2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

One thing I was thinking about was how AP ran the ball 35 times on Sunday, and he only gets 5 days of rest. He can't be as effective, can he? Then again he has rushed it several times around 30 this year, so I can't doubt he won't run out of gas. If he struggles in any way, the Vikes won't have a prayer.

I think it could definitely be an issue. It certainly burned Chuck Knox a few times.

At the same time though if there's anyone that can handle that kind of workload and still be effective on a short week its Adrian Peterson. I think the Vikings have a better shot then most people think. For as good as the Packers have been, they've only won two games by double digits over the past four years. I don't see this being an easy win for the Packers. I think its going to be a very hard fought game, and Minnesota could very well pull the upset, especially if they are able to keep it close through the first half. The one thing they can't afford to do above anything else is fall behind early. Green Bay getting an early lead is the most effective way of taking Adrian Peterson out of the game.

This has to mean two games over the Vikings in such a fashion. Reason I say this is because that statement could definitely confuse some people at first reading.

It does and I do appreciate the clarification.

Main point being the Vikings have been pretty consistent about playing the Pakcers tight, so I wouldn't take it as a given that Green Bay is just going to steamroll Minnesota.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Pretty much. NFC North teams always play each other close, which makes the Packers' 11-game (I think) NFC North winning streak (that was snapped last week) all the more impressive.

Hopefully the Packers can generate a pass rush against that underrated Vikings offensive line. They've been pretty mediocre outside of that Titans game, get Ponder off his edge, because he's seriously finding a groove. Charles Woodson coming back can surely help the blitz from the secondary, and teach those young bucks who forgot how to tackle, to do their damn job properly.

This is gonna be a low scoring, street fight in my eyes. Weather is perfect too!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The winner of this game is going to get slaughtered next week by either Denver or New England. Both these offences have been anemic in the first half.

The Texans have moved the ball, but they're getting just 3's instead of 7's. Anytime your QB has 3 passing yards at the half and only down 2, you should be happy.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Bengals should be thankful they're only down two. I'd be happy with either team winning this game, but the Bengals just aren't playing like they belong in the playoffs.

Cincy can still steal this one, which is amazing with how poorly they've playd. However, for not being able to cash in, Houston doesn't really deserve to move onto the next round either.

6uXNWAo.png

Ya'll need to calm down. Webb is competent enough to hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson. Plus, the Packers have been preparing for Ponder all week so they could have their hands full for the first few drives. It may not be that big of a deal to Green Bay, but it's a surprise to both teams.

Archived