International Football Musings

crashcarson15

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the kid was being immature. But he's a kid. You don't punch or kick spectators.

Are you kidding? If you're a spectator and you venture onto the field of play during a game, your life is effectively forfeit; the players can do what they want to you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes, the kid was being immature. But he's a kid. You don't punch or kick spectators.

Are you kidding? If you're a spectator and you venture onto the field of play during a game, your life is effectively forfeit; the players can do what they want to you.

He was a ball boy. His job is to sit at the side of the pitch and fetch the ball for the players/supply another ball. Not time waste.

BUT... that in no way means what Eden Hazard did was right. As mentioned, he should have left it for the officials to deal with and add on any extra time incurred onto the stoppage time at the end of the match.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Hazard's just a kid too...

I like what he did. Not saying he's right our doesn't deserve to be disciplined, but I don't mind it at all.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I like what he did. Not saying he's right our doesn't deserve to be disciplined, but I don't mind it at all.

He's a year younger than myself. He's also supposed to be a professional. Like it or not, he's held to a different standard than some 14 year old punk on the sidelines. I'm not saying the kid is innocent in the matter, but there have to be boundaries.

Heck, if Hazard doesn't go over there in the first place there's no reason for the kid to fall on top of the ball at all.

He's a year younger than myself. He's also supposed to be a professional. Like it or not, he's held to a different standard than some 14 year old punk on the sidelines. I'm not saying the kid is innocent in the matter, but there have to be boundaries.

Heck, if Hazard doesn't go over there in the first place there's no reason for the kid to fall on top of the ball at all.

But wasn't he going over there to restart play? The ballboy made a deliberate attempt to waste time for the home side, and for his blatent interference in a match should no longer be a ball boy...that being said Eden Hazard should not escape punishment as well, as we all know there are better ways to get the ball then kick the kid in the ribs

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

But wasn't he going over there to restart play? The ballboy made a deliberate attempt to waste time for the home side, and for his blatent interference in a match should no longer be a ball boy...that being said Eden Hazard should not escape punishment as well, as we all know there are better ways to get the ball then kick the kid in the ribs

He made a deliberate attempt to waste time before Hazard was there? I just watched the video again... The ball goes out of play and rolls towards the ad board. The ball boy starts to jog for it, and then he decides he's just going to collect it off the bounce; which is fine. As soon as he bends over to grab the ball, Hazard is already on top of him. The bottom line is that there was no need for Hazard to try to race over there and collect that ball before the lad... unless you ask Chelsea fans who say the ball boy should have made the more of an effort for it (which is perfectly within the limits of home side advantage).

I'm not a fan of the kid falling on the ball preventing Hazard from taking it, but there was no need for the Hazard to be there in the first place.

I don't disagree that Hazard stepped over the line in trying to recover the ball, but the ball boys job is to keep play flowing, to get the ball back into play. He was being a jerk, to an extent, he got what he deserved. Hazard got what he deserved by being sent off as week.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

He made a deliberate attempt to waste time before Hazard was there? I just watched the video again... The ball goes out of play and rolls towards the ad board. The ball boy starts to jog for it, and then he decides he's just going to collect it off the bounce; which is fine. As soon as he bends over to grab the ball, Hazard is already on top of him. The bottom line is that there was no need for Hazard to try to race over there and collect that ball before the lad... unless you ask Chelsea fans who say the ball boy should have made the more of an effort for it (which is perfectly within the limits of home side advantage).

I'm not a fan of the kid falling on the ball preventing Hazard from taking it, but there was no need for the Hazard to be there in the first place.

It doesn't matter when he fell on it, he deliberately made an attempt to stop the opposing player from restarting the play while his home club were leading the match, there should be no denying that...the kid himself even said so, however that is no justifaction for kicking at the kid even if it was an attempt to remove the ball from underneath him. I think in the end Saintsfan said it best...its the kid's job to get the ball back into play not to fall on it and waste time for Swansea.

Earlier this season, Norwich City beat ManU, and now today, fifth division(!) Luton Town wins at Carrow Road.

Wow.

In fairness, it was more like Norwich reserves, but its always fun when a non-league team knocks out a premier league team in the Cup. Heck of an achievements for Luton. They have had some bad times recently, but where I the top division as recently as 1992, won the League Cup in 1988, and where in the Cup Final in 1959, when (fun trivia fact alert) Elton John's uncle scored a goal against them and then broke his leg.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Spurs bring forward the Holtby deal. Were originally going to sign him on a free when his contract expires in the summer but the season ending injury to Sandro has meant they will now pay around £1.5m to secure his services now.

Everton also look set to sign Leroy Fer from FC Twente for around £7m. For a club with basically no money it will be interesting to see whether they have to sell anyone to fund this move.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Galatasaray signed Wesley Sneijder and Didier Drogba in recent days, and will have the services of both when they begin their Champions League draw with Schalke 04.

I must be missing something, because I thought that January acquisitions were not eligible for Champions League games.

Only where the players are "cup tied" in essence -- neither Sneijder or Drogba have played in the UCL yet this season and thus are eligible.

Balotelli on the other hand (who is moving to AC Milan in a ~£20mm deal) cannot play for Milan in the UCL as he's already played for City.

6fQjS3M.png

Galatasaray signed Wesley Sneijder and Didier Drogba in recent days, and will have the services of both when they begin their Champions League draw with Schalke 04.

I must be missing something, because I thought that January acquisitions were not eligible for Champions League games.

Only where the players are "cup tied" in essence -- neither Sneijder or Drogba have played in the UCL yet this season and thus are eligible.

Balotelli on the other hand (who is moving to AC Milan in a ~£20mm deal) cannot play for Milan in the UCL as he's already played for City.

As someone who has become an AC Milan fan over the last couple of seasons, I am interested to see what kind of influence he is on Stephan El Shaaraway, hopefully not a negative one :( and hey him leaving the EPL moves you to the front of the WFL midseason draft for now :)

Archived