NFL Logo Designs: an Exclusive Look

DeFrank

that was neat. was he being funny about the Jags never having a logo re-design?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. are you asking if he's joking about them never redesigning their logo? they never have, so, no he wasn't joking.

In terms of logos used for actual games, never changed. But of course, we all know about their issue with the car company with their original logo.

Go A's!

LOL. "Steam laser". Personally, I don't think the Dolphins logo needs a helmet. That fractal or whatever he called it struck fear in me.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'm sure the NFL design people enjoyed serving as clown fodder for this guy. Have to wonder though, is there really enough logo work in the NFL to keep several full-time employees busy? That has to be one of the cushiest jobs in the world.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Well logos take a bit more time than just a couple hours.

Plus I'm sure the same group works on new fonts, various logos for things like NFL.com, graphics for a variety of things like banners, possibly web images, etc. Most importantly, I'm not sure if you've ever seen the Super Bowl Identity guide but there are hundreds of logos and graphics that are new and unique every single year even though they have a template main logo.

The life of an in-house designer sounds sweet but its just as busy and nerve raking as an agency job...

Plus I'm sure the same group works on new fonts, various logos for things like NFL.com, graphics for a variety of things like banners, possibly web images, etc. Most importantly, I'm not sure if you've ever seen the Super Bowl Identity guide but there are hundreds of logos and graphics that are new and unique every single year even though they have a template main logo.

The life of an in-house designer sounds sweet but its just as busy and nerve raking as an agency job...

The Super Bowl style guide alone looks like it takes months to design, let alone the time it takes to create all the event and subsidiary logos (Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, Combine, Draft, NFL Network, etc.) that they've been doing recently. I think NFL's in house did the Panthers' new logo as well. Shandon (guy on the right in the video) is in charge of that stuff. I don't think any of the work they've done recently is all that great, but that doesn't mean they're sitting around shooting each other with NERF guns in the office, either. They work just as hard as anyone else.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The Super Bowl style guide alone looks like it takes months to design, let alone the time it takes to create all the event and subsidiary logos (Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, Combine, Draft, NFL Network, etc.) that they've been doing recently. I think NFL's in house did the Panthers' new logo as well. Shandon (guy on the right in the video) is in charge of that stuff. I don't think any of the work they've done recently is all that great, but that doesn't mean they're sitting around shooting each other with NERF guns in the office, either. They work just as hard as anyone else.

dont act like thats not true! lol

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived