2012 MLB Stars and Stripes

justen

I got a Blue Jays one a few days ago, and it's pretty cool... logo is smaller than the regular on-field cap though. Anyone know when the teams are wearing these?

They always wear these on the two summer holidays that honor our government/military - Memorial Day (last Monday of May) and Independence Day (the 4th of July).

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these look like crap, why cant they just put the american/ candian flag patch on the regular team hat and call it a day?

Because Major League Baseball has to make a show out of it!

Jk. But it would be more down to earth if they just stitched the flag to the side. They did that after baseball returned in '01, yeah?

Only in this g-d foresaking country do we honor our independence with camo

Jeez, war sucks people!

I wonder how they show patriotism in all of the countries God hasn't forsaken?

Those being honored for protecting our independence, and the contemporaries of those who won it, wear camo.

From a design standpoint, I think they aren't that bad. Obviously they are being marketed to sell, but you have to at least respect that the departure from normal caps is so minute that it will probably only appeal to a few.

8596484610_3a38500074.jpg

Jeez, war sucks people!

Those being honored for protecting our independence, and the contemporaries of those who won it, wear camo.

From a design standpoint, I think they aren't that bad. Obviously they are being marketed to sell, but you have to at least respect that the departure from normal caps is so minute that it will probably only appeal to a few.

With an image of the nation's flag? Seriously, there's more to America than the military. It's not disrespectful to acknowledge that.

Anyhow, these are an improvement in so far as they don't overwrite the team's cap colors with red/white/blue. That being said, the American/Canadian flag patch is 10,000 times better.

I actually like the camo pattern on these hats... but making every hat black or an extremely dark shade of navy looks poor. On top of that, adding multiple outlines around each logo really makes it look like a cheap custom hat. If they would have kept the official team color hat and then add just ONE outline, it would have been a nice design.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Jeez, war sucks people!

With an image of the nation's flag? Seriously, there's more to America than the military. It's not disrespectful to acknowledge that.

Anyhow, these are an improvement in so far as they don't overwrite the team's cap colors with red/white/blue. That being said, the American/Canadian flag patch is 10,000 times better.

I could take or leave the way these look but honoring our troops who risk their lives with any type of gesture is a great thing. Appreciating the men and women who lay it on the line for us doesn't mean you love war. Its an unfortunate part of the world we live in and we should all be thankful for what those troops do for us. A little public gesture like this should be applauded, not scorned.

Jeez, war sucks people!

2 questions.

1. Who's nuts taste better, Keith Olbermann or Paul Lukas?

2. What the :censored: are you doing in this country if you find it "God, and it's spelled, forsaken, champ"? Clearly not getting an education.

These look great, and I plan on purchasing one, as I have done with every other stars and stripes caps, the moment I am able to.

As for people asking about the American flag patch, I personally would love to see that be a permanent fixture on the hats. I know pandering to our own country in sports is an alien concept, unless the pandering is towards those in our country who don't speak English.

2ly2w09.jpg

I find it extremely frustrating that MLB and the NHL for that matter, run sure crappy shops for their leagues. Its like they just get in product when ever. Why are all these hats not released at the same time for each team. The product releases are sporadic or idiotic.

Here's the Jays cap for those of you who haven't seen it:

EmEuv.jpg

The unnecessary outlines bug the hell out of me. Some of the other ones are bad, but I don't think there's a single one worse than the red outline around the Jays cap logo.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived