Will the Blue Jays use a Canada Day uniform this season?

Ark

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>>

Yes, they will be.

All I've seen was the cap that they'll be wearing that day against the Red Sox.

Here yee go ....

bluejayscanada_day_12.jpg

Oh well, I was hoping for a new version of this:

mlb_a_romero_576.jpg

Or something like this:

GyVAp.jpg

ee3l0ppmoj0kcypz4hwov4efa.gif

They're playing the Angels on Canada Day, not the Red Sox.

>>>>

So in error I looked at their schedule for June 1st rather than July 1st, which has absolutely no bearing on the subject as to whether or not they'll be wearing a Canada Day uniform.

I liked their 1996 Canada Day set the best. Complete with red hats. They wore it against the Orioles and I remember being confused as :censored: as a little kid watching that game until the announcers explained what was going on.

2sgp6u2uogl0g1gpa3gzc4apd.gif

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I liked their 1996 Canada Day set the best. Complete with red hats. They wore it against the Orioles and I remember being confused as :censored: as a little kid watching that game until the announcers explained what was going on.

IIRC, Clemens pitched the Canada day game in 1997. Loved that set.

patriotssignature.png

If they wear that on Canada Day (with the modern logos of course), I will surely buy a jersey.

>>>>

Yes, they will be.

All I've seen was the cap that they'll be wearing that day against the Red Sox Angels.

Here yee go ....

bluejayscanada_day_12.jpg

That's definitely not the hat they will be wearing on Canada Day. It's the camo hat that all the teams were wearing on Memorial Day.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Heres how it could look if they do it :)

snip

If used, that would be the best Canada Day jersey they ever wore.

Agreed. Toronto really outdid themselves with their overhaul. It might be just me but there are quite a few teams who've made some tweaks, additions, or complete changes, and have greatly improved their look.

The Jays should do Canada Day jerseys every year.

They would if they played in Canada every year on Canada Day. Which sadly they don't.

You know, they could ASK MLB to have Canada Day as a home game each year, like the Red Sox do for Patriots Day.

Anubis.png

They would if they played in Canada every year on Canada Day. Which sadly they don't.

You know, they could ASK MLB to have Canada Day as a home game each year, like the Red Sox do for Patriots Day.

That would be a good idea. Unfortunately, MLB doesn't seem to care too much about Toronto and Canada.

That would be a good idea. Unfortunately, MLB doesn't seem to care too much about Toronto and Canada.

Maybe if they actually asked they would get it. I think that's what Anubis was saying.

It's not an unreasonable request. Even as someone with no ties to Canada, I think it makes perfect sense to let the Jays always play at home that day, and I'm kind of surprised they don't.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived