NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

Blackhawks wore white at home vs. Toronto last night....wish that was the norm.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pass. It was weird, makes me appreciate the home red sweaters.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The main reason i don't like white at home is the "shirt tail" effect of the edge jersey. Take the bruins for example. On black jersey the "tail" is black. With black pants you can't really see it. With the white jersey the tail is white, and it looks silly when contrasted with the black pants. Is there a reason they couldn't make the tail black on the white jersey so that it would "disappear" against the black pants. I don't know anything about how they are made so maybe that is stupid but i wonder if that could solve the shirt tail problem for at least some teams, such as the bruins.

The main reason i don't like white at home is the "shirt tail" effect of the edge jersey. Take the bruins for example. On black jersey the "tail" is black. With black pants you can't really see it. With the white jersey the tail is white, and it looks silly when contrasted with the black pants. Is there a reason they couldn't make the tail black on the white jersey so that it would "disappear" against the black pants. I don't know anything about how they are made so maybe that is stupid but i wonder if that could solve the shirt tail problem for at least some teams, such as the bruins.

Now that most of RBK's awful ideas for hockey have gone by the wayside, the scooped shirt tail is one of the few remaining features distinguishing the jerseys from the old CCM 6100 series. I wish they would just get rid of this feature alltogether but it doesn't look like that will be happening.

On the 2012/13 front, I'm surprised nobody has seen the catalogue yet. When Chris (icethetics) did his jersey watch feature for 2012/13, he mentioned he was going off rumours and hadn't seen the catalogue

But so far, I haven't heard a peep about it this year. I could chalk it up to the fact that I've been out of the loop for about a month. But then I haven't seen it on any other websites yet either.

This leads me to believe we haven't scratched the surface on this and may be seeing more redesigns than the ones mentioned thus far.

Nothing about the 1990-1996 Jets was "iconic." They looked positively rec-league and wouldn't have made it five more years without a drastic redesign. I'm so glad they're back, but let's not kid ourselves.

You've been here long enough to know people throw around the word "iconic" like it's their job. Iconic means "I like it." That's very 90's means "I think it sucks."

FWIW, I agree with you. Every uniform the original Jets had were bland, nothing special. What they have now isn't perfect but it's leaps and bounds ahead of what they used to have.

I think it's a bit too early to say that the current Jets unis are better than the old ones. I like both but the new look needs some time to establish itself.

I disagree. Something is either better or it's not. Of course we'll have different opinions, but I'm not of the realm that if something is around longer that means its better. There was no character to the old jerseys, they were both filler tool-ish.

This. The Jets' original NHL jerseys were nothing more than discarded Rangers jerseys. The second set were basically knockoffs of the old Toronto Toros.

The new stuff isn't perfect, but the logo is finally something that isn't a wordmark, has a real secondary logo, unique sleeve striping, and like it or not, allows them to lay claim to be the NHL's "double blue" team. The new wordmark falls way short, but whatever. Miles ahead of the old stuff.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I love the home reds, but to me they should be wearing white at home and red on the road. I don't know why, I just infinitely prefer that look.

330zl3b.png

I love the home reds, but to me they should be wearing white at home and red on the road. I don't know why, I just infinitely prefer that look.

I just wish the NHL would have teams wear white at home before the ASG, then after the ASG wear dark. Then let teams choose in the playoffs.

I'm seeing the Predators home jerseys for the first time today (aside from highlights), and wow, they are beautiful. Would be perfect without the :censored: piping, but still.

(**) (**) (**) (**) (*.5)

Even with the piping it still looks awesome. At least they use it in a nice looking way unlike other teams (Colorado, Florida, Edmonton).

For Chicago, the red jerseys work better at home. Just let the teams choose which they want to wear. They bring a ton of jerseys on the road with them anyways, it would not be that much more work. So you have to hire ONE more equipment deal at most, big deal.

The Blackhawks red jerseys are among the best in league... the white ones are among the worst. It will never happen but I wish they would make some adjustments to them. There is simply not enough red.

For Chicago, the red jerseys work better at home. Just let the teams choose which they want to wear. They bring a ton of jerseys on the road with them anyways, it would not be that much more work. So you have to hire ONE more equipment deal at most, big deal.

That's what they do in football. The problem with that is some teams like the Cowboys and Redskins usually wear white at home and you barely see their dark jerseys at all.

That's fine and all, just never complain when the cost of tickets, concessions and merchandise increases to off set the cost of the additional employee.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

That's what they do in football. The problem with that is some teams like the Cowboys and Redskins usually wear white at home and you barely see their dark jerseys at all.

but even with a three-game road swing, football teams have enough time between games to come back home. They never have to carry two sets of jerseys because of how long there is between games. Hockey teams don't have that luxury. My college team has to do that for most tournaments, and my equipment manager hates it every time.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That's fine and all, just never complain when the cost of tickets, concessions and merchandise increases to off set the cost of the additional employee.

LOL! If these teams can pay millions for players, I am sure ONE extra employee would not add costs to all those things. PLEASE tell me you are joking.

LOL! If these teams can pay millions for players, I am sure ONE extra employee would not add costs to all those things. PLEASE tell me you are joking.

Yeah, because companies never pass the cost of business on to their customers.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

i find it funny about how many people in philly have hated on the flyers winter classic jersey yet when you watch a game you can see atleast 3-4 people at any time in any crowd shot

That doesn't mean it's good. That means that people will buy any crap from their team. Heck, just think about all those people who bought the Buffaloslug crap. It was one of the best selling jerseys.

Let the teams do whatever they want, season to season. No changing mid-season thanks.

Letting teams choose night-to-night would be a serious pain in the ass for equipment managers. On road trips teams might have to bring two sets of lids, sweaters, socks and maybe even shells depending on the opponents' preferences.

Let the teams do whatever they want, season to season. No changing mid-season thanks.

Letting teams choose night-to-night would be a serious pain in the ass for equipment managers. On road trips teams might have to bring two sets of lids, sweaters, socks and maybe even shells depending on the opponents' preferences.

Not night to night. Let each team pick their home jersey. It could all be planned out well ahead of time.

Archived