NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

The Columbus thirds are by far their best jersey to date. Sure the colour scheme doesn't fit with the rest, but I'd rather they gravitate towards those colours than continue to be another red, white and blue team. They should ditch the whole Ohio flag aspect of the logo/uniforms. The flag is ugly to begin with, and their attempt to brand it as Ohio's team has failed entirely. Focus on the historical significance of the Blue Jackets name rather than the State. Just get rid of the roundel, have a larger cannon on its own, change the name and number font and they have a winner. Then simply reverse it for the away jersey. I don't see why some people have an issue with the lace up collar and vintage white, both look sharp, but those can easily be changed as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tampa-bay-lightning-ciccarelli-lecavalier.jpg

Count me in the camp of those who LOVED the original blue jerseys.

Most see a mess, which is true. But I loved the fact that it imitated a lightning storm on the open seas. If nothing else, it played directly into their theme.

That original blue jersey could've been worse, but it's still terrible. Reminds me too much of what a lot of UK-based ice hockey teams still do today. Meanwhile the current alternate is probably the best they've ever worn, and only because its the best use of their colour scheme to date. The current regular set's a nice idea and I kinda like them, but I can see why some would hate it. Maybe they overdid the "simple and iconic" idea.

I hate to self plug, but what would Lightning fans think of something like this?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

That original blue jersey could've been worse, but it's still terrible. Reminds me too much of what a lot of UK-based ice hockey teams still do today. Meanwhile the current alternate is probably the best they've ever worn, and only because its the best use of their colour scheme to date. The current regular set's a nice idea and I kinda like them, but I can see why some would hate it. Maybe they overdid the "simple and iconic" idea.

I hate to self plug, but what would Lightning fans think of something like this?

Or, for that matter, this (even if Wildwing's is cleaner)? </self plug>

I think the Lightning would have been better off taking their entire current look and doing it in black instead of blue. Go straight black/white. But I guess that's starting to get into LA Kings territory...

Sounds crazy but I actually agree that they'd probably be better off using that as a starting point. Add some blue to that and that would be awesome. I really think they need black in their look in a big way.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I agree their current 3rd's are the best by far. By my post I meant to ditch the C-Star logo. Columbus' primary logo should be (and ever since it was made) the kepi hat logo inside the circle.

Well I don't know about that. But if the Blue Jackets ever feel the need to get themselves a new primary logo, they have a TON of really good unused designs to choose from. It's crazy just how many there are...

CLM%28ProConceptLogo%29.png

0127-cbj-3rdconcepts.jpg

They're all really quite good... not sure if any of them work as a primary logo though (apart from the circle logo on the far right).

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I was more referring to replacing the black with white/red and having the piping be blue on the inside and red/white on the outside. Heck, swapping it with navy would work.

True - even on the current ones making the portion between the piping on the navy jersey white or red would liven it up quite a bit.

I actually hope Columbus keeps their red pants. It adds contrast and 'pop' to an otherwise bland uniform.

Not to mention they're the only team in the league that wears pants that are a lighter colour than the rest of their uniform. It's a unique feature that adds a bit of identity.

Watched a Rangers game lately?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had a chance to talk to Aaron Johnson on the Jackets, and he said that the team hates the red pants. That's actually one of the big reasons why they love the third jerseys so much. I think it would be ok if those disappear, New York, Detroit, and Carolina can have 'em. That's enough red. (sorry if I missed any teams)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I actually hope Columbus keeps their red pants. It adds contrast and 'pop' to an otherwise bland uniform.

Not to mention they're the only team in the league that wears pants that are a lighter colour than the rest of their uniform. It's a unique feature that adds a bit of identity.

i dunno if i'd classify royal blue as darker than red... i'd say their red and blue are pretty close to the same level of "lightness"

not nearly as stark as the navy blue and red that the beejers use.

i dunno if i'd classify royal blue as darker than red... i'd say their red and blue are pretty close to the same level of "lightness"

not nearly as stark as the navy blue and red that the beejers use.

Ahem.

111336838_display_image.jpg?1310945791

No pants for Phoenix, or are we resigned to the fact that they'll be in green and gold in a year or so?

Seattle

Yes.

they're not the supersonics

They could be, Seattle retained the rights to the name, not the NBA or the Thunder. Who says they have to wait for another basketball team to use the name the city owns???

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I had a chance to talk to Aaron Johnson on the Jackets, and he said that the team hates the red pants. That's actually one of the big reasons why they love the third jerseys so much. I think it would be ok if those disappear, New York, Detroit, and Carolina can have 'em. That's enough red. (sorry if I missed any teams)

No idea why they do. They've been there from the get go of the franchise. Mono navy is so drab and boring, but I've actually felt that they were going to do that in the near future for some reason. I love the jackets identity, but that's probably just because i'm a Columbus kid. .

Manchester-City-icon.png

Archived