International Football Musings

crashcarson15

I think they called a handball on the player who slid in front of Fellaini, since they marked the free kick spot right there (which was, like, 2 yards outside the box). Couldn't tell for certain whether he had contacted the ball or not, but that's the only way Fellaini could've gotten away with a pretty obvious handball himself; because it was superseded.

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bayern München have won the Bundesliga title. There's still 6 matches to play. Unbelievable from the Bavarians.

Gillingham clinched promotion to League One today as well and despite winning 3-0, Celtic will have to wait to celebrate the SPL crown.

6fQjS3M.png

I think this year has got be the craziest Championship season in years! Bristol City's loss all but relegated them, and it looks like Peterborough and Blackburn could join them in League 1 next year. This is how crazy it is, Blackburn are only 8 points off Middlesbrough in 9th place who could possibly get a play off spot.

The Championship has to be one of the hardest leagues to stay in and get out of in the world. Crazy league!

The Championship has been great to follow as a neutral this year—and hell, only 15 points separate Blackburn in the drop zone and Brighton in the promotion spots. Absolutely crazy, especially with the teams towards the top collectively hitting a run of poor form quickly. Bolton, who were in the bottom half not too long ago look like legitimate promotion candidates—I'll back them to come back up.

6fQjS3M.png

The Championship has been great to follow as a neutral this year—and hell, only 15 points separate Blackburn in the drop zone and Brighton in the promotion spots. Absolutely crazy, especially with the teams towards the top collectively hitting a run of poor form quickly. Bolton, who were in the bottom half not too long ago look like legitimate promotion candidates—I'll back them to come back up.

The possibilty of two teams from Wales in the Premier League next season is interesting.

I saw, I came, I left.

Is there a reason why Real Madrid is playing this game with no shirt sponsor?

I'm assuming Turkey has restrictions on gambling sponsorships.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is there a reason why Real Madrid is playing this game with no shirt sponsor?

I'm assuming Turkey has restrictions on gambling sponsorships.

This. I believe France and Denmark have similar rules regarding alcohol sponsors as well as some other countries with gambling. Switzerland is another one of those I think..

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

3/4 teams in the Champions League Semifinals could be from La Liga if Malaga can keep this lead. In the mean no EPL team is to be found in the Quarter Finals.

Which league is the best in the world again?

Edit: Thought it was in Dortmund. My bad.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Incredible ending. Malaga didnt exactly do a great deal to prevent it from happening but you have to criticise the officials here. About 4 or 5 instances of offside in the buildup to Dortmund's 3rd goal.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Incredible ending. Malaga didnt exactly do a great deal to prevent it from happening but you have to criticise the officials here. About 4 or 5 instances of offside in the buildup to Dortmund's 3rd goal.

But to be fair, Dortmund needed the third goal because Malaga wasn't called for being offside on their second.

Either way that was an amazing finish to a game.

The last ten minutes of the Dortmund/Malaga game were off the fricken' charts. Shades of City/QPR in the EPL final last year. Who really gave BvB much of a chance as stoppage time began, needing two goals, against a team that had only conceded twice in the knockout stages? Unreal.

*raises hand*

Dortmund's probably the most underrated team in Europe. Your standard "armchair fan" won't know much about them but they've got a lethal tendency to score and a good group of youngsters. Really, really love watching them and definitely hope they win the whole thing with PSG out.

6fQjS3M.png

3/4 teams in the Champions League Semifinals could be from La Liga if Malaga can keep this lead. In the mean no EPL team is to be found in the Quarter Finals.

Which league is the best in the world again?

Edit: Thought it was in Dortmund. My bad.

The Premier League is the best in the world top-to-bottom. Real Madrid and Barcelona are the two best clubs in the world, sure, but the last 3 years, nobody's finished within 21 points of them in the table (though that'll change this year). Hell, last year Valencia finished third and was 30 points back of Barcelona. Put any bottom half side from La Liga into the EPL and they're getting relegated. Period.

The Bundesliga is the most entertaining league in the world, however. With the exception of Bayern, nobody spends an absurdly high amount of money and FCB don't always dominate like this.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived