MLS by 2020

mcrosby

In reality, I don't think there'd be backing for a stadium in either St Louis or Minnesota, though I'd love to see teams in both my former and current homes. And since the Columbus Crew have proven to have the most stable branding in the league, I don't think I'd see them make such a dramatic change. But this is all fantasy, eh? :)

rATMcmK.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Both are absolutely beautiful. Crests, kits, and all. Great designs (especially Toronto...just brilliant), and a very nice update to DC's colors. Also love the use of the Jefferson Memorial on the crest.

Keep crankin' out the great stuff man, you've got a series-follower here. Fantastic work. Can't wait to see how RSL turns out!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

If you were to change the DC home kits to red, you might well see a riot in the stands. They've worn black for much too long.

Also, 29texan: saying that the Scorpions are a shoe-in for MLS after two (well-attended) home games is a tad much.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Building to draw the MLS and completing a build that draws the MLS are different things. We've seen groups run out of funding before-although I think San Antonio will make it eventually.

Anywho, 2014 Part 2:

Real Salt Lake updates their logo and their kits. The logo is given a more purple hue-a royal color. The purple crest is given mountains, reminiscent of "purple mountain majesty". The kits are taken almost directly from a previous Real Madrid kit, and given red shoulders. This homage to a sister club solidifies the club internationally, as well as the MLS.

Picture13-3.png

Coming soon: 2015, 2 expansion teams and 2 updated identities.

Cannot get on board with red for DC. Not in the least bit. I actually think youve dulled down their look with the dark red and the gold color in the logo. I actually think thats the only whiff in your series so far.

Also, the ball in the crest is too big IMO.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

and if you make san jose's anything other than blue, black and white you will have a riot on your hands there too. and they have to be blue jerseys!

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Alright, a DC update might be coming, but for now, a special presentation.

2014 part pre-1

With the MLS 'promoting' so very many NASL teams, and a large portion of the fan base being from the original NASL (including the new Cosmos) the team a mile high has undertaken a new venture: throwbacks.

The team purchases the rights to the Caribous' name and presents a special throwback uniform to be worn at special home occasions. The uniforms are, of course, fringe friendly. The only major differences are the Adidas stripes and the team's new Sponsor logo.

Picture17.png

RSL is another win, love what you did with my club! That new purple color is fantastic, and the entire scheme works very well. Kits look nice and classy. Very well done. It gets my native Utahan "Heck Fetchin' YES" seal of approval. :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

2015 Expansion #1

Fort Lauderdale's success in the NASL earns them a spot in the MLS, representing the Miami Metro area, they fully adopt the fanbase of the former Miami Fusion. This is reflected in their rarely used change kit-an homage to the Fusion. Because both team kits are based on throwbacks they include the team wordmark front and center on each. The Fusion throwback has an adapted wordmark to look more like its predecessor.

Picture16.png

Next up: 3 more 2015 teams.

I like the ideas, but both kits seem pretty cluttred. I think if the ad were moved to the back on both kits, that would ease the problem. It's just that the wordmark and the ad in the front are too much, I think. That said, the designs of both kits are great. Really like the Fusion nod. Keep it up!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

IO don't understand what's going on at the bottom of the RSL logo. I know I'm missing something, the curves just look random to me.

I think it's meant to be a soccer ball Similar to this one http://soccerphotosbase.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/adidas-ball.jpg

Thanks, I couldn't wrap my mind around the negative space.

rATMcmK.png

Well, I was saving this for a 1000th post extravaganza, but I got antsy. Here it is:

The league:

The 2012 MLS season is under way and attendance continues to rise as the league expands. More development academies pop up around the nation and the pool of talent continues to increase. As the league grows it will increase its salary cap, bringing international players in the prime of their careers instead of the twilight. By 2020 the league has expanded to its four division, 28 team format. Being stubborn Americans-they have yet to adopt the promotion-relegation format of soccer leagues worldwide. (I realize FIFA allows leagues to be only 24 teams but with the continuing growth of soccer worldwide I am making the assumption that they would allow participation by larger leagues). The divisions are separated by region, keeping natural rivalries intact and creating new rivalries with expansion teams. Teams will compete in a similar format as teams in NFL divisions, playing teams outside of their own division but focusing play on division competition. Each season will end with a regular season champion and a playoff to appease the playoff hungry American fanbase.

The logos:

I have posted many of these before in a previous thread. Many are amalgamations of current logos, all-star logos, and previous logos. I have continued that with this set up and have added some unseen logos as well. Some logos have been made entirely from scratch by myself (Puerto Rico, Albuquerque) while others are the team's current logos. This initial post is to provide a view of the league as a whole and I will continue by posting kit concepts for each team until I've been through all 28. I will probably post 'annual' updates through 2020, adding expansion teams each time year. I'll throw in the updated current teams as I 'foresee' them doing so through the next 8 years-kinda a foresight is 2020 kinda thing...get it, 2020. I'm punny.

Picture27.png

AC St. Louis

Chivas Los Angeles

DC United

Los Angeles Galaxy

New England FC

New York Cosmos

Orlando City

Real Salt Lake

Toronto FC

Great concepts. I like the fact that you've incorporated the Edmonton Drillers as part of it. That being the case, I feel that Toronto FC should bring back the Blizzard name and be Toronto Blizzard FC.

Also, with the Fort Lauderdale Strikers back in the picture(hopefully down the road), the Tampa Bay Rowdies need to co-exist with them instead of Orlando City FC. That rivalry back in the day was huge. Then again, perhaps all three Florida teams could still exist.

Overall, great work.

Archived