Will the Blue Jays use a Canada Day uniform this season?

Ark

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres how it could look if they do it :)

bluejayscanada.png

If used, that would be the best Canada Day jersey they ever wore.

WHAT?!?

e5lsbx201qpogmnve3jv.gif

:P

lol nothing says "Canada" more than a black jersey with a hint of red.

Exactly:

http://csa.rmpathletic.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/1/61356uc_090_velocity_training_jersey.jpg

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/multimedia/e/teams/mens/worlds/2007/i/ebay_blk_jersey_231.jpg

whats wrong with red and white?

Every Canada Day jersey is bad. If we can rail against the camouflage, stars-and-stripes garbage, and we should, then we need to give it to a blue team wearing bright red jerseys that say "Canada" on them where the names should be. Seriously, that last part is one for the "Why People Poke Gentle Fun At You" files. Sure, I'd like it if the Blue Jays had a home game that day every year the way the Red Sox do for Patriots Day, but the Red Sox don't wrap themselves up in sublimated flag jerseys and claim that everyone's surname is "Patriots."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sure, I'd like it if the Blue Jays had a home game that day every year the way the Red Sox do for Patriots Day, but the Red Sox don't wrap themselves up in sublimated flag jerseys and claim that everyone's surname is "Patriots."

Well, part of that is because, when they play at home, no one on the Red Sox has a surname.

And the Red Sox don't have a sole claim of the American flag like the Jays have of the Canadian flag (in the MLB).

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Sure, I'd like it if the Blue Jays had a home game that day every year the way the Red Sox do for Patriots Day, but the Red Sox don't wrap themselves up in sublimated flag jerseys and claim that everyone's surname is "Patriots."

Well, part of that is because, when they play at home, no one on the Red Sox has a surname.

And the Red Sox don't have a sole claim of the American flag like the Jays have of the Canadian flag (in the MLB).

Bingo. They're branding themselves as Canada's team and they may as well flaunt the :censored: out of it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Welp, you got me, my entire point has been invalidated.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 weeks later...

Heres how it could look if they do it :)

bluejayscanada.png

The Jays Shop just posted the 2012 Canada Jerseys online! You were pretty darn close, but it looks like "CANADA" will once again make an appearance on the back nameplate, and the Canada Flag will be on the left sleeve. Unfortunately, no red cap was unveiled, so it looks like the Stars & Stripes one is in fact the Canada Day Hat.

That jersey looks gorgeous. I agree that blue inner lining and sleeve piping would look nice but this is so perfect in every other way so I'm not complaining.

A tad disappointing that they are using the stars and stripes cap though. A red cap would have been better. And a Blue Jays fan might shoot me for this, but on the topic of the cap I would have loved to see the home cap (or at least an alt) with the white panel on the front.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived