Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four years for Adam Burish? Based on what? Who makes a four-year commitment to a fourth-liner? Sharks are dumb.

Why haven't the Hawks signed anyone yet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ah, crap. All we get is Sheldon Brookbank? He sucks!

If Brodeur comes to the Hawks, I bet he falls apart instantly and we'll still have no goaltending. Though what better way to prove the "he's a system goalie" haters wrong, haters like me, than by playing behind a team as defensively irresponsible as the Blackhawks?

Sharks are dumb.

I don't get it. I mean our lack of offense crippled us from the division title and in the playoffs, and the player we get is Burish. I seems like an OK penalty killer, but that's about it.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Burish is a good irritant and penalty killer, but if you had a pipeline that didn't just making sputtering wheezing sounds, you could match his production in-house at a third of his price.

Ah, crap. All we get is Sheldon Brookbank? He sucks!

If Brodeur comes to the Hawks, I bet he falls apart instantly and we'll still have no goaltending. Though what better way to prove the "he's a system goalie" haters wrong, haters like me, than by playing behind a team as defensively irresponsible as the Blackhawks?

Brookbank is actually pretty solid. Good 3rd pairing defenseman who you (albeit pathetic) could argue was the 2nd best Dman in Anaheim last year. Will drop the gloves for teammates if needed, too.

The Blue Jackets can now boast they employ the player with the longest name in the NHL, inking Jonathan Audy-Marchessault to a 3-year entry level deal.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The Blue Jackets can now boast they employ the player with the longest name in the NHL, inking Jonathan Audy-Marchessault to a 3-year entry level deal.

Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond may have something to say about that.

8prlQWA.png

Brad Staubitz is a Duck... which likely means the end of George Parros's Ducks career! The dude wanted to play every night, lol... he did nothing besides skate around and look for a stage fight. Never backed up teammates, never threw a hit.... Great guy off the ice though, but what matters is the stuff on the ice.

Yeah, he should have been going after the agitators rather than the other enforcers for crowd pleasing purposes, although his fights were always fun to watch. But yeah, Parros has a great off-ice personality, probably one of the best the Ducks had to offer. And definitely one of the first players I'd have gone to for a hand shake.

I wonder if the Panthers will attempt to take advantage of his presence, and market him and his 'stache the same way the Ducks did.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I'm shocked Burke didn't offer his boy Dustin Penner 5 years $25M, given his love for both Penner and giving bums three times as much as they deserve in free agency.

I'm glad the Leafs weren't active, given Burke's record in free agency with the Leafs (Beauchemin, Komisarek, Armstrong, Lebda, Connolly). We did manage to pick up Jay McClement for a reasonable price (2 years, $3M). Hopefully he can help the PK.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived