The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Spear meets DDT. Not sure who got the better of that encounter! :D

They lay there for 9 seconds, when one of them finally gets up slowly, while the other does the same a second later and battle again... :P

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Dustin Brown flops and draws a penalty but Doughty literally tackles Doan like Ray Lewis and then proceeds to push the back of Doans head and yet they both get called... Which is the house team again? What a joke

Wha! Wha! Wha! Just admit it, your team is getting its butts kicked by a better team.

Why don't you actually address his valid comments rather than be an obnoxious tool.

Doughty did get a penalty for tackling Doan.

For the record, Jonathan Quick's GAA and Save% are both better than Giguere's was during his 2003 run and Conn Smythe victory.

Yes, but Quick hasn't strung together three straight shutouts yet.

Also, LA is the only team left in these playoffs that has not yet faced elimination.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

For the record, Jonathan Quick's GAA and Save% are both better than Giguere's was during his 2003 run and Conn Smythe victory.

Wrong. You can't compare Giguere's full playoff run to Quick's run, since Quick isn't done yet.

Through game 3 of the WCF, Giguere had a GAA of around 1.25 and a save % of .959, while Quick has a GAA of 1.41 and a save % of .951. When Quick's playoff run is over, you then can compare it to Giguere's full run, but for now, you only can compare up to game 3 of the WCF.

Giguere had better stats up to this point, plus 4 shutouts to Quick's 2.

Coyotes finally got a better game going, but when it got down to it, the Coyotes couldn't get any push back on the Kings. Yeah Phoenix held the Kings shots down slightly, got a little more room and the lead early, but the Kings switched back and got the pressure going again.

Make fun of some of what Tippett's said, but one thing he's said that makes sense, the Coyotes just haven't raised their level to what's necessary. The Kings turned themselves up to that next notch. It's the Western Conference Finals. A berth into the Stanley Cup Finals is on the line, and the Coyotes haven't played like it. And really, I don't know if this is a group that's built to raise itself up to that level. The Kings have, and they are running all over the Coyotes. And really, I think this is Phoenix's ceiling. They are a solid group with steady defense and goaltending, but I don't know if they have that extra level in them.

I'm going to stick with the Yotes until they're actually done and root for them, but I think it's pretty obvious they've reached their end here.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

its too bad that the nhl is the only league that plays for the stanley cup. from what i have read, the trustees of the cup (currently two ex nhl people) are the ones who let the nhl play for it (would like to see that formal paper). would love the courts in canada say again (i know there was a lawsuit in 2005/06 that was somewhat of a victory for the fans) that someone else could play for the stanley cup. lets hope the day comes when there is a tournament within the usa/canada (will even include mexico) that is like the fa cup that the final 2 teams play for the cup.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

The NHL is the best league in the world. Who should be playing for the Cup that isn't? The KHL, a/k/a Japanese baseball on ice?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The NHL is the best league in the world. Who should be playing for the Cup that isn't? The KHL, a/k/a Japanese baseball on ice?

Those powerhouse teams from Mexico, obviously :upside:

no, I think Australia would provide better competition ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Wrong. You can't compare Giguere's full playoff run to Quick's run, since Quick isn't done yet.

Through game 3 of the WCF, Giguere had a GAA of around 1.25 and a save % of .959, while Quick has a GAA of 1.41 and a save % of .951. When Quick's playoff run is over, you then can compare it to Giguere's full run, but for now, you only can compare up to game 3 of the WCF.

Quick gets the edge due to not using mattress-sized pads.....

Please... He used the maximum allowed by the NHL rules. Blame the NHL, not Giguere. (Plus those huge pads really helped on his most memorable desperation saves with his skate blade and stick.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Please... He used the maximum allowed by the NHL rules. Blame the NHL, not Giguere. (Plus those huge pads really helped on his most memorable desperation saves with his skate blade and stick.)

Nobody is "blaming" Giguere, but if anybody is going to compare the numbers of the two goaltenders, it bears mentioning that Giguere had a sizable advantage.

IUe6Hvh.png

Either way we're lucky enough to see two top playoff goaltending performances ever just in the last 9 years.

Manchester-City-icon.png

:censored:ing Lundqvist stole that won. Devils need to do the same in Game 4 and this time score, and get the win still a long way to go they should be up in this series they have out skated the Rangers.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Or the so lackluster it's not even worth mentioning Elite level talent from Great Britain, sponsored by Rapid Solicitors! :grin:

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Or the so lackluster it's not even worth mentioning Elite level talent from Great Britain, sponsored by Rapid Solicitors! :grin:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/qatar-jamaica-accepted-as-members-of-iihf/article2438176/

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived