NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

I would accept it if the Bolts did it though, because nothing is worse than their current look.

Man, have you got a short memory.

steve-stamkos-tampa-bay-lightning-nhl.jpg

No, I don't. I actually liked those.

I'm sorry you fancy the new pieces of crap they wear onto the ice this season. But it is hands down the worst look in the league and in the teams history.

I liked that look, RedSox. I thought they were great.

The current look of the Lightning is bland, unoriginal, uninspired, and generally speaking just a pathetic attempt. It still looks like the jerseys and logo aren't finished yet. The only reason it looks like so many people wear them is because they gave the new jersey out for season ticket holders. Otherwise there wouldn't be that much crappiness to look at. It's like a cult, they are forcing the rebrand and making it show up everywhere.

Vinik, Stevie, and Leiweke can all kiss the fattest part of my ass for ruining my teams identity.

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never see the appeal of the previous Lightning sets. The pre-Edge was my least favorite uniform set in the league and the black Edge jerseys weren't much better. Neither of the old logos were very good either. You can call these jerseys rip-offs if you want (I personally don't have a problem with them) but the design is far better than either of their past looks. The current set isn't perfect but it's still miles ahead of the old stuff. I think the alternate is the best jersey they've worn because of the fact that it at least used silver. Black, silver, and a bold third color is a great color combination if the colors are used somewhat evenly.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think they nailed it with the primary logo (Edge) because it was a lot "fiercer" than the old ones. However, the jerseys were a fill-tool mess, and of course had those horrible front numbers. Put the Edge logo on the Cup jerseys and you've got a tremendous set.

For the Flames, if they went North Stars, I'd be happy. I think habsfan1's concept is great, but if they added black to contrast their bold 80s colours in the same way the North Stars did, it's look good (because a lot of people seem to think they'd be too garish/bright full-time).

NorthStars17.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

When considered by themselves, the previous set sucks.

When compared with the current set, it is miles better.

That's the best way I can think of it.

So it's the same as comparing the attractiveness of Waffle House waitresses. Got it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

But it is hands down the worst look in the league and in the teams history.

Wow, no, you might not like them, but this is just not true. I realize "uniform opinions are subjective!!!" but that statement is just outlandish.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

When considered by themselves, the previous set sucks.

When compared with the current set, it is miles better.

That's the best way I can think of it.

So it's the same as comparing the attractiveness of Waffle House waitresses. Got it.

Drunk at 3am, this is a worth-while debate...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The previous lightning set was atrocious. Whoever thought navy on black without anything to break them up or to provide contrast was a good idea should have his head examined.

The only good thing that came out of the previous set was the blue jersey over black pants. That is what Tampa should be going for again, plain and simple.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The previous lightning set was atrocious. Whoever thought navy on black without anything to break them up or to provide contrast was a good idea should have his head examined.

The only good thing that came out of the previous set was the blue jersey over black pants. That is what Tampa should be going for again, plain and simple.

With a cleaned up blue jersey, I completely agree.

Because the alt blue is also pretty bad, by itself. Just not as bad as the old smocks, or the new Detroit Leafs duds.

spacer.png

The alt blue is fine, it just needs a proper logo in the front instead of the diagonal DOLTS going across. If anything that with the shoulder logo should have been the new primary with a road white to match.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wow, no, you might not like them, but this is just not true. I realize "uniform opinions are subjective!!!" but that statement is just outlandish.

I disagree. I think it is the worst look in the league. It's a copied, plain, bull :censored: design.

And compared to the only other 2 looks in the team history, it is by far the worst.

Oh, and it wasn't navy blue...they've never had navy blue on their uniforms. The Yankees have navy blue. The Lightning have never had that shade.

2ly2w09.jpg

Icethetics has released it's 2012-13 jersey watch. So far it's just rumours but the Chris has always been pretty close in the past so they deserve to be looked at.

Buffalo Sabres: New Alternate

The Sabres current alternate is only being worn for 8 games which lends further credence to Chris' source. He seems to think it will be a primarily black jersey with a design similar to the black ice series. Personally I think this would be a huge mistake on the Sabres part. The current alternate jersey is one of the best in the league and the Sabres do not need to jump on the BFBS wagon.

Chicago Blackhawks: New Alternate

According to another one of Chris' sources the Black jersey from 2008 is going to make a return. I think it's a sharp jersey and wouldn't mind seeing it back at all.

Dallas Stars: New Alternate

Perhaps the shelved Kelly Green jersey from last year will see the light of day after all... I really hope so.

Edmonton Oilers: Alternate scrapped

In perhaps the best news of the entire post, the Oilers will be putting the Navy, half striped alternate to a merciful end closing a dark chapter in the franchise's jersey history.

Tampa Bay Lightning: New alternate.

According to Chris, the awful "Bolts" jersey will see it's end and be replaced with a primarily black uniform. Hopefully it's a throwback to the cup jersey with updated logos but who knows at this point.

Winnipeg Jets: New alternate

We all knew this was coming. The Jets will cash in on the throwback trend and bring back one of their uninspired jerseys from the old team.

Buffalo: NO! No black! the alt you guys have now is a beauty. keep it.

Chicago: saw this one coming.

Dallas: NS inspired i hope

Edmonton: Orange jersey???

Tampa Bay: hopefully a throwback jersey for the 20th anniversary

Winnipeg: throwback to the 80"s and Moose. nuff said.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I disagree. I think it is the worst look in the league. It's a copied, plain, bull :censored: design.

And compared to the only other 2 looks in the team history, it is by far the worst.

Oh, and it wasn't navy blue...they've never had navy blue on their uniforms. The Yankees have navy blue. The Lightning have never had that shade.

So these are copied and plain but the uniforms they wore last year (which were the exact same template as the Penguins and Senators) aren't. I think those were even more plain. You couldn't tell the difference between the blue and black so the whole thing looked like a plain dark jersey. And the original jerseys (shoulder yoke, traditional striping) wasn't exactly the most unique thing out there.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They should really work in some electric or highlighter yellow in there to break up the drearyness. I'd absolutely hate to watch that team in those uniforms every day. The blue is better than the black, but still far from good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

martin-st-louis.jpgdave_andreychuk_photofile.jpg

clip art logo on a really really generic jersey with nothing to really set it apart (ooh, wow, shoulder yokes ...and what else? That's it. ah.)

t_30899.jpg

more clip-art-ish logo on a jersey with FEWER defining features (oh, there's blue on the sleeves...no it's there, it just blends in. Oh forget it)

Martin-St.-Louis.jpg

Nobody here has decided what exactly that logo copied, but everybody has at least 3 theories on logos that look nearly identical. Otherwise, not sure if they're the Toronto Maple Leafs or a bubble hockey team.

And then when they tried to stray from GENERIC TEAM NO. 03, we got these:

tampa-bay-lightning-ciccarelli-lecavalier.jpg

Let's face it here people, this is a team that has never really looked good, and never really figured out what makes them unique. They're generic. They always have been, they always will be, because every time they stray from that, it's a mess. They're going to continue being bland and generic.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If they made the pants black and added a thin black stripe to the sleeve/collar, I think the bolts would be fine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Lightning never used Navy Blue but I do understand your point about the contrast issue. As terrible as the templated jersey was, I thought the logos were really sharp. They should have kept them and applied them to a blue jersey with white and black accents.

Archived