Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

This is a forum that will be featuring various NHL concepts.

First up is the Philadelphia Flyers.
Flyers-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725123
This is intended to be a "fauxback." I wanted to create something that didn't use the classic Flying P logo as the primary. Perhaps something like this could be used for the Flyers 45th Anniversary? I would love to hear feedback and critique!

Next up is the Colorado Avalanche.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't follow hockey. But I do come into these threads and see a lot of the same thing time in and time out.

This though. This is great. The colors are unique and go very well together...the design is superior to the current Flyers set, and the primary logo is SUPERB. Excellent job! Keep it up.

This is just...wow. The primary logo you made is incredible, and really makes more sense than their current one. The jersey design is great because it gives the throwback feel while also giving it less of a 70s look. The only small thing I would recommend would be to only use one black-white-black stripe sequence on the bottom on the jersey, because I think that part is a little heavy on the stripes right now. Other than that, fantastic job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Great job. This is one of the few cases where vintage white doesn't look all that bad. My only suggestion would be to leave the shoulders blank.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I dislike he Flyers bu this is fantastic. Top notch work as always. Is this the same concept as one of your older flyers concepts but on the new emulate or is it updated?

It is updated as well. I switched to the actual Flyers font, colored nameplate, and added shoulder patches and the keystone captain patch. I also did a slight color variation.

1340735168' post='1835052']
1340733167' post='1835034']

I dislike he Flyers bu this is fantastic. Top notch work as always. Is this the same concept as one of your older flyers concepts but on the new emulate or is it updated?

It is updated as well. I switched to the actual Flyers font, colored nameplate, and added shoulder patches and the keystone captain patch. I also did a slight color variation.

Ssssnazzy

I was so glad to hear all of the positive feedback for my Flyers concept! Here is my next one:

Colorado Avalanche

COL-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725124

I live in Colorado and bleed burgundy and blue. However, I, and many others, know that the Avs are in much need of a uniform change. They have fantastic colors and logos, but the edge era completely ruined them. Here is my shot at some new, fresh unis.

Next concept will be the Quebec Nordiques!

This is much better than their current set, especially the home jersey. I love how blue is used as an accent color rather than a primary color, because the burgundy with as much blue as they currently have looks rather strange IMO. The striping looks really good as well. Looking forward to my Islanders!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

This is much better than their current set, especially the home jersey. I love how blue is used as an accent color rather than a primary color, because the burgundy with as much blue as they currently have looks rather strange IMO. The striping looks really good as well. Looking forward to my Islanders!

Thanks! And you're in luck... I'm working on an Islanders third right now!

I really like the Flyers set but the primary kinda reminds me of Steak n' Shake's logo. :P

The Avs look really nice, I love the simplicity. Keep up the good work!

Hahaha I had never seen that logo before but it looks so similar! Wow... I'm kind of embarrassed now.

My third concept is for the Quebec Nordiques. I know they no longer exist, but they may soon. A while ago, I believe on icethetics, someone posted a concept using a cursive wordmark. I did something similar here but with a more modern wordmark and based the jersey design on the classic powder blue uniforms.This is more intended as a third jersey. What do you think?

Nordiques-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725125

Next concept will be a green Canucks third jersey!

My third concept is for the Quebec Nordiques. I know they no longer exist, but they may soon. A while ago, I believe on icethetics, someone posted a concept using a cursive wordmark. I did something similar here but with a more modern wordmark and based the jersey design on the classic powder blue uniforms.This is more intended as a third jersey. What do you think?

Nordiques-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725125

Next concept will be a green Canucks third jersey!

Phenomenal.

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Archived