World Series 2012 Logo

MikeJones

I think if they added gold they could have the best of both worlds. Make that blue leaf gold and add some trim and it might be able to say MLB, fall and championship all at once.

Speaking of what it says: Why does "Fall Classic" need to be there? One is the title and the other is a nickname for the same thing. No need for both. Let the leaves invoke the fall classic idea.

Overall I do like it better than some of the recent efforts, but agree that the MLB logo colors should be reversed.

It's not very exciting, but yet again I don't think it should be...

Oh is this where you put your teams title successes?

Well let's see, I support Northampton Town FC...

We've spent just one year in the top flight of English football in our entire history and that was in the 60's...

And that's it. We've been around for 115 years and that's all we have to show for it...

Oh, and I like the Cubs. I think I hate myself...

Also it will look nice as a hat patch for the phillies come october ;)

Normally only the two teams that make the World Series wear the World Series patch on their caps, so I'm thinking that the Reds will be the only NL team wearing that logo as a cap patch in October. MLB may permit the Phillies to wear it, as well, but I'm not sure why they would.

rock.gif

So let me get this straight, the colors in your brand logo are blue and red. You proceed to use blue and red in your design of the logo but decide to invert the colors on your brand logo. That makes a ton of sense.

I get it's to make the logo balanced but it's still pretty dumb.

Last year's looked better. If they call it the "fall classic" shouldn't it have fall colors?

But the fall classic is just the nickname. If the official name of the series was "MLB Fall Classic", then I'd agree with you. But it's not. It's just a nickname.

spacer.png

Also it will look nice as a hat patch for the phillies come october ;)

Normally only the two teams that make the World Series wear the World Series patch on their caps, so I'm thinking that the Reds will be the only NL team wearing that logo as a cap patch in October. MLB may permit the Phillies to wear it, as well, but I'm not sure why they would.

rock.gif

Don't forget that Cubs fans were the first to wear it in that awful commercial. They will not be the last, I'm afraid. Actually, I'm positive.

Last year's looked better. If they call it the "fall classic" shouldn't it have fall colors?

Bingo

You have to give people a tiny bit of credit. This isn't marketed to infants. It's also the championship for 'America's Pastime,' which is why they used a patriotic color palette (coincidentally also their brand colors). Not everything has to be overly literal, just as it shouldn't be overly abstract.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

At least it's different (NFL I'm looking at you). I like the leaf them but feel like they need to mix it up a bit.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived