D'Antoni Resigns! Knicks are a mess!

dbackdiehard17

Mike D'Antoni is out as Knicks coach. New York has lost 6 in a row, Lin has returned to Earth, and D'Antoni's system didn't work in the Big Apple without Steve Nash or an elite pass-first guard. I just posted a video with my thoughts on it if you'd like to check it out:

I've appreciated the feedback on the First Four and I enjoy the debates. What do you make of the Mike D'Antoni Era?

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

That guy was a pretty terrible coach. No duh you're not going to win anything with an "I dunno just go do stuff" strategy, if it can be called that, in the modern NBA. The only reason everyone didn't think this guy was a total schmuck was because Steve Nash made white people feel good about themselves in 2005.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Lin was only good when the "Stars" were injured and not playing...

"Stars" come back, ruined anything the Knicks and Lin had...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That guy was a pretty terrible coach. No duh you're not going to win anything with an "I dunno just go do stuff" strategy, if it can be called that, in the modern NBA. The only reason everyone didn't think this guy was a total schmuck was because Steve Nash made white people feel good about themselves in 2005.

I actually disagree. His strategy was crap in NY because he didn't have the players that could operate well in it. It worked well in Phoenix because the lineup was more suited to do the fast break up and down the floor game. From personal experience, my high school adopted a spin off of his system when we got our new coach during our freshman year, and we made it to the state all 4 years. It's just the white people way of playing hoops! :P

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

The Knicks were never a good team. Sure, Jeremy Lin was a good story for the time it lasted, but really this is a poorly constructed team with parts that don't fit put together. The problem with the Knicks is they have "New York" disease and think that they are better than they are and won't rebuild from scratch, but want to throw money and whatever big name that is out there. Just look at the team, really does this team even scare a high school freshman girls' team? Nope. It's the same thing with the New York Jets and even the Mets.

I love watching Tyson Chandler interviews. He clearly is flabbergasted that he left Dallas to come to this absurd bull :censored: .

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It seems like a bunch of pieces that just don't fit together. You have two forwards that are allergic to defense. They (especially Lin) turn the ball over entirely too much -- you can't have a PG that turns the ball over 6 or 7 times a game regularly. You have a PG who, down the stretch in a close game, can't find a way to get the ball to one of the best pure scorers of his generation who just happens to be one of the most clutch players in the league and instead opts to take the ball himself and take bad shots. I've never been a big Amare fan, nor have I ever thought Carmelo belongs in the discussion with some of the elite players in the game today -- he's a great scorer, but doesn't play defense and doesn't make guys around him better. On top of all of that, as has been mentioned, D'Antoni isn't a good coach. I'd have at least considered shopping Lin at the height of Linsanity just to see what you could get. You had to know it wouldn't last.

IUe6Hvh.png

Where did this myth of D'Antoni not being a good coach come from? Did you all miss the coaching job he did in Phoenix? It's hard to be a good coach when Dolan and Isiah screw up your team every five seconds, desperately adding players who don't fit. I think he'll land on his feet at another team, start winning, and laugh at the pathetic Knicks from afar.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Knicks are the result of trying Miami's method with far inferior talent. As previosly stated, Anthony and Stoudemire cannot or will not play defense. Lin is extremely young and inexperienced, and Chandler's not a serious threat to score. All of their most talented players have serious, glaring flaws in their game.

That being said, people also used to bash Jordan, Bryant, James, Bird, and countless others for not playing defense. They fixed their weaknesses, and so can the Knicks. All they need is the desire to improve and the will to make it happen.

Sigs are for sissies.

Where did this myth of D'Antoni not being a good coach come from?

From the fact that the NBA has evolved by leaps and bounds defensively such that "we'll just outscore 'em" is woefully insufficient, which it ultimately was even in Phoenix when faced with elite defenses like San Antonio

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Knicks have won 2 consecutive blowouts since D'Antoni resigned. Granted, one of those wins came against a Blazers team that is in full-on tank mode (yet beat the Bulls tonight...go figure) & the other came against a Pacers team that has now lost 5 of 7. I guess you could say that we're looking at Woodsanity?

I'll show myself the door.

Jeremy Lin is a good point guard, the problem the Knicks had was Melo did not fit D'Antoni's system and D'Antoni was a bit too soft on the players, already Woodson has benched a few players for poor play and making the team accountable.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Jeremy Lin is a good point guard, the problem the Knicks had was Melo did not fit D'Antoni's system and D'Antoni was a bit too soft on the players, already Woodson has benched a few players for poor play and making the team accountable.

We'll see how long this lasts.

Right now its pretty hard for Mike Woodson to look bad. Everyone on the team is going to give him a shot at least so nobody can possibly hate him, they have been on a winning streak and the guy the Knicks front office has deemed to be the man is happy.

When other NBA coaches start sitting down and watching the Knicks on tape and figuring out their offense and honeymoon phase passes, then we'll see how good the Knicks really are. But I don't think its going to work. I don't think it has much to do with Mike Woodson, I just think the problems in the organization go beyond the court and aren't about to be fixed. I'm not sure if Red Auerbach in his prime could get this team to play consistent winning basketball. Just too much BS to deal with from the front office.

The Knicks are the result of trying Miami's method with far inferior talent. As previosly stated, Anthony and Stoudemire cannot or will not play defense. Lin is extremely young and inexperienced, and Chandler's not a serious threat to score. All of their most talented players have serious, glaring flaws in their game.

That being said, people also used to bash Jordan, Bryant, James, Bird, and countless others for not playing defense. They fixed their weaknesses, and so can the Knicks. All they need is the desire to improve and the will to make it happen.

I don't think MJ ever fit that description... the guy made 9 NBA All-Defensive First Teams, and was the DPOY in 1987-88. His offensive game may have outshined his defensive game, but it never had anything to do with being deficient defensively. When you average 30 points a game, people can forget you ever get back to the other end of the court.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I don't think MJ ever fit that description... the guy made 9 NBA All-Defensive First Teams, and was the DPOY in 1987-88. His offensive game may have outshined his defensive game, but it never had anything to do with being deficient defensively. When you average 30 points a game, people can forget you ever get back to the other end of the court.

The only time I heard anybody with any type of intelligence say Jordan wasn't a great defender was the day he was drafted. He was arguably the best player in the NBA though from day one he was in the league and just got better after that.

Bird wasn't great on the defensive end but he was far from a liability and I would say was a good defender at least. Magic wasn't quite as good but again I wouldn't say he was a liability. Magic also played the least important position defensively on the court, so even if he was I could look past it more then I could for either Jordan or Bird.

I am not kidding when I say that Carmelo Anthony may very well be the worst defensive player at the small forward position in the NBA who's also a starter.

Archived