NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

I agree.

I am in LOVE with the Blackhawks red. I hold the opinion that it is the best jersey in all of professional sports. But like Morgo, I find the white to be so damn dull. The red is vibrant and bold. The white is bland. And it's not even stark black/white contrast like the Kings road (which I really like as well). The little bit of red and then the tan of the logo just kinda blow it all down for whatever reason to me. Almost like they meld into the white, but pop on the red.

Kinda odd, I guess.

This.

The red sweater is the best jersey in the history of jerseys. It's gorgeous. The white, not so much. I mean it's a good design but it's not executed properly. More red never hurt anyone.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More red never hurt anyone.

clepowell810.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd like to see the BLACKhawks in BLACK at home.

It is a name, and has nothing to do with actual colour. It's like the "blues", that name has nothing to do with colour, yet people on here freak out, when someone makes a concept that is not blue.

+1, of all the viewpoints posted on this site, that has to be among the most asinine. Just like the Blue Jackets can't have a red alternate cause they use the name blue <_<

You grammar, good. I still stand by what I said. Lol I like trolls, because it makes me feel better about myself, that I have a life, and don't have the time to insult people behind a keyboard :).

I was agreeing with you. With YOUR viewpoint, that it is asinine to say teams with a colour in their name can only where said colour of jersey. Though thanks for labelling me a troll <_<

I think that laces should be reserved for Original Six teams, and that all Original Six teams should have them as almost a distinguishing factor.

Teams with laces: (teams that actually should in bold)

Boston (Original Six)

Buffalo

Calgary

Colorado Alt

Columbus Alt

Florida Alt

Minnesota

Islanders

Rangers (Original Six)

Ottawa Alt

Philadelphia WC

Phoenix

Pittsburgh Alt

St. Louis Alt

San Jose Alt

Tampa Bay

Toronto (Original Six)

Winnipeg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Different story altogether.

The Blue Jackets are named after the Union soldiers from the Civil War. Wearing a red alternate would seem akin to them honoring the Red Coats from across the pond.

Not that it couldn't look good aesthetically, and yes the Patriots did the same thing for much of their history (which is even worse, since their name is obviously an illusion to the Revolutionary War), but logically, red wouldn't flow with what the Blue Jackets represent, which is an homage to America.

If anything, I would've thought that the Blues wearing yellow jerseys would've been a good example for rebuffing the aforementioned notion.

Carry on.

Except that the British didn't have anything to do with the Civil War so the Jackets wearing red wouldn't be quite like when the Patriots did. A better example would be the Blue Jackets wearing gray.

Yes, but gray isn't in their scheme and there are no gray jerseys found in the NHL (for a damn good reason, too). It's just the idea of a militarily-themed name and the iconic color the British military. I have a hard time envisioning the Blue Jackets wearing a color other than, well, blue.

A grey jersey wouldn't be the end of the world. From the mothership:

http://sportslogos.n...o6iyuhfekc39yvh

I think that laces should be reserved for Original Six teams, and that all Original Six teams should have them as almost a distinguishing factor.

Teams with laces: (teams that actually should in bold)

Boston (Original Six)

Buffalo

Calgary

Colorado Alt

Columbus Alt

Florida Alt

Minnesota

Islanders

Rangers (Original Six)

Ottawa Alt

Philadelphia WC

Phoenix

Pittsburgh Alt

St. Louis Alt

San Jose Alt

Tampa Bay

Toronto (Original Six)

Winnipeg

I would also give the Islanders home and roads a pass since they are legit throwbacks.

IMO, if you wore laces when they were first in style, then go ahead:

photo-3600.jpg

binkley70.jpg

So these two teams (for example) get a pass in my book. TB, Florida, and CBJ..not so much.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Blackhawks should definitely have laces considering the first incarnation of their modern uniforms had them.

Blackhawks19.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think laces are one of those great things unique to a hockey sweater, like stirrups in baseball. It should be used by any team in a region with hockey history.

How could you begrudge laces from Minnesota when they've had professional hockey teams back to the early 1900s? Really, any kind of heritage deserves a chance at laces. Only teams trying for a very modern look should avoid them, because laceup collars scream old time hockey.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I don't think all original 6 teams merit having laces. The Blackhawks look great without the laces.

They DO need a 3rd, and I'm hoping it's a Hull-era throwback.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So another red jersey, then?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So another red jersey, then?

Something like this:

Chicago%20Blackhawks%2016%20Bobby%20Hull%201960-1961%20Red%20Throwback%20Jersey-4860.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Like with the Browns' throwbacks, it is not enough of a difference to warrant wearing it (at least regularly). The Indian is slightly different, the collar is solid black with laces, there is no number outline on the back and there is an extra set of arm stripes. Those are tiny differences, and the only reason for alternate jerseys is to sell them. The casual fan isn't going to run out to get a new Blackhawks alt because he weon't be able to tell it is an alt.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

And why have two red jerseys when there are only slight differences and the primary looks much better?

Touche, perhaps the best option is for them to not have an alternate.

I liked the Winter Classic alt, or rather, I like the idea of it. The Hawks have some great jerseys in their past, they should use some of them. Maybe not 15 games, make 5 special games against certain opponents or something. Barber poles forever!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived