Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nailed it :D

Thanks.

There are a few teams I have yet do concepts for. Though right now I am considering revisiting some teams. Ottawa, Colorado, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo are the teams I am considering at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright new concept time.

Washington Capitals (revisited)

WSHCapitals2.png

Well, for the Capitals I decided to throwback to the striping on the hem of their original look. Included a alternate colored version of it. For the other alternate jersey, decided to go back to my original concept and take the sleeve design and make its own jersey.

This is an otherwise beautiful-looking set, save for two things that really hurt it. The first is the white "box" around the "Washington" text and the stars on the logo. It sticks out way too much and looks really awkward. The second thing is the white shoulder yokes on the red and navy jerseys. Nine times out of ten, a white shoulder yoke does not look good on a coloured jersey, and this is not one of those few exceptions.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Thanks for all the feedback on the Capitals. New concept time (another revisited team).

Anaheim Ducks

ANADucks2.png

Pretty much straightforward, based this design off their look during the Mighty Duck era. Main difference is that I've straightened out the striping. Kept the current color scheme for the concept.

I love it. That's absolutely perfect for the Ducks.

Thanks.

Buffalo Sabres

BUFSabres2.png

Decided to revisit Buffalo for this next concept. First off I took the alternate logo from the black/red era and did some rework on it. Simplified the blades and outlines to give it ties to the classic Sabres logo. Onto the primary look, I wanted something simple and identifiable for Buffalo. Incorporated silver as it is done on the current look only within the neck of the jersey. Keeping with the past I stuck with the colored yoke and trim on the road and added the primary logo to the shoulders as well (as was done in the 80s). For the third, I wanted to do something different. So, I went with a barber poled inspired design and placed the charging buffalo on the jersey for a simple look.

Buffalo looks really good. I've always liked the logo you used, and it looks really good in the current scheme. For the alternate, I like the barber pole pattern much more than I expected, but I don't love the use of the charging buffalo. Maybe try either the Buffalo script from their recently retired alternate, or if you really want something different, a recolored version of the primary from the red-black days. Nice job on this series.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Buffalo looks really good. I've always liked the logo you used, and it looks really good in the current scheme. For the alternate, I like the barber pole pattern much more than I expected, but I don't love the use of the charging buffalo. Maybe try either the Buffalo script from their recently retired alternate, or if you really want something different, a recolored version of the primary from the red-black days. Nice job on this series.

Thanks for the feedback. I am currently working a some different variations of the alternate. Will post those once I've completed them.

Nice. I think I like the Oilers best, and thats saying something coming from me, considering they have one of the weakest logos and ugliest color scheme in the NHL.

WE NEED AN AVALANCHE CONCEPT NOW!!!!

Colorado most likely is next up because I've wanted to revisit them for some time now. In the meantime here are the variations of the Buffalo alternate. Let me know which looks the best.

BUFSabres2a.png

BUFSabres2b.png

BUFSabres2c.png

Archived