2012 MLB Stars and Stripes

justen

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The A's will also have a black Stars & Stripes hat. It's available at MLB Shop, but no image yet

I can't find it on the site. You have a link?

It's not on there now, but last night when I looked there was a Stars & Stripes hat with "Image Coming Soon" as the picture and when you clicked on the "color:size" drop down it listed the color as black

The A's will also have a black Stars & Stripes hat. It's available at MLB Shop, but no image yet

It's not on there now, but last night when I looked there was a Stars & Stripes hat with "Image Coming Soon" as the picture and when you clicked on the "color:size" drop down it listed the color as black

Yeah, I checked it out last night after you posted and it was there with no image.

SEAsig.png

I think enough has been said about the political aspects (JPSlapshot, FTW) of this. You can be patriotic AND just wear team stuff without a flag/camo.

That said, if they are going to do this, this is easilly preferable to previous years simply because the teams wear their own colors on their caps.

And maybe, just maybe (OK, almost certainly not), someone with the Twins will look at it and say "hey we can learn something from this hat. We need an outline around our letters so both will be visible from a far."

The Twins are the one team that could learn a lesson from this.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yeah, I checked it out last night after you posted and it was there with no image.

I wonder why they took it down. Hmmm..

Go A's!

mlb whoring itself out for money at its best. this series has become a shame to baseball and america. honestly this is the WORST design of them all, and wtf were they thinking with the mets? they finally fade out black , havent worn it once all season and their S&S hat is the black one...seriously? nvm, just saw the blue hat, looks horrible with tht e camo pattern, they all do.

THE NET PROCEEDS OF EVERY HAT SOLD GO TO CHARITY.

I mean seriously, is it hard to read?

2ly2w09.jpg

mlb whoring itself out for money at its best. this series has become a shame to baseball and america. honestly this is the WORST design of them all, and wtf were they thinking with the mets? they finally fade out black , havent worn it once all season and their S&S hat is the black one...seriously? nvm, just saw the blue hat, looks horrible with tht e camo pattern, they all do.

Minus "costs and overhead" presumably.

If you want to be charitable you can go directly to the source and cut out a middleman or two.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So I saw these in Lids today and have changed my mind about them for one specific reason. They're all made in China. It infuriates me that New Era has shifted their on field caps to China as the quality is just flat out awful compared to the US made caps. That was always another thing about these caps that I liked gone out the window. Before this year all of the Stars and Stripes caps were US made. Soon enough all of the on field caps will be made overseas (if the trend continues) and I'll be done buying New Era on field caps. No boycott of Chinese goods or anything like that, but on the Chinese made caps the quality just isn't there.

The low crown versions of the 5950 are U.S. made (regular versions, not the Stars & Stripes versions)

Minus "costs and overhead" presumably.

If you want to be charitable you can go directly to the source and cut out a middleman or two.

Well, figuring as these hats are made in the same factory as the others at .30 cents an hour with kids making them in China, the overhead shouldn't be that much.

But I'm not suggesting people buy these as to say, hey look at me I was charitable. People are labeling these hats and merely a money grab by the MLB, which it isn't at all. They are way off with the accusations. I can often be critical of things major sports leagues do, and often times the gesture is nothing more than to try and make the league the look good. I think this is to make the league look appreciative yes, but to show a positive meaning and reason behind wearing them. And the fact that money from hats sold is going towards something good, further reinforces they are doing this for the right reason.

They know there will be a demand for these hats, like for myself who collects hats and likes wearing them. I get to wear a Yankees hat that has a patriotic/military support idea behind them, and I like that because it reflects who I am. So I'd buy the hat regardless, and call a spade a spade if it was merely the money grab many think it is. But truth is, it isn't.

2ly2w09.jpg

Net profit is better then what it used to be-- which was "A Portion of the Proceeds".

I still won't buy one though, the camo pattern on the marlins hats look like bed comforters. It looks like they just glued it on. So ugly.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

So I saw these in Lids today and have changed my mind about them for one specific reason. They're all made in China. It infuriates me that New Era has shifted their on field caps to China as the quality is just flat out awful compared to the US made caps. That was always another thing about these caps that I liked gone out the window. Before this year all of the Stars and Stripes caps were US made. Soon enough all of the on field caps will be made overseas (if the trend continues) and I'll be done buying New Era on field caps. No boycott of Chinese goods or anything like that, but on the Chinese made caps the quality just isn't there.

The low crown versions of the 5950 are U.S. made (regular versions, not the Stars & Stripes versions)

As an aside, it is criminal that the low crowns aren't available in more places. New Era, MLMD, and a few on-site teams stores is it, and they are all spotty with inventory.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived