Sort of OT: EA Sports Relinquishes Exclusive NCAA Football Rights

tron1013

CBS story

Not technically uniform related but EA has "agreed" to not renew the exclusive license for 5 years as part of a settlement of a lawsuit. I know many on here are interested in EA's shortcomings at rendering uniforms or giving people more creative control over fantasy/dynasty uniform design so I thought this might be of interest...

I don't understand the legality of how people had a right to have a game produced by other companies or why what EA did was illegal, but whatever. As long as EA keeps making NCAA games along with another company, I will be happy. I will be ticked if EA completely stops making NCAA.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't understand the legality of how people had a right to have a game produced by other companies or why what EA did was illegal, but whatever. As long as EA keeps making NCAA games along with another company, I will be happy. I will be ticked if EA completely stops making NCAA.

Heard that. I love NCAA... its the only game I get every single season pretty much.

90758391980.gif

From what I've heard is that EA will keep making the game But also rumors are that Sony also could very well make a PS3 one but another rumor is that another developer altogether will make a game

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

I wish EA would make any kind of baseball again.....Curse you 2kSports

I'm content with The Show. Sucks for anyone that doesn't have a PS3 though.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Now you know why many economist among others hate antitrust laws--they often seem to punish success...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Now you know why many economist among others hate antitrust laws--they often seem to punish success...

There are many things for which anti-trust laws make sense, food, utilities, transportation. However, it's silly to think that people have the right to own a video game at a price they want to pay. The NCAA has rights to its intellectual property. EA purchased those rights. I don't get it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

There are many things for which anti-trust laws make sense, food, utilities, transportation. However, it's silly to think that people have the right to own a video game at a price they want to pay. The NCAA has rights to its intellectual property. EA purchased those rights. I don't get it.

I'm thinking this is their way of avoiding having to pay the old NFLers who want reimbursed. It's a separate issue but I'm sure they will try to tie them together to avoid a suit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Didn't fly for Reebok and the NFL, sorry

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived