NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a perfect world the Sens switch the vintage white on the third to regular white, make it the home, make a matching white away and go full barberpole with their new alternate. While I'm pretty sure this won't happen quite yet I wouldn't be surprised if it happens eventually. The heritage jersey has been a big hit in Ottawa and while I don't mind some modern designs I think all Canadian teams should sport classic sweaters.

Navy and copper > vintage junk the Oilers wear now. Were the jerseys designed in a horrible manner? Yes, but that color combination is vastly superior. I know it's an unpopular opinion but the current look is just garish.

I'll second this opinion. The 06 Stanley Cup run jerseys are superior to what they're wearing now (although, admittedly, not by much). The only thing about that era that I didn't like was the kind of unnecessary shoehorning in of the red trim, but other than that if that design were brought back I would not be unhappy at all.

330zl3b.png

Sabres- No way in hell would they replace their amazing third with a BLACK jersey. Not with Pegula in charge.

Hawks- Good to hear that the old third is staging a comeback.

Stars- I'd like to see that green jersey be introduced for next year. The Stars are desperate.

Oilers- Good riddance!

Bolts- Wouldn't want to see the third go. Add some more black to the home and roads though.

Jets- They should take the 1990-96 blue jersey, add some silver trim, put the current logo on the shoulder and you got a winner. An RCAF Flyers inspired jersey or a grey jersey would also fly. (no pun intended)

I think you forgot about the Panthers. And hopefully the Flames and Pens will drop their home and roads. I'm also praying on my knees for the Canucks to drop the Orca.

Jets- They should take the 1990-96 blue jersey, add some silver trim, put the current logo on the shoulder and you got a winner. An RCAF Flyers inspired jersey or a grey jersey would also fly. (no pun intended).

Why though? it's not the same organization. Those jerseys belong to Phoenix (if not by trademark, then by history, if you get what I mean). I'm fine with the Sens flashing back to the old Senators because they're long gone, but it would feel wrong for them to wear that when the Jets organization is still around.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Maybe we will finally hear something about a possible caps 3rd jersey

This is wishful thinking; however, I hope the Caps scrap their current home and away jersey designs to something more traditional, as these uniforms are outdated.

Penguins' authentic home jerseys are on clearance on a certain site along with Oilers' navy alternate. Hmm...

Holy crap, please let their be a change in mind! Back to the pre-Edge, if they're smart.

That or bring back the Athletic Gold.

Navy and copper > vintage junk the Oilers wear now. Were the jerseys designed in a horrible manner? Yes, but that color combination is vastly superior. I know it's an unpopular opinion but the current look is just garish.

I'll second this opinion. The 06 Stanley Cup run jerseys are superior to what they're wearing now (although, admittedly, not by much). The only thing about that era that I didn't like was the kind of unnecessary shoehorning in of the red trim, but other than that if that design were brought back I would not be unhappy at all.

Those jerseys had a big problem. The copper looked fine in the logo applications because it was metallic (how copper should look). On the striping it appeared almost brown hence the need for the red outline around it.

Disappointed to see nothing from the Wild. Their uniform inconsistency bothers me. They need to pick one of them and design a jersey to compliment it. I prefer the current green alternate, but that's just me.

I get your point about the inconsistency, but when you have 3 pretty solid uniforms, it's not a huge problem for me. With that being said, I do think the home reds (which took a slight downgrade after the edge makeover) are in need of a change. They need to go back to green at home. The alt is fine, but I prefer a jersey with the logo. The road white IMO is one of the more underrated jerseys in sports. And the custom number is just too awesome to see go away.

Jets- They should take the 1990-96 blue jersey, add some silver trim, put the current logo on the shoulder and you got a winner. An RCAF Flyers inspired jersey or a grey jersey would also fly. (no pun intended).

Why though? it's not the same organization. Those jerseys belong to Phoenix (if not by trademark, then by history, if you get what I mean). I'm fine with the Sens flashing back to the old Senators because they're long gone, but it would feel wrong for them to wear that when the Jets organization is still around.

Those '90s sweaters were forgettable and not worth bringing back, but they could wear them if they wanted. Besides, like I keep saying, what do you do when the Coyotes move to Quebec City? Will you insist that the Nordiques honor the Jets?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Those '90s sweaters were forgettable and not worth bringing back, but they could wear them if they wanted. Besides, like I keep saying, what do you do when the Coyotes move to Quebec City? Will you insist that the Nordiques honor the Jets?

If they honour the numbers with banners/a ring of excellence (like I think they do now), I'd be all for it. Obviously not a huge celebration, but a small tip of the cap would be good. Why wouldn't they?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Oh god, DO NOT make this another "who really owns the 90s Jets Identity" argument! It's irrelevant to 98% of hockey fans, and the league will allow whatever is best for marketing, anyways. no sense in arguing it for a 50th time on this board!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You're not from around here are you?

I still say Winnipeg either needs to just go right back to 1972-73 or run with a light blue alternate of what they have now. There's enough red and blue in the world as it is, and neither NHL related set is really worth bringing back.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I really do like the idea of the Blackhawks having a black jersey to give them one jersey in all three of their dominant colors, but the problem with almost all black jerseys in the NHL is the dreary all-black aspect of it, with the breezers, socks, helmets, etc.

That's what makes the Blackhawks red jersey so fantastic. Contrasting colors that complement each other well.

spacer.png

I hear that the Flyers are supposed to make the Winter Classic jersey the third next year. It's a nice jersey (this is from a Penguins and Bruins fan) and it deserves to stay. One thing I don't understand is why the hem stripes don't match the arm stripes.

Apparently the hem stripes are a callback to the 80s sock striping when they switched to the new 80s-90s jersey design. This one, I think: http://nhluniforms.com/Flyers/Flyers08.html

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of their Winter Classic "faux-back." For what it's worth, it's better than that weird orange alternate they had back in the 2000s with the 3D logo.

If they honour the numbers with banners/a ring of excellence (like I think they do now), I'd be all for it. Obviously not a huge celebration, but a small tip of the cap would be good. Why wouldn't they?

Because nobody in Quebec is known to be clamoring for a claim to Bobby Hull.

Speaking of Hull, hey, let's not have a Blackhawks third. It'll just be ugly and redundant.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived