The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

That picture was very entertaining. The main point was that the Kings are relevant and they should gain more respect in the LA area. I mean, they are one game away from a Cup appearance, playing excellent hockey (ex game 4), and they are making the LA hockey fans proud. Why would someone think of the Sacramento Kings when someone says Kings in LA, when Sacramento is 6 hours away...

It's a reference to this:

kings-fail.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, when you are in a market with the Lakers, you'll always be second fiddle, especially when you're a hockey team. Hockey will always have a kind of "otherness" to American sports fans, like soccer.

Being 2nd fiddle doesnt make ignorance acceptable. If you report on something you should know the basics. Like the puck is not a ball, for example.

I'm not trying to justify what they did. It's just an unfortunate fact of sports life.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Unfortunately, when you are in a market with the Lakers, you'll always be second fiddle, especially when you're a hockey team. Hockey will always have a kind of "otherness" to American sports fans, like soccer.

Being 2nd fiddle doesnt make ignorance acceptable. If you report on something you should know the basics. Like the puck is not a ball, for example.

I'm not trying to justify what they did. It's just an unfortunate fact of sports life.

Do I expect a run of the mill sportscaster on the local news to explain the neutral zone trap like they can the zone blitz? Absolutely not, but knowing the players names on a given team is a must. Its only professionalism.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Pretty horrific game by the New York Rangers tonight.

And with that, the Rangers have followed the same routine for all three series they have played so far: W/L/W/L.

That trend was 6.6 seconds away from having another L, as they lost Game 5 vs. Ottawa and were trailing Game 5 vs. Washington, until Brad Richards and Marc Staal saved them. With that, the Battle of the Hudson is a best of three. Maybe the Devils steal the game on the north side of the river, and then Ryan Callahan scores a third period hat trick in Game 6.

One can ponder.

spacer.png

Pretty horrific game by the New York Rangers tonight.

And with that, the Rangers have followed the same routine for all three series they have played so far: W/L/W/L.

That trend was 6.6 seconds away from having another L, as they lost Game 5 vs. Ottawa and were trailing Game 5 vs. Washington, until Brad Richards and Marc Staal saved them. With that, the Battle of the Hudson is a best of three. Maybe the Devils steal the game on the north side of the river, and then Ryan Callahan scores a third period hat trick in Game 6.

One can ponder.

It's east/west not north/south.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Wow.

That's the second geographical faux pas I've made in this thread. The first one was as innocent was just typing the wrong word (Pittsburgh in western PA, Philly in eastern, duh), but that's brutal. And I even looked at Google Maps before the series to see how close Prudential Center and MSG were!

Oh well.

spacer.png

A game where the Devils outplayed the Rags and actually WON?!?!?

Good, solid game from the Devils. Rangers got chippy at the end. I like that. They're off their game. (Rupp is a coward)...

Not. Another. Game.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

12 periods, the Rangers have won exactly 2 of them which accounts for this series being tied at 2. If they don't get their act together tomorrow night this will get ugly at the corner of 33rd and 7th tomorrow night, and that's just the Ranger fans...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

After the game last night was a great atmosphere, Devil fans chanting as they walked up from Mulberry Street on their way to Penn Station or to a parking spot in the pouring rain, and nobody caring that it was pouring rain.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

After the game last night was a great atmosphere, Devil fans chanting as they walked up from Mulberry Street on their way to Penn Station or to a parking spot in the pouring rain, and nobody caring that it was pouring rain.

Why can't the Devils get crowds like that during the regular season? Perhaps they wouldn't be the Worst Fans Ever then.

Archived