NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flames' vintage look uses a vibrant red with a vibrant athletic gold. Combined with the white, there's just no contrast. It's two bright colours competing for space with an additional light colour. Now I'm not saying the Flames need a primarily black sweater. Black striping here and there though? Combined with the gold and red? It allows the two brighter colours to pop. I like vibrant colours too, but the vintage Flames stuff is just a bit to much.

Seconded. This is the problem my high school will have if they keep it up. They have this color scheme, which is unique in Arizona, but they've been on a BFBS witch hunt for years. Our new third jerseys have a variety of problems, but they're red on gold, which is one of them.

I think they need to go crimson and sunflower gold to break it up. Metallic gold is too much of a departure for a nearly 60-year-old school.

Unpopular opinion: I loved the 1995-2000 Flames set. Even the podium stripes.

If anything, the podium stripes were far from the worst jersey designs from the 90s NHL, and well, I credit the Flames for trying something unique.

The Flames should have left their original set alone. Maybe deepen the red a touch and shrink their block numbers to standard size, but that's it. When they added black, it was also copying the Canucks' colours. The Canucks were an original black, gold(yellow), and red team. When the Canucks switched to home white in '89 and the Flames added black 5 years later, both teams looked more identical based on their colour schemes.

If anything, the podium stripes were far from the worst jersey designs from the 90s NHL, and well, I credit the Flames for trying something unique.

The Flames should have left their original set alone. Maybe deepen the red a touch and shrink their block numbers to standard size, but that's it. When they added black, it was also copying the Canucks' colours. The Canucks were an original black, gold(yellow), and red team. When the Canucks switched to home white in '89 and the Flames added black 5 years later, both teams looked more identical based on their colour schemes.

Even with black the Flames never looked like the Canucks. The colours were similar, but the Flames looked no more like the Canucks then the Canadiens look like the Rangers. They each utilized the colours they were working with uniquely.

Besides, the black, gold, and red look never really fit the Canucks. It seemed so out of place in the Pacific northwest. The blue, green, and white is a much, much better look for them. I still maintain that you'd have a pretty good, near perfect, Flames set if you took the 1995-2000 set and simply removed the podium striping.

Even with black the Flames never looked like the Canucks. The colours were similar, but the Flames looked no more like the Canucks then the Canadiens look like the Rangers. They each utilized the colours they were working with uniquely.

Besides, the black, gold, and red never really fit the Canucks. It seemed so out of place in the Pacific northwest. The blue, green, and white is a much, much better look for them. I still maintain that you'd have a pretty good, near perfect, Flames set if you took the 1995-2000 set and simply removed the podium striping.

While I will always cherish the 80s and early 90s colours, I do wholeheartedly agree that blue, green, and white is the most appropriate look for the Canucks. I'm afraid you and I will have to agree to disagree on black being on the Flames uniforms. Black on the Flames' set is like red being on the Blues' set.

Mind you, I do prefer the '04 look over the '95-'00 set. However, I would not go with italics for the numbers and I would have horizontal hem stripes. I would also use red helmets to match the sweaters. Last, I would re-apply red yokes to the whites plus red and gold piping on each side of the pants. I'd say it's a fair compromise between the '89 Stanley Cup look and the '04 runner-up look.

Besides, the black, gold, and red look never really fit the Canucks. It seemed so out of place in the Pacific northwest. The blue, green, and white is a much, much better look for them. I still maintain that you'd have a pretty good, near perfect, Flames set if you took the 1995-2000 set and simply removed the podium striping.

Hardly. The intersecting diagonal stripes on the shoulder yokes look terrible.

I loved the horse and the inclusion of black. I'm not a Flames fan at all, but the 04 red jersey is one of my all time favorites. And the horse was a perfect alternate logo. It was a new look from the typical C, which I loved. And it fit in with the stadium name haha.

Manchester-City-icon.png

How about two toned with red and maroon / brick to go with the yellow and a little bit of black?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Hardly. The intersecting diagonal stripes on the shoulder yokes look terrible.

I loved the sleeve stripe pattern, actually. It was down right traditional when you compare it to some other "innovations" from the era. I rather have chevron intersecting sleeve stripes then wave stripes or a cartoon duck jumping through the ice.

no they aren't. They are an original kelly green and royal blue team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Unpopular opinion: I loved the 1995-2000 Flames set.

Even the podium stripes.

If anything, the podium stripes were far from the worst

jersey designs from the 90s NHL, and well, I credit the Flames for trying something unique.

The Flames should have left their original set alone. Maybe deepen the red a touch and shrink their block numbers to standard size, but that's it. When they added black, it was also copying the Canucks' colours. The

Canucks were an original black, gold(yellow), and red team. When the Canucks switched to home white in '89 and the Flames added black 5 years later, both teams looked more identical based on their colour schemes.

I think he meant that the Canucks were the first team in the NHL to wear black, red, and yellow, before the Flames.

Either Reebok doesn't have a catalogue this year or people are being VERY tight lipped. I for one do not believe there will be no wholesale changes to any of the 30 teams primary jersey sets (as Chris from Icethetics hinted). There are just too many teams in bad need of an overhaul. Perhaps this year it will actually be surprise. We are less than 4 months away from seeing what's in store next season.

Unpopular opinion: I loved the 1995-2000 Flames set.

Even the podium stripes.

If anything, the podium stripes were far from the worst

jersey designs from the 90s NHL, and well, I credit the Flames for trying something unique.

The Flames should have left their original set alone. Maybe deepen the red a touch and shrink their block numbers to standard size, but that's it. When they added black, it was also copying the Canucks' colours. The

Canucks were an original black, gold(yellow), and red team. When the Canucks switched to home white in '89 and the Flames added black 5 years later, both teams looked more identical based on their colour schemes.

I think he meant that the Canucks were the first team in the NHL to wear black, red, and yellow, before the Flames.

That is correct. Blue, green, and white are the Canucks' original colours but they were the first team to wear black, red, and yellow.

The Sens just released their online brochure for next season and it is very "O"-centric.

http://senators.c1ms.com/2012/

Personally I hope it is a sign of things to come, but maybe their just trying to sell more of the third jerseys.

As long as Scotiabank is a major sponsor of the team I'm pretty sure you can be certain the home jerseys will stay red. Having said that, the reds and whites could sure use a massive overhaul.

Has there been a few players who've worn #98?

The Sens just released their online brochure for next season and it is very "O"-centric.

Personally I hope it is a sign of things to come, but maybe their just trying to sell more of the third jerseys.

As long as Scotiabank is a major sponsor of the team I'm pretty sure you can be certain the home jerseys will stay red. Having said that, the reds and whites could sure use a massive overhaul.

Given the emphasis they've given the "O" logo, I wouldn't be against the Sens turning their "O" alts into their primary, and making matching road whites for it.

I don't think the red has anything to do with Scotiabank. Scotiabank doesn't own the team.

I don't think the red has anything to do with Scotiabank. Scotiabank doesn't own the team.

The Sens did decide on the red-black-white colours well before Scotiabank got the naming rights to their arena, and it's got some historical standing, even.

Archived