NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

The Jackets need to ditch everything they have known and start from scratch. Maybe a new look and new roster next year could lead to better things. ...although that would not take much.

Team needs it's own identity. Maybe start by ditching the Blue Jackets name altogether and going with something else.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jackets need to ditch everything they have known and start from scratch. Maybe a new look and new roster next year could lead to better things. ...although that would not take much.

Team needs it's own identity. Maybe start by ditching the Blue Jackets name altogether and going with something else.

Ditching their identity to get their own identity? Eh.

This team has a visual identity, and it's pretty nice. They could be the best dressed team in the league (they're not), but nobody is going to watch them if they suck. A new roster is all they need.

Oh, and ditch that alternate.

I totally disagree. The thing that was so beautiful about the North Stars' uniforms was their kelly green and gold. The added black to their whites in '81 and to their greens in '88 had ruined what was a nice clean and distinctive look. It eventually led to the ugly generic black uniforms during the Norm "Greed" ownership. Same thing with the Flames. I HOPE they go retro full-time. Enough with the BFBS. I wouldn't mind the Flames' '04 look as a third, though. I remember when the North Stars played the Flames in the '81 semis: green, white, and gold vs red, white, and gold. Great uniform matchup as well as the players who wore them. However, hockey needs more vivid colour and more simplicity in their teams' uniforms. Leave red uniforms with black to only the Blackhawks and Hurricanes.

Apologize for the double post. Deleting a repeated post unavailable. Sorry folks!

You can just edit one of the posts, remove all the text and replace it with "doublepost".

spacer.png

Going to Jackets games, and even getting to talk to one of the players, everybody loves that alternate. I don't exactly know why, and I hear all the hate for it on here, but they're bonkers over it. It already outnumbers all of the other jerseys at Nationwide Arena every time. If anything, it's different, and I think the team should pick up that cannon logo and the hat shoulder patch, and move on to something new, because their current identity is muddled at best

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I love the Columbus alt...

I think a :censored:-ton of the hate is that it had a circle logo and a "lighter" blue (along with the hated Vintage white, which i don't mind at all)... and considering the hate the Panthers got for basically ripping off the Penguins look, it was a knee-jerk reaction to do the same with Columbus.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think a :censored:-ton of the hate is that it had a circle logo and a "lighter" blue (along with the hated Vintage white, which i don't mind at all)... and considering the hate the Panthers got for basically ripping off the Penguins look, it was a knee-jerk reaction to do the same with Columbus.

Yeah, that could be the reason behind the dislike for the jersey. It's a beautiful jersey and infinitely better than the Panthers rip-off of the Penguins (although the new panther head was nice). I don't even mind the number font.

Yeah, that could be the reason behind the dislike for the jersey. It's a beautiful jersey and infinitely better than the Panthers rip-off of the Penguins (although the new panther head was nice). I don't even mind the number font.

the alternate columbus has is a beauty. the logo should be the primary, with a few minor tweaks.stinger should make a comback as well as keeping the star/flag logo on the shoulders.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Tampa Bay eventually makes a switch back to their 2010 jerseys in the next couple years. This team needs the colour black in its identity.

I wish. But that assclown Vinik and Mr. Throwback Stevie Y created this mess on purpose. They wanted their own mark, and changed something that wasn't needed to be changed.

One game away from the Cup Finals with the previous look. New look fails just like the team is. For those who connect jersey/logos with winning and losing.

It pains me to say, but this isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And the fact they added black around the damn numbers to appease the fans, most of them, who wanted black in there? Pathetic attempt. Oh boy, they sure listen to the fans. Yeah, those black lines are really something stellar.

2ly2w09.jpg

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Tampa Bay eventually makes a switch back to their 2010 jerseys in the next couple years. This team needs the colour black in its identity.

I wish. But that assclown Vinik and Mr. Throwback Stevie Y created this mess on purpose. They wanted their own mark, and changed something that wasn't needed to be changed.

One game away from the Cup Finals with the previous look. New look fails just like the team is. For those who connect jersey/logos with winning and losing.

It pains me to say, but this isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And the fact they added black around the damn numbers to appease the fans, most of them, who wanted black in there? Pathetic attempt. Oh boy, they sure listen to the fans. Yeah, those black lines are really something stellar.

They black they added ruined the look of the uniform. Listening to the fans in this case, like in most cases, ended in disaster.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Agreed. Even with it's many flaws (Circle Logo, Vintage White) it is still the best jersey Columbus has ever worn. The current Primaries are embarassingly simplistic. The Home in particular just has thin double piping running up the arms and exacerbating that awful scooped hemline. They should take the third jersey, replace vintage white with regular white, replace the light blue with red and replace the Canon Logo with their primary.

If we're gonna connect jerseys and logos with winning and losing, why not bring back the 2004 set then, since you know...they actually WON a cup with them. And the look from last year that they went to gm7 of the ECF with? Let's not forget that they went through 3 years of losing hockey before "the assclown" came in.

2IA3b.png

the alternate columbus has is a beauty. the logo should be the primary, with a few minor tweaks.stinger should make a comback as well as keeping the star/flag logo on the shoulders.

Stinger should never make a comeback. I was not familiar with the blue jackets soldiers, and until a few years ago, I thought blue jackets were a type of bee (like yellow jackets) due to that logo. That logo's existence is more identity-muddling than the Rays using a sun ray and devil ray at the same time. At least a devilray actually exists as an animal.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think they nailed it with the primary logo (Edge) because it was a lot "fiercer" than the old ones. However, the jerseys were a fill-tool mess, and of course had those horrible front numbers. Put the Edge logo on the Cup jerseys and you've got a tremendous set.

For the Flames, if they went North Stars, I'd be happy. I think habsfan1's concept is great, but if they added black to contrast their bold 80s colours in the same way the North Stars did, it's look good (because a lot of people seem to think they'd be too garish/bright full-time).

NorthStars17.png

I totally disagree. The thing that was so beautiful about the North Stars' uniforms was their kelly green and gold. The added black to their whites in '81 and to their greens in '88 had ruined what was a nice clean and distinctive look. It eventually led to the ugly generic black uniforms during the Norm "Greed" ownership. Same thing with the Flames. I HOPE they go retro full-time. Enough with the BFBS. I wouldn't mind the Flames' '04 look as a third, though. I remember when the North Stars played the Flames in the '81 semis: green, white, and gold vs red, white, and gold. Great uniform matchup as well as the players who wore them. However, hockey needs more vivid colour and more simplicity in their teams' uniforms. Leave red uniforms with black to only the Blackhawks and Hurricanes.

Don't get me wrong; I love both the North Stars and the Flames' 80s jerseys. I way saying the because I still think the jerseys looked good with a bit of black and that the Flames would too, since a lot of people don't like the idea of going full-80s colours.

Regarding Columbus, I hate it for the obvious reasons (vintage white, roundel, original 6 dress-up, the font), but take those away and it's still a bad jersey. They randomly added a new colour and took away their secondary colour completely. I do, however, like the canon and the star, and think a good logo could be made from that.

If they ditched the black and laces, this would make a fantastic primary:

gnebqs4ipvd0pnf1v2elalxf7.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Regarding Columbus, I hate it for the obvious reasons (vintage white, roundel, original 6 dress-up, the font), but take those away and it's still a bad jersey. They randomly added a new colour and took away their secondary colour completely. I do, however, like the canon and the star, and think a good logo could be made from that.

If they ditched the black and laces, this would make a fantastic primary:

gnebqs4ipvd0pnf1v2elalxf7.gif

Which is kind of what they did - in an Edge template of course:

BlueJackets06.png

In the translation (and to keep it somewhat like the original primaries) they lost the 3 large stars on the sleeves in favor of a small star at the cuff and moved the trim down to the hem instead of keeping some kind of full striping.

I was more referring to replacing the black with white/red and having the piping be blue on the inside and red/white on the outside. Heck, swapping it with navy would work.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

In the translation (and to keep it somewhat like the original primaries) they lost the 3 large stars on the sleeves in favor of a small star at the cuff and moved the trim down to the hem instead of keeping some kind of full striping.

Translation = they sucked the character out of it.

Archived