NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

I'd like to see the BLACKhawks in BLACK at home.

You will next year, 6 to 12 times, and you'll realize how badly the crest needs its tan outline back.

I was just thinking about that today when I dug out my Alexei Zhamnov jersey from the late 90s. The tan outline around the crest looks fantastic on the black jersey.

330zl3b.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will next year, 6 to 12 times, and you'll realize how badly the crest needs its tan outline back.

I was just thinking about that today when I dug out my Alexei Zhamnov jersey from the late 90s. The tan outline around the crest looks fantastic on the black jersey.

The tan-bordered crest is my favorite. I wish they'd bring that back, such a great look.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

ew no stop we've got it all figured out thank you.

the old non-smiling Indian head with the outline should be back, though, whether on white, red, or even black:

33Sp5.jpg

This is the version on the United Center facade, I'm pretty sure.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It is a name, and has nothing to do with actual colour. It's like the "blues", that name has nothing to do with colour, yet people on here freak out, when someone makes a concept that is not blue.

the old non-smiling Indian head with the outline should be back, though, whether on white, red, or even black:

33Sp5.jpg

For lack of a better image, I loved this look.

waynegarthhawks600.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I agree.

I am in LOVE with the Blackhawks red. I hold the opinion that it is the best jersey in all of professional sports. But like Morgo, I find the white to be so damn dull. The red is vibrant and bold. The white is bland. And it's not even stark black/white contrast like the Kings road (which I really like as well). The little bit of red and then the tan of the logo just kinda blow it all down for whatever reason to me. Almost like they meld into the white, but pop on the red.

Kinda odd, I guess.

I feel the same way. The white jersey needs a bit more red in it, but how do you do it without ruining the look they've had for almost 60 years?

I don't mind the road whites. They have just the right amount of everything, IMHO.

twitter

The only change I'd make to Chicago's road whites would be to change the numbers to red with a black outline. As it is now, I think there's too much black, especially compared with how dominant the red is on the homes. Unpopular opinion, perhaps, but I've always thought that simple change could work wonders (and keep in mind, I'm of the camp that believes the Blackhawks are one of the best looking teams in sports as it is).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't mind the emphasis on black with white. It matches the pants better. If the numbers were red, they might look like a team that just buys black shorts because it's easier. Besides, use red numbers and you're getting too Detroity for comfort.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the Blackhawks red uniform is the best in the league but the white falls in the middle of the pack. That being said, I don't think they should change it because I don't think there's really any room for improvement. Red numbers would look bad. Using the same striping that's on the red would look worse. So we just have to take it as it is and that's an above average white uniform that's paired with a great home. This year is the Hawks best uniform set. Next year we have to deal with the black alt again that just takes up games that we could be seeing them in red instead.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

33Sp5.jpg

For lack of a better image, I loved this look.

waynegarthhawks600.jpg

game on!

car!

game on!

I don't mind the emphasis on black with white. It matches the pants better. If the numbers were red, they might look like a team that just buys black shorts because it's easier. Besides, use red numbers and you're getting too Detroity for comfort.

I understand the thought, but I don't think it'd inch that close at all to Detroit. Changing the only the numbers to red would still leave a great deal of black on the uniform as a whole and I don't think such a change would be too radical. Just my humble opinion, though.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I understand the thought, but I don't think it'd inch that close at all to Detroit. Changing the only the numbers to red would still leave a great deal of black on the uniform as a whole and I don't think such a change would be too radical. Just my humble opinion, though.

For me Detroit is not the issue, it's New Jersey. If we have to live with another traditionally red and black team Hawks brass probably wants the aways to distinguish themselves as much as possible. I agree the current aways could stand to be spruced up a bit but so far they get the job done and don't look half as bad as most other jerseys in the league

Midway.png

It is a name, and has nothing to do with actual colour. It's like the "blues", that name has nothing to do with colour, yet people on here freak out, when someone makes a concept that is not blue.

+1, of all the viewpoints posted on this site, that has to be among the most asinine. Just like the Blue Jackets can't have a red alternate cause they use the name blue <_<

+1, of all the viewpoints posted on this site, that has to be among the most asinine. Just like the Blue Jackets can't have a red alternate cause they use the name blue <_<

Well, to be fair, the Blue Jackets' name is referential to the blue uniforms worn by civil war soldiers from the north, so I can understand the viewpoint that the Blue Jackets can't have a red alternate. But Blackhawks, because they're named after the Sauk Tribe leader Black Hawk, and Blues, because they're named after the genre of music, are different.

spacer.png

Different story altogether.

The Blue Jackets are named after the Union soldiers from the Civil War. Wearing a red alternate would seem akin to them honoring the Red Coats from across the pond.

Not that it couldn't look good aesthetically, and yes the Patriots did the same thing for much of their history (which is even worse, since their name is obviously an illusion to the Revolutionary War), but logically, red wouldn't flow with what the Blue Jackets represent, which is an homage to America.

If anything, I would've thought that the Blues wearing yellow jerseys would've been a good example for rebuffing the aforementioned notion.

Carry on.

spacer.png

The Blue Jackets are named after the Union soldiers from the Civil War. Wearing a red alternate would seem akin to them honoring the Red Coats from across the pond.

Not that it couldn't look good aesthetically, and yes the Patriots did the same thing for much of their history (which is even worse, since their name is obviously an illusion to the Revolutionary War), but logically, red wouldn't flow with what the Blue Jackets represent, which is an homage to America.

If anything, I would've thought that the Blues wearing yellow jerseys would've been a good example for rebuffing the aforementioned notion.

Carry on.

Except that the British didn't have anything to do with the Civil War so the Jackets wearing red wouldn't be quite like when the Patriots did. A better example would be the Blue Jackets wearing gray.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

While I certainly think they could wear a different color (*), it's not like the name Blues has no attachment to the color. Sure they're named after a song which is named after a kind of music, but why do you think that music was named Blues? There's still a direct lineage to the color blue. Having a color scheme that wasn't primarily blue would be silly for them.

But as I said in my first sentence, that doesn't mean they couldn't have an alternate uniform in a different color. Alternates should basically always get a little extra leeway for that sort of thing. Now, that said, as long as the Blues use two shades of blue, I think their best look is to use one as the primary and one as the alternate. Yellow is just a more difficult color to pull off, and aside from practice jerseys, they have no history with uniforms of that color.

Carry on.

Except that the British didn't have anything to do with the Civil War so the Jackets wearing red wouldn't be quite like when the Patriots did. A better example would be the Blue Jackets wearing gray.

Yes, but gray isn't in their scheme and there are no gray jerseys found in the NHL (for a damn good reason, too). It's just the idea of a militarily-themed name and the iconic color the British military. I have a hard time envisioning the Blue Jackets wearing a color other than, well, blue.

spacer.png

You grammar, good. I still stand by what I said. Lol I like trolls, because it makes me feel better about myself, that I have a life, and don't have the time to insult people behind a keyboard :).

Archived