Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

This is great for a third jersey. The script and color scheme looks really good, better than the old Nordiques IMO. I wouldn't have used 3 fleur-de-lis logos on a primary jersey, but for a third, that's fine. Another really nice concept.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Ike it looks great but not a fan of the monochrome maybe a white pair of pants?

Sorry, white pants in hockey don't fly. As for the concepts I really really like your approach to designing these uniforms. They simply just work. I'm not a fan of wordmark logos as primaries though, so I'm a little hard pressed to like your Nords concept but the monochrome blue actually looks good here so kudos on that.

Great job so far, keep up the good work!

Midway.png

I Ike it looks great but not a fan of the monochrome maybe a white pair of pants?

Sorry, white pants in hockey don't fly. As for the concepts I really really like your approach to designing these uniforms. They simply just work. I'm not a fan of wordmark logos as primaries though, so I'm a little hard pressed to like your Nords concept but the monochrome blue actually looks good here so kudos on that.

Great job so far, keep up the good work!

White Pants are very tacky. I'm completely cool with the monochrome. And if you wanted to fix the monochrome if it wasn't working I would just add a little bit of red as trim to fit with the rest of the Nordiques brand.

Great jerseys Justin.

Vancouver Canucks

Canucks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725150

A very similar design I did was featured on icethetics and the title read, "Every Color Except Green." That is the purpose of this concept. Vancouver would look great with a green jersey and they also need to incorporate Johnny Canuck somehow. I've created a circle logo using the skating Johnny Canuck and placed the unused "VC" logo on the shoulders. Would you like to see Vancouver wearing something like this?

I don't post at CCSLC often...but when I do, it is in response to jncox9's awesome hockey sweaters.

In all seriousness, as an Avs fan who absolutely hates their current Edge jerseys...those (especially the burgundy home) are beautiful. Something about it (and the rest of your jerseys) is just very modern and stylish yet simple. I love the blue as an accent, the white banding and even thin small touch of black that ties in with their traditional black pants and helmet. Some people just have an innate ability to design appealing stuff and you are one of them.

Next up is a concept some of you may have seen before but I wanted to post it again.

Washington Capitals

Wash-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725130

I have always loved this Capitals unused logo and thought it would look great on a blue third jersey. What do you think?

Next up is a NY Islanders third jersey concept.

Hate the Nucks. Love this jersey. I agree Green is a very under utilized color in the league. The teams that have it in their color scheme don't use it enough. Wild should bring back their old green home, Dallas needs a green jersey, and the Canucks should adopt this jersey.

These are great concepts for the most part. I think the Canucks one has a little bit too much going on. The silver is a little unncessary, and Johnny seems a little small in the roundel. It's an awkward logo, because I think it looks funny without a roundel or backgroud.

Remove the extra silver stripe and you have a perfect jersey. There hasn't been a jersey that you've made that I haven't liked!

This. I'm not entirely sold on the full-bodied Johnny Canuck in a circle, but the jersey its self looks great.

And Washington looks simply spectacular. Much better than anything they've ever worn.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

New York Islanders

ISLANDERS2-JustinCox2.jpg?t=1340852217

I think we can all agree the Islanders third jersey is awful and just about any new jersey would an improvement. I wanted to try something new with this design and kind of outside of the (at least my) box. I based this design off of the Isles four stripe pattern that represents their Stanley Cup victories. Originally I was using a lighthouse logo I designed as the primary logo and the NY logo (seen on pants) on the shoulders but the primary wasn't working out too well. It's not my favorite concept but I think the design came out okay. My only concern is the anchor shoulder patches. What do you think?

I don't post at CCSLC often...but when I do, it is in response to jncox9's awesome hockey sweaters.

In all seriousness, as an Avs fan who absolutely hates their current Edge jerseys...those (especially the burgundy home) are beautiful. Something about it (and the rest of your jerseys) is just very modern and stylish yet simple. I love the blue as an accent, the white banding and even thin small touch of black that ties in with their traditional black pants and helmet. Some people just have an innate ability to design appealing stuff and you are one of them.

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words! It's what keeps me doing this! I'm also a big Avs fan and couldn't agree more.

New York Islanders

ISLANDERS2-JustinCox2.jpg?t=1340852217

I think we can all agree the Islanders third jersey is awful and just about any new jersey would an improvement. I wanted to try something new with this design and kind of outside of the (at least my) box. I based this design off of the Isles four stripe pattern that represents their Stanley Cup victories. Originally I was using a lighthouse logo I designed as the primary logo and the NY logo (seen on pants) on the shoulders but the primary wasn't working out too well. It's not my favorite concept but I think the design came out okay. My only concern is the anchor shoulder patches. What do you think?

This is just amazing. I have never seen a more perfect hockey concept series on here before than this. I havn't been dissapointed with one concept yet. You really have a lot of talent.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

i'd honestly lose the shoulder logos. they really don't have anything to do with the design. it's already really busy. but it's solid without the shoulder logo for sure

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

i'd honestly lose the shoulder logos. they really don't have anything to do with the design. it's already really busy. but it's solid without the shoulder logo for sure

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the feedback!

Vancouver Canucks

Canucks-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340725150

A very similar design I did was featured on icethetics and the title read, "Every Color Except Green." That is the purpose of this concept. Vancouver would look great with a green jersey and they also need to incorporate Johnny Canuck somehow. I've created a circle logo using the skating Johnny Canuck and placed the unused "VC" logo on the shoulders. Would you like to see Vancouver wearing something like this?

This looks spectacular. Not usually a fan of circle logos but it works for Johnny Canuck. Also a big fan of the shoulder patches and how the hem stripes are lined with silver.

Ottawa Senators

Senators-JustinCox-1.jpg?t=1340918507

I started to create this a long time agon, until a very similar one was posted on HJC and I sort of gave up on it. But I decided to finish it. When making this concept I had three purposes. One, return the laurel leaves to the design. Two, make gold a bigger part of the design, and three, MAKE THIS UNUSED LOGO THE PRIMARY. The first thing was something I wanted to do. However others did not like it so much. So I decided to make them a little less noticeable so I made them a sublimated pattern in the hem stripes. I think it could still use a little work so if you have any suggestions just let me know!

As a Senators fan, the primary issue I have with your uniform set is that there is too much red and not enough black. I think most Sens fans preferred when the team was primarily black, with red, gold and white as secondary or tertiary colours. The red and gold also really feels like too much, and needs something to divide it up or make it feel less bright.

I do like the return of the laurel leaves and the use of the 2-D centurion, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

As a Senators fan, the primary issue I have with your uniform set is that there is too much red and not enough black. I think most Sens fans preferred when the team was primarily black, with red, gold and white as secondary or tertiary colours. The red and gold also really feels like too much, and needs something to divide it up or make it feel less bright.

I do like the return of the laurel leaves and the use of the 2-D centurion, though.

Thanks for the feedback! Just as an idea I made a quick black version.

SensBlack-JustinCox.jpg?t=1340920592

Is this on the right track?

Archived