NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

No pants for Phoenix, or are we resigned to the fact that they'll be in green and gold in a year or so?

Seattle

Yes.

they're not the supersonics

They could be, Seattle retained the rights to the name, not the NBA or the Thunder. Who says they have to wait for another basketball team to use the name the city owns???

Well, apparently Seattle's very close to getting an NBA team back, too. Maybe the city wants to save the "SuperSonics" moniker for an NBA team?

Metropolitans or Thunderbirds would work for a Seattle NHL franchise.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a chance to talk to Aaron Johnson on the Jackets, and he said that the team hates the red pants. That's actually one of the big reasons why they love the third jerseys so much. I think it would be ok if those disappear, New York, Detroit, and Carolina can have 'em. That's enough red. (sorry if I missed any teams)

No idea why they do. They've been there from the get go of the franchise. Mono navy is so drab and boring, but I've actually felt that they were going to do that in the near future for some reason. I love the jackets identity, but that's probably just because i'm a Columbus kid. .

Mono in general is boring.

I don't think it's a coincidence at all that varied sweater/breezer uniforms tend to look the best. Or the Bruins with their yellow socks.

spacer.png

I just realized - even if the Leafs use some vintage white cheesy fauxback for the WC, they won't be allowed to use it as their full-time alt since they jut got a new one this year. boogie.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If Seattle ever got an NHL team they should go with primarily kelly green jerseys with black and white accents. How fresh and original would that scheme look? Dallas already have Green and Gold and if the rumours are true, they will be using it more prominently.

If Seattle ever got an NHL team they should go with primarily kelly green jerseys with black and white accents. How fresh and original would that scheme look? Dallas already have Green and Gold and if the rumours are true, they will be using it more prominently.

I had a fantasy hockey team years ago called the New England Knights with kelly green, black, silver and white. Colours look awesome together.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

I had a chance to talk to Aaron Johnson on the Jackets, and he said that the team hates the red pants. That's actually one of the big reasons why they love the third jerseys so much. I think it would be ok if those disappear, New York, Detroit, and Carolina can have 'em. That's enough red. (sorry if I missed any teams)

No idea why they do. They've been there from the get go of the franchise. Mono navy is so drab and boring, but I've actually felt that they were going to do that in the near future for some reason. I love the jackets identity, but that's probably just because i'm a Columbus kid. .

The road jersey looks like ass though with minimal red on the jersey but all red on the pants.

I honestly love the third jersey look. If there's any team that can do the retro/vintage look that isn't a retro/vintage team, it's the Jackets. They're named after people from the 1860s after all.

6fQjS3M.png

If Seattle gets a team in the next 3 years, they should capitalize on the massive lack of green in the league. No one uses it effectively. Minnesota's third is nice but I think they should use green as a primary, I mean being the 'Wild' and all. A Green-Black-Silver or storm grey would look beautiful for a Seattle team.

sig.png

i'm pretty sure by the time seattle gets a team, if they get a team, the stars will be full-time green again.

but i still think a green and silver look would work well up there, and be different enough to not cause a problem.

I actually hope Columbus keeps their red pants. It adds contrast and 'pop' to an otherwise bland uniform.

Not to mention they're the only team in the league that wears pants that are a lighter colour than the rest of their uniform. It's a unique feature that adds a bit of identity.

Watched a Rangers game lately?

i dunno if i'd classify royal blue as darker than red... i'd say their red and blue are pretty close to the same level of "lightness"

not nearly as stark as the navy blue and red that the beejers use.

And ahem.

111671255_display_image.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I had a fantasy hockey team years ago called the New England Knights with kelly green, black, silver and white. Colours look awesome together.

It's such a good scheme that it's mind boggling how no one is using it. The addition of Silver makes it even better

The road jersey looks like ass though with minimal red on the jersey but all red on the pants.

I honestly love the third jersey look. If there's any team that can do the retro/vintage look that isn't a retro/vintage team, it's the Jackets. They're named after people from the 1860s after all.

I agree. The road whites look really unbalanced with so much red on the pants and very little elsewhere.

I think this would look better, but I prefer the red pants with the home jersey.

bluepants.png

Maybe they could do a home and road pant like the old Colorado Rockies. Red with the blue jerseys, blue with the white jerseys.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nothing about the 1990-1996 Jets was "iconic." They looked positively rec-league and wouldn't have made it five more years without a drastic redesign. I'm so glad they're back, but let's not kid ourselves.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Nothing about the 1990-1996 Jets was "iconic." They looked positively rec-league and wouldn't have made it five more years without a drastic redesign. I'm so glad they're back, but let's not kid ourselves.

You've been here long enough to know people throw around the word "iconic" like it's their job. Iconic means "I like it." That's very 90's means "I think it sucks."

FWIW, I agree with you. Every uniform the original Jets had were bland, nothing special. What they have now isn't perfect but it's leaps and bounds ahead of what they used to have.

You've been here long enough to know people throw around the word "iconic" like it's their job. Iconic means "I like it." That's very 90's means "I think it sucks."

FWIW, I agree with you. Every uniform the original Jets had were bland, nothing special. What they have now isn't perfect but it's leaps and bounds ahead of what they used to have.

I think it's a bit too early to say that the current Jets unis are better than the old ones. I like both but the new look needs some time to establish itself.

I think it's a bit too early to say that the current Jets unis are better than the old ones. I like both but the new look needs some time to establish itself.

I disagree. Something is either better or it's not. Of course we'll have different opinions, but I'm not of the realm that if something is around longer that means its better. There was no character to the old jerseys, they were both filler tool-ish.

I'm seeing the Predators home jerseys for the first time today (aside from highlights), and wow, they are beautiful. Would be perfect without the :censored: piping, but still.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (*.5)

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived