NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the 2-D head (either the old one or new one) and numbers that aren't Serpentine, that should've been their new uniform, not the Edge By Numbers crap they have now, which looks flimsy and cheap and lame. The crest does suck, you're right. Still, at least it's not the swoosh sweater.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

All this talk of Senators uniforms, surprised I haven't seen this one posted:

PRT2003.jpg

(unless I missed it)

Love the striping, meh on the crest.

I never liked the use of gold in the stripes. The Sens should just be a black, red, and white team. The best thing about those alternates is the shoulder patch. I would love to see it used on the shoulders of the =O= jerseys.

PRT2003.jpg

(unless I missed it)

I never liked the use of gold in the stripes. The Sens should just be a black, red, and white team. The best thing about those alternates is the shoulder patch. I would love to see it used on the shoulders of the =O= jerseys.

IMO the use of gold is what makes that sweater stand up above the rest of the Sens' looks.

~~~~

Screen-Shot-2012-03-14-at-11h48.20-.png

My AHL team's St. Paddy's uniform design.

Is it bad that I love them?

spacer.png

PRT2003.jpg

(unless I missed it)

Agreed.

Those jerseys looked pretty good on television, but in person they are an abomination. That gold is much too shiny and the golden fabric resembles something you would find on a bad prom dress.

thecatch.jpg

PRT2003.jpg

(unless I missed it)

Agreed.

Those jerseys looked pretty good on television, but in person they are an abomination. That gold is much too shiny and the golden fabric resembles something you would find on a bad prom dress.

Quietly these are among the best jerseys of all expansion era teams. I normally hate black jerseys, but this just works.

PRT2003.jpg

(unless I missed it)

IMO the use of gold is what makes that sweater stand up above the rest of the Sens' looks.

~~~~

I'm not too big on the "Pirates" font, but other than that, it looks fantastic.

The day the Senators become just a Red Black and White team is a sad day. Basically they just become an inverted NJ Devils. The Senators have been using red, black, white and gold for nearly 20 years yet everyone wants them to jump on the throwback bandwagon an adopt the generic Time New Roman "O..." When they're not even the same teams...

Well, you can officially say goodbye to the current Sabres' alt:

Alternate blue jerseys with "Buffalo" script on the front were retired tonight. Won't be worn again. The way this one ended, just as well.

https://twitter.com/#!/BNHarrington/status/180135240667365377

What a shame. Another beautiful heritage jersey bites the dust along with Chicago and Boston's respective Winter Classic jerseys. But it's probably a financial decision as I've heard that they will be releasing a new alt next year so that they have a new jersey to sell.

Alternate blue jerseys with "Buffalo" script on the front were retired tonight. Won't be worn again. The way this one ended, just as well.

What a shame. Another beautiful heritage jersey bites the dust along with Chicago and Boston's respective Winter Classic jerseys. But it's probably a financial decision as I've heard that they will be releasing a new alt next year so that they have a new jersey to sell.

I liked those sweaters. Damn.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Follow-up tweet from the same guy says no alts for the Sabres next year - just home and road.

Hoping for a big offseason clearance on those royal blues.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Eww, NO! The version right before this without the white is far superior!!! The dark jersey is so dark and ominous!!!

The all black look seems too flat. I'm with Nash and others, the black white and red look was amazing.

This. The 96-97 jerseys (with black numbers) were phenomenal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Follow-up tweet from the same guy says no alts for the Sabres next year - just home and road.

I'll def keep an eye out. I'd love one!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

^

|

|

|

|

This. It's amazing to me ... I was watching an Oilers/ Sharks game purely for jersey-aesthetic reasons. It struck me how sweet the Oilers look with the shoulder yolks and just a clean royal / orange scheme. You look at my Rangers, who are gorgeous in the clean royal/ red, check.

It seriously made me yearn for a league that basically looked entirely like the Oilers and Rangers. The Edge-ification of sweaters gave you like 10 templates to choose from, and probably 8 of them were crap. The Oilers and Rangers --- itt just flat-out works. You just know it when you see it. Like -- just put the Lightning logo on a home Oilers sweater. Keep the blue as-is. Just replace all orange with black. Bang! I'm sure that's gonna look a million times better than what they have. The Sabres ??? Get rid of the pit-stained jersey they have now with excess piping. Place their logo on a home Oilers jersey. Keep that same royal blue and swap orange for yellow. How good is that looking??? How about the Blues' eh jerseys. Take the blue note. Put it on a Ranger road uni. Replace all red with yellow. Done.

It annoys me how no team is pulling off a sweet royal/ yellow combo. The Sabres were the only team. It was unique and very pleasing to the eye. For some reason, both the Sabres and Blues refuse to do that, and it makes one scratch their head. If the rumor of the Sabres doing a generic black uniform for an alt. are true, I give up. I officially absolve Edge of all sins. Was watching Rangers/ Canes 2 days ago -- how could an expansion team like the Canes get to keep their unique and DISTINCTLY un-Edge design and the Leafs missed the boat??? We've had a million chances for the Sens and Pitt to change their uniforms away from the template crap they have. Still have not. While some teams use the Edge "piping" that rims around the jersey (Blues/ Preds -- sweet uni, by the way), almost all teams have dropped the "Bettman stripes" that CUT RIGHT THROUGH the A or C on a jersey; yet, the Avs still present a set with Bettman stripes and a third jersey without waist stripes. There's no excuse anymore...

PRT2003.jpg

(unless I missed it)

~~~~

I'm not too big on the "Pirates" font, but other than that, it looks fantastic.

Neither am I. It looks like an MS Word standard font. If they had just used the recolored logo as the crest, I think this would be truly fantastic.

~~~~

I'm actually going to miss those Sabres alts.

spacer.png

The Sabres organization is clueless when it comes to uniforms... After finally ridding themselves of the Slug Debacle and replacing it with a coherent set that actually gave them an identity, they're messing with it all again. If the rumours on Icethetics are true, the new third will be primarily Black with a design based off those horrid "Black Ice" jerseys. This would be a failure of epic proportions... In line with a certain jersey recently released by the Islanders.

Agreed. I have a total of 0 hockey jerseys, but that would be my first one. Just seems like it'd be cool to wear around during the winter.

Archived