NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

What POTD rules?

My point exactly. If you have to ask what the rules are, you've already shown that you have no idea what constitutes a POTD.

Could you please post a link to these rules?

Quit while you're ahead kid.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What POTD rules?

My point exactly. If you have to ask what the rules are, you've already shown that you have no idea what constitutes a POTD.

Show me where in the rules you have the right to rescind Morgo's award.

What POTD rules?

You have to have either 10,000 posts or have been a member here for five years to see the rules. Sorry.

The rules also state that I have no obligation to justify my decision to anyone who doesn't meet the aforementioned criteria. It's done. Let it go and move along. I will not address the matter any further. B)

BB52Big.jpg

sportstar, Infrared is kidding. There are no official rules. And if there were, Appendix II Sec. 4 would say that all rules are void if debated on a Sunday. B)

Pointless bickering about an internet ribbon bitmap aside, are there any rumours of a new Oilers third?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The joke has gone over my head, whoops

You still lose your ribbon.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

sportstar, Infrared is kidding. There are no official rules. And if there were, Appendix II Sec. 4 would say that all rules are void if debated on a Sunday. B)

Pointless bickering about an internet ribbon bitmap aside, are there any rumours of a new Oilers third?

Well I've been wondering about the way teams often drop a third one season to bust out a new one the next. I know the NFL has rules about keeping uniforms for a certain amount of time but what are the rules in the NHL?

Midway.png

The design process for Tampa's new jerseys...

"We need something Iconic and original... any ideas?"

"Why not just copy Detroits jerseys, they don't get anymore iconic than that!"

"Brilliant! Now we just need a colour scheme, our fans won't stand for red and white."

"Why not just copy the Maple Leafs? That'll make us look even more iconic!"

"Well done sir! Just need a couple of generic Lightning Bolts in circles and we can have ourselves an early lunch!"

"How about writing the words "Tampa Bay Hockey Club" around one of them? People will have to take us seriously now!"

"Genius! Lunch?"

Yep. Morgo, here ya go:

postofday.png

As a holder of four POTD ribbons it is my duty to step in and say that Morgo's post is hardly POTD material. There are many, many things wrong here. I'll just address three of them. First off, the guys who nominated it for POTD don't have the tenure or the juice to do so. Secondly, the guy who awarded the ribbon has no business awarding it. Finally, the post itself had not one element that made it POTD material. It was a pathetically weak attempt at humor; and around here, that's really saying something.

Therefore, I am invoking rule 77 sec. 09 paragraph 8 of the POTD rules of engagement and exercising my right as a multiple ribbon holder to correct this egregious error. I am hereby rescinding this ribbon and noting for the record that the post in question will not be recognized as part of the hallowed history of the POTD.

As is my right as defined by sec. 36 paragraph 19, I am not required to nor am I asking for a second or a consensus on this matter. It is done. Let freedom ring throughout the land.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

PS: I think the Lightning's look isn't half bad. I kinda like it actually.

Rule 77 seems overcomplicated to have at least 9 sections and an 8th paragraph in one of those sections. Why wouldn't you just refer to rule 79 where it states everything infrared41 says is awesome?

Anyway, when the Edge deals came out, I had a friend who played with the Wolfpack who got called up for a couple of games with the Rangers. Anyway, he saw a mockup of what he called a "modernized" lady liberty alternate that was to come out the 2nd year after the lockout. Obviously this did not occur, and while I like the look of the Rangers current alts, there is no doubt that if there ever was a franchise that took the idea of an alternate jersey and did all the right things with it, it was the Rangers with Lady Liberty. Alternate colours, logo, and jersey design without going over the top or simply reversing colour designs. Has anyone heard any word about Ms. Liberty making a return? I have no connections to the Rangers anymore other than my heart.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I don't think you're actually a Lightning fan.

Oh, right. To be a fan of the team you have to support every owner and GM and every decision they make.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

I guess being a season ticket holder for over 10 years and following the team very closely makes me the ultimate anti-fan.

I have an idea for you.

1. Think.

2. Post.

It always ends up better when you follow those two simple rules.

And I don't care what anyone else says. That post by Morgo was awesome, and I add a vote for POTD.

You scream and curse and throw internet tantrums because the ownership of the team you support changed its uniforms. While this is obviously an aesthetics-centered internet forum, you act like your team's new uniforms are the worst looking thing to ever hit the ice in the National Hockey League, and that the team you claim to support, and especially its ownership and management, is deserving of your eternal vitriol solely for changing its clothes.

Opinions can't be wrong, and it is my opinion they are some of the worst jerseys to ever see the ice. And as you stated, this being a forum for those concerned with logos and uniforms, we care more than most people. It has nothing to do with the support of my team.

As you have been a season ticket holder for the past ten years, perhaps you are unfamiliar with the decade previous to that. You see, in the 1990s, many teams came up with ill-conceived, unconventional designs that truly raised the bar for for "ugly on ice". You may even see some of them posted on this very board if you didn't suffer from tunnel-vision brought on by your Lightning hate. Also, around the same time in the 1990s, the Lightning were a joke of a franchise, owned by the Texan caricature from The Simpsons who thought it would be a great idea to make an 18-year-old the team's captain before he'd played a single NHL game.

Lightning hate, that's cute. I didn't find most of the 90's designs as ugly as what he Lightning currently wear. Again, opinion. I wasn't around for that ownership. Maybe a joke of a franchise, but they didn't look like one. They may have been a joke, but it's easy to support a team you love when you feel the owner is in the best interest of the team. Maybe he wanted the best for the team, I wasn't in the area during those times. Can't comment on it.

But hey, you don't even have to go outside of your ticket-owning tenure to find worse/dumber times for the Lightning. Remember a guy named Oren Koules? His dysfunction bottomed-out the franchise, and if he'd stayed around much longer, your team could have been the one sacrificed to Winnipeg to save Bettman's Coyotes. During his reign, the Lightning also wore one of the most egregious examples of Reebok's click-and-fill Edge templates, with remnants of RBK's attempts to mandate front numbers and remove hem stripes from the league, plus sock stripes that melted down the back. The pants looked great, but everything else was atrocious. Jeff Vinik has so far stabilized the franchise, invested millions in arena renovations, and given you a free jersey, plus merchandise and concession discounts, for your support and continued investment. But I guess he made the team wear blue, so BOOOOOOOOO worst owner ever.

Oren Koules wasn't fit to be an owner, but he provided a logo upgrade that really looked nice and modernized. At least the excuse teams could use for a new identity was the implementation of the EDGE jerseys. Not, we want your money and want to make this look like our team. Koules installed the great screen we have now, but bottom line he wasn't a hockey guy or much of a business guy. I didn't say Vinik is the worst owner ever. I just think he's a clown, and he isn't some hero for what he has done so far.

Your team's current uniforms may lean toward bland and uninspired, but they are far from the war crime you make them out to be by reflexively spewing every time they get brought up in this forum. But if seeing blue and white on the ice 41 times a year really does fill you to the brim with bile, just save yourself the trouble and the money. Stop buying season tickets and stop calling yourself a fan.

Again, you and the others claiming blind support is needed to be a fan is just asinine. I always will be a fan, and I love going to games. The new duds and logo really piss me off, and I and some others tend to agree they are as awful as I claim them to be. Your opinion isn't more right, that isn't how it works.

I guess I forgot to consult you, who clearly is the expert on what a fan is or isn't. Thanks for your great input, it really means alot to me. :rolleyes:

As a fellow Lightning fan myself, sometimes I wish you weren't one.

That's great! I really appreciate you sharing that! Continue your blind support, and never once doubt your team, the ownership, or management! You and your buddy SOD are clearly the fan experts, my deepest apologies for not consulting you wonderful gents before calling myself a fan of the team. I didn't know my fanship, emotion, and dedication could be measured by you guys, this is so nice for you to help me.

2ly2w09.jpg

That's great! I really appreciate you sharing that! Continue your blind support, and never once doubt your team, the ownership, or management! You and your buddy SOD are clearly the fan experts, my deepest apologies for not consulting you wonderful gents before calling myself a fan of the team. I didn't know my fanship, emotion, and dedication could be measured by you guys, this is so nice for you to help me.

I never said I support them blindly, I don't like the new uniforms either and I have plenty of reasons as a Bolts fan to not always be happy with the way things are. Also I grew up a Bucs fan, were about as pessimistic a fan base as they come (and for good reason). That spills over to there teams as well. I also never said you weren't a true fan. So stop putting words in my mouth that I never said.

I just made a statement that I often times find you annoying and arrogant and wouldn't be horribly upset if you decided to relinquish your fanship. Anyways....

niagaraq.png

Whatever happened to that rumor that one of the Southeast teams was going to do something with their uniforms that had never been done before on an NHL uniform?

Atlanta was going to make a change to make light BLUE more prominent, but they moved and became Winnipeg.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

What POTD rules?

You have to have either 10,000 posts or have been a member here for five years to see the rules. Sorry.

The rules also state that I have no obligation to justify my decision to anyone who doesn't meet the aforementioned criteria. It's done. Let it go and move along. I will not address the matter any further. B)

you are a jerk. you basically didn't under stand why I nominated it for POTD. yes, the humour was funny, but this is what they basically did(good job Morgo on pointing that out, my buddy). thats why it was funny. this whole rule thing is stupidity.

Can we stop getting riled up over a fake award on the internet and get back on topic?

Agreed! lets just get back on topic here guys.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Whatever happened to that rumor that one of the Southeast teams was going to do something with their uniforms that had never been done before on an NHL uniform?

Atlanta was going to make a change to make light BLUE more prominent, but they moved and became Winnipeg.

I was wondering what the rumor was with Atlanta in last years' thread. I remember it saying something about a new alternate, but like you've noted.. they kinda moved.

qvAvG.jpg

I was wondering what the rumor was with Atlanta in last years' thread. I remember it saying something about a new alternate, but like you've noted.. they kinda moved.

the full change was, according to a rumour that the red jersey was finished, a dark blue new home would come out to match the road, and the light blue would be made the alt.

you are a jerk. you basically didn't under stand why I nominated it for POTD. yes, the humour was funny, but this is what they basically did(good job Morgo on pointing that out, my buddy). thats why it was funny. this whole rule thing is stupidity.

The guy was joking Cody, I thought he was serious too though so don't feel bad.

That is interesting about Atlanta. Perhaps they were finally going to make a matching set (A Franchise first). Guess we will never know...

The guy was joking Cody, I thought he was serious too though so don't feel bad.

That is interesting about Atlanta. Perhaps they were finally going to make a matching set (A Franchise first). Guess we will never know...

yeah. hopefully the T-Bird was back as the primary. i hated the shield logo. if you look at the wing, it looks like its going one way but its actually going the other.

About Tampa's unis, I think if they dropped blue and went with black and silver instead it would be a huge upgrade. I mean anyone who has been through those summer thunderstorms in Florida know how fitting those colors would be. The sky turns black interrupted by flashes of bright lightning. It would be perfect imo, not to mention those were the main colors used every season we existed prior to this. Same template and logo would just a color swap back to silver and black like before.

niagaraq.png

About Tampa's unis, I think if they dropped blue and went with black and silver instead it would be a huge upgrade. I mean anyone who has been through those summer thunderstorms in Florida know how fitting those colors would be. The sky turns black interrupted by flashes of bright lightning. It would be perfect imo, not to mention those were the main colors used every season we existed prior to this. Same template and logo would just a color swap back to silver and black like before.

But then they would go from being Leaf clones to King clones...

Archived