2012 MLB Stars and Stripes

justen

Ah, what is better than the militarization of our society and paying a hefty price for it (to companies using Chinese labor) in the process? Why not hand out toy AR-15's (with your team's logo on the stock!) to the first 15,000 draft age males in the stands?

This post may get me banned, but seeing the Phillies logo (City of Brotherly Love?) or Padres logo in camo ain't "cool" to me.

I'd rather show my support for the troops by giving money to veterans support organizations than wearing an overpriced hat with some corporate entity's logo in camo.

Sorry, to rain on everyone's parade.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, what is better than the militarization of our society and paying a hefty price for it (to companies using Chinese labor) in the process? Why not hand out toy AR-15's (with your team's logo on the stock!) to the first 15,000 draft age males in the stands?

This post may get me banned, but seeing the Phillies logo (City of Brotherly Love?) or Padres logo in camo ain't "cool" to me.

I'd rather show my support for the troops by giving money to veterans support organizations than wearing an overpriced hat with some corporate entity's logo in camo.

Ha the reputation of philly sports fans, warranted or not, is more of affront to the "city of brother love" than a military based camo hat. it's not like the military is shooting up Philly.

Our country has always been militarized and nothing has changed.

Only in this g-d foresaking country do we honor our independence with camo

Jeez, war sucks people!

2 questions.

1. Who's nuts taste better, Keith Olbermann or Paul Lukas?

2. What the :censored: are you doing in this country if you find it "God, and it's spelled, forsaken, champ"? Clearly not getting an education.

These look great, and I plan on purchasing one, as I have done with every other stars and stripes caps, the moment I am able to.

As for people asking about the American flag patch, I personally would love to see that be a permanent fixture on the hats. I know pandering to our own country in sports is an alien concept, unless the pandering is towards those in our country who don't speak English.

Troll-erific!

Can we just kill the Political Flame War now before this gets out of hand and just focus on the aesthetics of the hat?

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Jeez, war sucks people!

2 questions.

2. What the :censored: are you doing in this country if you find it "God, and it's spelled, forsaken, champ"? Clearly not getting an education.

These look great, and I plan on purchasing one, as I have done with every other stars and stripes caps, the moment I am able to.

As for people asking about the American flag patch, I personally would love to see that be a permanent fixture on the hats. I know pandering to our own country in sports is an alien concept, unless the pandering is towards those in our country who don't speak English.

Troll-erific!

Can we just kill the Political Flame War now before this gets out of hand and just focus on the aesthetics of the hat?

Some of you need to cool it on what constitutes a "troll." Commenting on a design element from the perspective of opinion can elicit a response criticizing the underpinning of that viewpoint. That isn't "trolling" or "flaming" or whatever cliche internet talk people throw out when they don't like something.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

I'll admit it. I like the camo hats. In fact I'm wearing last year's Armed Forces Brewers hat, the one with the all camo brim. Last year there were two USA themed hats. The Armed Forces hats and the 4th of July hats with the white front panel. Is this new hat going to be used for both days now?

The teams that don't have the white stroke around the logo look the best. That Indians hat looks great, Yankees not so much.

Jeez, war sucks people!

2 questions.

Troll-erific!

Some of you need to cool it on what constitutes a "troll." Commenting on a design element from the perspective of opinion can elicit a response criticizing the underpinning of that viewpoint. That isn't "trolling" or "flaming" or whatever cliche internet talk people throw out when they don't like something.

Troll = someone starting a political flame war. Bring Olbermann into this and citing people who "don't speak English" has nothing to do with whether or not you like the design element.

Anyone on here is free to say whether or not they like the camo, or whatever they think should be in its place. That's not trolling, and no one accused anyone of being a troll for that.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

These all look really good IMO.

I'm gonna post the comment I wrote on the Sportslogos.Net Facebook page:

I feel like new eras been reading the boards and listening to our critiques of the last couple stars and stripes lines. Team colors? Oh the humanity!

Ha the reputation of philly sports fans, warranted or not, is more of affront to the "city of brother love" than a military based camo hat. it's not like the military is shooting up Philly.

Sorry to stray further off topic, but I must dispute that last point. Prior to World War II and the Cold War, American society was not militarized and the peacetime army was tiny by today's standards. Our culture actually has changed a lot. Agreed about the notoriety of Philly sports fans and disconnect with their city's motto.

If people want to show their support for the troops by wearing camo, they should enlist. Veterans, however, always have the right to sport their military bona fides with camo. They earned it.

As to the aesthetics of the hats. Meh.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Jeez, war sucks people!

2 questions.

Troll-erific!

Troll = someone starting a political flame war. Bring Olbermann into this and citing people who "don't speak English" has nothing to do with whether or not you like the design element.

Anyone on here is free to say whether or not they like the camo, or whatever they think should be in its place. That's not trolling, and no one accused anyone of being a troll for that.

Thank you LourdoftheFly. Funny how you don't comment on the :censored: talking :censored: about his own country and badmouthing soldiers in a roundabout way.

And funny, last I checked, Olberclown was involved with sports at one point. Spanish language jerseys are designs. I never started a political flame war, I was quite angered by what that :censored: said, so I responded. Him being a cute little anti-war hippie, that was trolling.

You don't know what trolling is, and LourdoftheFly nailed it. People like you label anything they don't like a troll. It's funny. I could say you're trolling by derailing the thread to attack me. I will never not say something to someone who calls my country "god foresaking" and talks :censored: about soldiers.

But again, to end my post ON TOPIC. I do find it hilarious they put the camo on the sticker. I wear alot of New Era hats, and have never kept the sticker on nor would I consider it. The last Stars and Stripes did the same thing with an American flag sticker. It looks really coold to have the sticker have a design, but I'm not leaving it on there.

Kids these days. :cursing:

2ly2w09.jpg

Sorry to stray further off topic, but I must dispute that last point. Prior to World War II and the Cold War, American society was not militarized and the peacetime army was tiny by today's standards. Our culture actually has changed a lot. Agreed about the notoriety of Philly sports fans and disconnect with their city's motto.

If people want to show their support for the troops by wearing camo, they should enlist. Veterans, however, always have the right to sport their military bona fides with camo. They earned it.

As to the aesthetics of the hats. Meh.

I think we had a different idea of the defination of militarization. I was leaning to that in some form the country has been at war for and the idea of war is imprinted in the this nation and many others.

Does New era still give a "portion"of the profit to military family's?

Him being a cute little anti-war hippie, that was trolling.

Not really... his views were at least related to the hats, which feature military camouflage as a primary design element. It's a brazen attempt to profit off militarism.

You doing your usual xenophobic, neoconservative :censored:fit that barely even relates to the topic at hand is trolling. And for the record, decrying the obsession with militarism in our society isn't "bashing our soldiers", it's just being SANE. There's a reason why the one presidential candidate who wants to stop our out-of-control foreign policy is also the only veteran left in the race and the one getting the most donations from fellow veterans and active personnel.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Him being a cute little anti-war hippie, that was trolling.

Not really... his views were at least related to the hats, which feature military camouflage as a primary design element. It's a brazen attempt to profit off militarism.

You doing your usual xenophobic, neoconservative :censored:fit that barely even relates to the topic at hand is trolling. And for the record, decrying the obsession with militarism in our society isn't "cute" or being a "hippie", it's being SANE.

So your post I am currently replying to, has nothing to do with the topic at hand remotely. Funny, the only time you reply to me is to start :censored:.

You sound like Paul Lukas, it's also cute. Profit off militarism? I see it more as a way to show respect for those fighting for us overseas. Real warriors, not keyboard warriors like you. Also, the profit is minimal. All net proceeds go towards charity, so you are quite off base.

Speaking of off base. Xenophobic? Because I prefer not having to learn other langauges in my country, and my family busted their ass to assimilate, I'm a xenophobe. Haha, you're a funny little one. Neoconservative...hmmm, pretty sure my political beliefs aren't anything that hasn't been around since the 80's, so I'd say just conservatism.

There is no obsession angry young boy, it is people wishing to pay respect and honor the military, even in a small way. Crying about war every time you see camo, is a hippie ideal. And again, no one should live here if they find the country "god foresaking" (I love how poorly he spelled that!).

Oakland, what style hat did they use for the A's? The green or green and yellow?

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived