team is a sad day. Basically they just become an inverted NJ Devils. The Senators have been using red, black, white and gold for nearly 20 years yet everyone wants them to jump on the throwback bandwagon an adopt the generic Time New Roman "O..." When they're not even the same teams...

The Senators have always been a red, black, and white team. Just because they have gold in the crest doesn't mean they have to use it in the uniforms, just ask the Blackhawks. Red, black, and white have been traditional Ottawa sports colours for over a century. I think that gives the Sens the right to use the colours. I think by using a red home jersey the Sens look too much like the Devils, Blackhawks, and Hurricanes. By using a black home jersey they would differentiate themselves from the other red/black teams. And who cares if it's not the same team! They play in the same city, under the same name, and use the same colours! It's not like any other franchise in the league has claim to the old Sens history. The heritage look is much nicer than any other look they've had, so why shouldn't they emphasize it?

Gold on the crest = gold in the colour scheme. This might belong in the unpopular opinions thread but I think the Heritage look is extremely bland and overrated. A times new roman "O" on two stripes... what an interesting dynamic logo. Love the vintage white too... that hasn't been done to death :rolleyes:

Leafs will be playing in another intrasquad match tonight:

89574_Maple_Leafs_Lightning_Hockey.jpg

Carlyle says it's to keep the team working hard on an off day. No reason provided as to why Keith Aulie is back with the team.

Hahaha, that's awesome.

I'm still angry about the Lightning jerseys and logo. I'm going to the game tonight, I wish I could think of a cool way to show the team I hate the new look and get peoples attention.

2ly2w09.jpg

Hahaha, that's awesome.

I'm still angry about the Lightning jerseys and logo. I'm going to the game tonight, I wish I could think of a cool way to show the team I hate the new look and get peoples attention.

A good old "Toronto called: they want their jerseys back" would work. Or even a big "X" over their current logo.

Back on uniform changes, if the Sabres do a Black Ice-inspired jersey, I will cringe. You're better off basing it off of the 90s set and not just using the fill-tool to recolour the primary. Actually, you're better off not having one at all. Their current one was prefect, if they only got rid of the contrasting nameplate.

I still say if you just take the black off the uniforms, they'd be perfect.

Love everything about the Bolts uniforms except the knee-jerk addition of black...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I still say if you just take the black off the uniforms, they'd be perfect.

Love everything about the Bolts uniforms except the knee-jerk addition of black...

The fans wanted the black. Stevie Y didn't want it.

And no, they wouldn't be perfect because it'd look even more like the Detrointo Maple Wings.

spacer.png

As has been said many times on these very boards... "Fans" are s**tty designers...

Trust me, normally I hate unnecessary addition of black, but the Lightning have used it (well, I might add) throughout their entire history.

And I'll say it again: They'd look even more like the Detrointo Maple Wings without it.

spacer.png

As has been said many times on these very boards... "Fans" are s**tty designers...

Trust me, normally I hate unnecessary addition of black, but the Lightning have used it (well, I might add) throughout their entire history.

And I'll say it again: They'd look even more like the Detrointo Maple Wings without it.

Yep.

There is a lot of talk about the Lightning losing the black but what about the silver? Those four colours together is what made the identity stand out. I think one day the Lightning will realize the error of their ways and return the old scheme. Won't be for a awhile though as they are really comitted to the new look.

Does it matter? They still look like the Detrointo Maple Wings even with it. I still think it looks weird that the numbers are visually more complex than the freakin crest. How often does that happen in sports? I say either simplify the numbers again, or complexify the crest.

As for the Sabres black alt, I just don't see it. I mean, you grow up watching your hometown team in royal blue and gold, you even have season tickets for a couple of years. You still drive 3 hours from Pittsburgh to see your team in royal blue and gold after you move away. Then, you strike it rich years later and buy said team, then the first uni-related move you make is to throw in a black alt?!?! Maybe I'm wrong, but I won't believe it 'til I see it. It might've just been rumor around the time of the sale, but I even think Pegula (new owner) dislikes the red and black era, but we're supposedly getting a black alt? Nope. And when I say "nope", I mean "God I hope not".

Gold on the crest = gold in the colour scheme. This might belong in the unpopular opinions thread but I think the Heritage look is extremely bland and overrated. A times new roman "O" on two stripes... what an interesting dynamic logo. Love the vintage white too... that hasn't been done to death :rolleyes:

I don't think it's completely necessary to suggest that if a colour is in the crest, it should be in the colour scheme, otherwise there would be no green in the Canucks uniforms since there is none in the logo. However, I will say that probably the second best uniform the Sens have ever had was the alt with the Peace Tower shoulder logo where gold was used prominently. I think it's actually been somewhat of a missed opportunity for the Senators to not use it more.

As far as their vintage 3rds, I like them (though vintage white should just be white), I don't get the love for the O logo. People complain about the Canucks stick in rink logo about being too simple, yet the Senators' is just an O. It's okay for an alt or a shoulder logo, but the team doesn't have the 60 or 70 years of continuous operation to get a pass to use it as a primary.

Would the league even allow an alt to be just pretty much a recoloured version of a team's primary (i.e. a black version of the Sabres' primary)?

Does anyone know if the Avalanche Blue and the Jets lighter blue are the same colour?

Cody21 asked ColorWerx a little while ago, and they're not.

There is a lot of talk about the Lightning losing the black but what about the silver? Those four colours together is what made the identity stand out. I think one day the Lightning will realize the error of their ways and return the old scheme. Won't be for a awhile though as they are really comitted to the new look.

This. I think that when Yzerman and Vinyk or whatever the hell his name is leave, the new execs will go back to their true identity.

I don't think it's completely necessary to suggest that if a colour is in the crest, it should be in the colour scheme, otherwise there would be no green in the Canucks uniforms since there is none in the logo. However, I will say that probably the second best uniform the Sens have ever had was the alt with the Peace Tower shoulder logo where gold was used prominently. I think it's actually been somewhat of a missed opportunity for the Senators to not use it more.

As far as their vintage 3rds, I like them (though vintage white should just be white), I don't get the love for the O logo. People complain about the Canucks stick in rink logo about being too simple, yet the Senators' is just an O. It's okay for an alt or a shoulder logo, but the team doesn't have the 60 or 70 years of continuous operation to get a pass to use it as a primary.

Unless the Senators use the updated 2D logo, their current thirds are outstanding. True, they don't have the 60 to 70 years of continuous operation, BUT, like the Canucks, they are a Canadian-based team and having simplified crest and uniform like the Canadiens and Maple Leafs is something that is very pleasing to the eye. The two barber stripes that the O is on gives the uniform a little bit of a distinctive look then just an O on a plain background. I cannot stand the garbage the Sens currently wear - the 3D "Messier" look and the amateurish number font. Sorry, but when I look at the Sens' 3D logo, it screams Mark Messier.

Archived