NFL Re-Design Project

ADW77

Okay, so, I've completely gone with a overhaul already. I've changed the layout and created a brand new helmet template.

I've decided to do a COMPLETE NFL Re-Design. Not just each individual team, but league logos as well. New logos for the Draft, Super Bowl, Pro Bowl and special events, like the newly created NFL Heritage Month. I'm not changing the NFL or conference logos though. I'm also doing uniforms for the Pro Bowl.

Under my re-design there's an easy set of new rules regarding uniforms.

- All teams MUST have a throwback uniform.

- Each team is allowed to have a fourth uniform as an alternate to the base home and road uniforms.

- Teams may only wear their throwbacks/alternates a maximum of three times during the season.

- Every team is required to wear their throwback in a game during November, now titled NFL Heritage Month.

- All throwbacks must be as historically accurate as possible. (Adjustments due to sleeve length for example are permitted)

- Each team is limited to three different pants outside of the throwback.

So, the concepts are upcoming, stay tuned.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I am really excited to see this series and what you do with the teams. The criteria you have set should make for a really interesting series. Now, to the first concept. Big fan of the silver helmets, first of all, they should never have left those. I also am glad to see the throwback jersey back in use, as well as the lime green alt which has always been my guilty pleasure in sports uniforms :). The only thing I would change in this concept is pretty minor, I agree with officialbailey on the gray sleeves, I feel like they clutter the jersey. Other than that, really solid start to the series, looking forward to more.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

This is ALMOST perfect, almost. I have just a few beefs...

- The cuff design HAS to go. It clashes terribly with the contrasting sleeves and sleevehawk.

- The lighter blue color looks, well, too bright. It's much more teal than slate. (This may be a result of computer color being much different from textile color, but I'm assuming you intend for it to be the slate blue of old.)

- I don't like the green outline on the pants stripes. I would make it white to match the outlines on the logo and sleevehawk. The green trim on the the numbers is enough IMO.

- The green alt. It was just never a good idea.

Other than that though, I love it. I love the sleevehawk combined with the totum pole pants striping. The addition of silver is nice, and the updated number font and NOB font look great. Maybe you could try out a wordmark in that font?

Gorgeous! That's a wonderful mix of old and new, I think you mixed the two beautifully. Personally, I think you could do away with the navy pants. That's probably the one thing I don't like about the set, as I'm not sure it matches as well with the rest of the jerseys. But everything else looks beautiful, I'd easily prefer it over what the Seahawks currently wear. I dig the idea of a silver-lime-silver combo especially. Very nice job! I'm looking forwards to more!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

After receiving feedback, I realized some things might not work so well.

The striping on the sleeve cuff does in fact clash with everything else. The silver/gray sleeves wouldn't translate too well, especially without a metallic fabric on the sleeves.

So with that in mind, I made all the sleeves navy, like the previous set. I also flipped the cuff striping to match that from the same set. I also made all the collars navy so they flow better with the now navy sleeves.

I tried the pants striping with white in place of the green and I just don't like how that looks. I'm sticking with the pants as they are. I prefer using green over the uniform, but not too much, and so it's fairly even between the jerseys and pants.

As far as the Seahawks Pacific Blue, I used PANTONE's RGB optimized color swatches to render the graphics. They can be found HERE.

EDIT: Updated graphics inserted into the OP.

There are too many visual treatments to make it really efficient. You've got the logo and sleeve treated one way, then the numbers, the pant stripe, the cuff on the sleeve; all different treatments and all competing against one another. There's no dominant element to carry this uniform.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

There are too many visual treatments to make it really efficient. You've got the logo and sleeve treated one way, then the numbers, the pant stripe, the cuff on the sleeve; all different treatments and all competing against one another. There's no dominant element to carry this uniform.

Glad you pointed that out, in trying to do too much, I didn't notice all that.

What I'm going to do is do away with the different colored sleeves and have them match the jerseys. I'm also going to remove the triple outline from the numbers and do a simple single outline.

Now, what I don't know what to do is how to take the wing/feather pattern from the pants stripe and get it so it meshes well with the jersey.

A couple things that I noticed (some mentioned before):

-Get rid of one of the number outlines. The double outline is just overkill, especially when it's hard to tell the blues apart on the outlines. Just go with one.

-The cuff stripe, the colored shoulders, and the sleeve-hawk seems like a lot of things going on in one tiny space. I would go with the sleeve-hawk and leave the other out.

This is a great start, but right now it just has too much going on. Like Andrew said, there is no dominant element to the jersey, just a lot of elements competing against each other for focus.

jNTsTyQ.png

I actually really like the stripe with the green outline as you have it now. If you really want to change it, you could maybe outline the stripe in the blue from the home jersey, and then use the green as an accent inside the stripe. Just an idea.

Cohenj.png

The update looks great. You've improved an already great design.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Next up we have the Dallas Cowboys

Elements

- I created an alternate logo using a cowboy hat. It's not used on any part of the uniform however.

- I simply changed the facemask from gray to dark blue.

- I made the sleeves differing color like their 1994 $ 2001 Thanksgiving fauxback but instead moved the star down on the sleeves instead of using it as a dividing point.

- I took the bluish silver and made that the only sliver. I took the dark blue from their 1970's uniforms and that's the only blue.

- I used the number font from their throwbacks.

- While the body numbers have a double outline, the shoulder numbers are solid color because of the small size they've become.

- I added a pair of both blue and white pants as 'alternate' pairs of pants.

- I brought the stripes back to the socks.

- I decided to add a silver alternate jersey, that MAY be worn, but hopefully very rarely.

- The throwback is from 1960-1963.

Any of the pants & socks can be worn with any of the non-throwback jerseys.

Nike_DAL_01.png

Nike_DAL_02b.png

Nike_DAL_03c.png

Nike_DAL_04b.png

This a really nice-looking Cowboys set, I like the throwback style alot. The secondary logo you made is really nice as well, although good job keeping it off the uniforms, only one logo allowed on this team's set. My only suggestion would be, on the silver alt (which is a good idea for a one-game use type of thing) to either use white numbers with a navy outline, or include a thick white outline around the navy numbers to offer some more contrast on the set. Overall, though, good job on my Cowboys, can't wait to see what's next.

Cohenj.png

the Cowboys look pretty good. im not a fan of that blue face mask, but a lot of people do it. i think it takes away from the dominance of the star. it just feels like a completely different helmet. the alternate jersey is dull, you need to brighten it up by adding some white into the numbers. treat it just like the star on the helmet.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the Cowboys look pretty good. im not a fan of that blue face mask, but a lot of people do it. i think it takes away from the dominance of the star. it just feels like a completely different helmet. the alternate jersey is dull, you need to brighten it up by adding some white into the numbers. treat it just like the star on the helmet.

Made a simple change to the numbers, replacing the silver inner outline to white. I prefer to keep the blue facemask as I'm pretty anti gray facemask. Can't really explain why but I'm not a fan of gray facemasks.

Archived