NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

i find it funny about how many people in philly have hated on the flyers winter classic jersey yet when you watch a game you can see atleast 3-4 people at any time in any crowd shot

How do you know how many people in Philly have hated on the WC jersey? I've hated on it, but I don't pretend to represent the fan base as a whole (especially since I'm at most a casual fan.) Some fans I know don't like it, but most just don't care, and like Oddball said, just care that it has the crest on it. I certainly haven't seen widespread hating of it other than from me (though I don't go on dumb fan boards or anything so I have no idea what's going on there.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i find it funny about how many people in philly have hated on the flyers winter classic jersey yet when you watch a game you can see atleast 3-4 people at any time in any crowd shot

That doesn't mean it's good. That means that people will buy any crap from their team. Heck, just think about all those people who bought the Buffaloslug crap. It was one of the best selling jerseys.

Same thing with the new Lightning gear being sold. Most casual fans will buy anything new. It's stupid.

This isn't counting the jersey for the Lightning, as I'd say 75% at least you see at the games are the ones given to fans by the team.

2ly2w09.jpg

How do you know how many people in Philly have hated on the WC jersey? I've hated on it, but I don't pretend to represent the fan base as a whole (especially since I'm at most a casual fan.) Some fans I know don't like it, but most just don't care, and like Oddball said, just care that it has the crest on it. I certainly haven't seen widespread hating of it other than from me (though I don't go on dumb fan boards or anything so I have no idea what's going on there.)

i go to atleast one game a week when they are home and ive talked to alot of people, thats y im saying alot of people hate on it, im one of the few who like it and want to see it be the 3rd jersey next year

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Let the teams do whatever they want, season to season. No changing mid-season thanks.

Letting teams choose night-to-night would be a serious pain in the ass for equipment managers. On road trips teams might have to bring two sets of lids, sweaters, socks and maybe even shells depending on the opponents' preferences.

Not night to night. Let each team pick their home jersey. It could all be planned out well ahead of time.

it would still be a pain because teams might be forced to bring multiple sets. That would also require more coordination between teams and could lead to uniform mess-ups.

Imagine a five-game roadie where a team would visit two dark-at-home and three white-at-home teams. Those teams would all have to get together just to accomodate each other, along with everybody else on the schedule. That's a real pain.

Equipment managers are good folks and don't deserve that heartache.

Let the teams do whatever they want, season to season. No changing mid-season thanks.

Letting teams choose night-to-night would be a serious pain in the ass for equipment managers. On road trips teams might have to bring two sets of lids, sweaters, socks and maybe even shells depending on the opponents' preferences.

Not night to night. Let each team pick their home jersey. It could all be planned out well ahead of time.

it would still be a pain because teams might be forced to bring multiple sets. That would also require more coordination between teams and could lead to uniform mess-ups.

Imagine a five-game roadie where a team would visit two dark-at-home and three white-at-home teams. Those teams would all have to get together just to accomodate each other, along with everybody else on the schedule. That's a real pain.

Each game they wear new jerseys anyways,they have no where to wash jerseys on the road. More coordination yes, but that is really it. My point is, that it's the best solution. I agree with equipment managers being good guys, but it would not be that much more just to higher one or two more.

Each game they wear new jerseys anyways,they have no where to wash jerseys on the road. More coordination yes, but that is really it. My point is, that it's the best solution. I agree with equipment managers being good guys, but it would not be that much more just to higher one or two more.

Wait, they don't have anywhere to wash the jerseys on the road? This isn't 1910s MLB, I'm pretty sure teams can do their laundry without much problem these days. Reebok just doesn't give teams 82 sets of jerseys for the season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

i go to atleast one game a week when they are home and ive talked to alot of people, thats y im saying alot of people hate on it, im one of the few who like it and want to see it be the 3rd jersey next year

Fair enough, but my experience (I don't go to one game / week but I do go to the occasional game) has been that most just don't really care. I think the number of obvious fakes you see at the games goes to show the point that average Flyers fans don't really pay attention to the jerseys - as long as it has the winged P they'll buy it (but not the 3d winged P - that thing sucked!)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NHL teams in a slumping economy are going to hire one or two more equipment managers just to make sure they can choose which color of jersey they wear?

Equipment managers are extremely busy people. The last thing they'd need is one more thing to do --- especially something this logistical and superfluous. An equipment manager's top job is making sure his guys are safe and protected, not coordinating between jerseys for a trip to Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Trust me, letting teams choose white or dark at home wouldn't work.

I actually think you're wrong there; they re-wear jerseys NUMEROUS times. And they do have access to laudry rooms in opposing arenas.

jets5.gif

Someone had posted on the official Jets Facebook page that this uniform (dark jersey, 1977-78) was Mark Chipman's top choice for an alternate. Of course this could easily be just a rumor but you never know.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I doubt it. If they do it Jets 1.0-inspired, I highly doubt they'd do a straight throwback to that outdated logo (or the jerseys, for that matter). And it would make zero sense for them to use a jersey with completely different shades of blue/red. I also doubt they'd make red that significant of a colour with it only appearing on the logo as a maple leaf.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I never said they wouldn't go with the old colours, I said I wouldn't like it/think it would be very logical. I said they probably wouldn't do a 100% throwback without changing anything. Think the Bruins/Canucks with their third jerseys.

You fail to take into account just how rabid the locals are for any kind of return to the old stuff. If TNSE's research shows that people want the stuff, they're gonna follow the trail.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

This, of course, is the humble opinion of a Toronto boy who has never set foot in Manitoba or even watched the original Jets. If the fans want it, they should do it. My above posts were just from my personal opinion regarding how I like teams to do their colour schemes and not were specific to Winnipeg.

Anyways, are the Panthers gonna get a new alt to replace their Penguins knockoff double-blue? I can't see them ditching the navy former home just to use it (or something like it) as their alt next year, like they did in the 90s. And I don't think they'd do another fauxback after ditching this one. I also think I just answered my own question...

The Blackhawks red jerseys are among the best in league... the white ones are among the worst. It will never happen but I wish they would make some adjustments to them. There is simply not enough red.

Among the worst? Seriously? I mean, different strokes for different folks and all that but I honestly can't imagine how you think they're one of the worst jerseys in the league.

330zl3b.png

The Blackhawks red jerseys are among the best in league... the white ones are among the worst. It will never happen but I wish they would make some adjustments to them. There is simply not enough red.

Among the worst? Seriously? I mean, different strokes for different folks and all that but I honestly can't imagine how you think they're one of the worst jerseys in the league.

I find them to be very dull. The striping doesn't match the home jersey and the little red that is on there gets lost making it look black and white. Also while the logo looks great on the red jersey it looks vastly inferior on white. Not much that can be done about it but still

I agree.

I am in LOVE with the Blackhawks red. I hold the opinion that it is the best jersey in all of professional sports. But like Morgo, I find the white to be so damn dull. The red is vibrant and bold. The white is bland. And it's not even stark black/white contrast like the Kings road (which I really like as well). The little bit of red and then the tan of the logo just kinda blow it all down for whatever reason to me. Almost like they meld into the white, but pop on the red.

Kinda odd, I guess.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'd like to see the BLACKhawks in BLACK at home.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'd like to see the BLACKhawks in BLACK at home.

You will next year, 6 to 12 times, and you'll realize how badly the crest needs its tan outline back.

I know I'm in quite the minority, but I've always preferred the white jersey to the red. I like the striping better and like the look of the sleeve cuffs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived