Madden 13

DeFrank

Just got the early release of Madden 13, and while I'm pretty impressed with the game on a whole, the uniform section has a few noticeable quirks.

After a game of Redskins/Eagles and a complete go through of the whole league (changing everyone to white shoes, some other things) here's what I've noticed...

"White" pants for the Nike uniforms (all 2011 uniforms are still there, with no Reebok logo) are seriously grey. Example: Panthers White and Silver 2012 are the SAME. 2011 White is much lighter.

Some swooshes are the wrong color, like the Eagles silver swoosh on white (kinda grey also) jerseys.

Redskins lack gold pants with Nike, which makes sense because they were a late addition to the style guide. Also throwbacks have the current logo on the sleeves.

Bears orange pants are listed as the primary option on the road. That's right. Primary option. No navy pants for Nike. Only "2011".

The Bills socks are all weird, but then again they'r all weird in real life so who knows.

Giants Nike road's lack sleeve stripes. Like at all. Not to mention the NFL, NY, and number are just so messed up spatially.

That's all I can remember for now, but I'll post more as I go through.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any create a uniform feature?...I know they dropped the create-a-team

I don't believe so. You can edit and save parts of current ones within teams, but I don't think you can create. Which always has made me really ticked. It was so good back in 2008 or 2007.

potd 10/20/12

WHAT??? there is no create a team?? thats bullish

I'm glad they dropped it because it was the same for the past 3-4 years with zero improvements made to it.

true... it was monotonous.. i was hoping they would finally update it to like it was back on 08-09?? cant even outline number and stuff.. crazy.

still gonna miss it.. what they replaced it with?

What about the Browns uniform options?

Default has the brown/white, white/white (just so grey though!) and then a all white altelrnate with the new striped socks and drop shadow numbers. Brown pants... I cna't remember if there are orange though.

The Bills socks are all weird, but then again they're all weird in real life so who knows.

Ha !! laugh.gif

Rumor has it that Cousins is the better QB, not RGIII ... any validity to that, or issit too soon to say ??

Cousins is playing against backups, lest we forget.

WHAT??? there is no create a team?? thats bullish

I'm glad they dropped it because it was the same for the past 3-4 years with zero improvements made to it.

true... it was monotonous.. i was hoping they would finally update it to like it was back on 08-09?? cant even outline number and stuff.. crazy.

still gonna miss it.. what they replaced it with?

It's not really replaced with anything. The "Franchise" options this year are this: Coach or Player. Coach is like Franchise. Player is like Superstar. So as a coach, you wouldn't be able to create new logos or whatever anyway. It's stupid, but it's ok because the options were horrible. TURRIBLE. Seriously the only good logo's were the Sharks and Vapors, but there were like five uniform options.

potd 10/20/12

Franchise mode was just a bunch of disappointment. Especially dumb was that you couldn't keep any of the identity package if you relocated. I had to change the Chargers to that weird hand-holding-bolt logo when I moved them to LA despite not changing the name.

VmWIn6B.png

So the franchise mode has been completely scrapped, and morphed into something called coach?

Is it exactly like franchise minus the ability to relocate and redesign teams?

I think so. Honestly it's a little silly to me. I guess you can leave teams and join others and what not. That's fine... but I want to sign Redskins coaches, not be one.

potd 10/20/12

Redskins lack gold pants with Nike, which makes sense because they were a late addition to the style guide. Also throwbacks have the current logo on the sleeves.

This is what is so irritating about EA Sports.

The 1994 Redskins throwback jersey in last year's and this year's game (with NFL 75th patch) has correct logos on the sleeves, and they are both looking forward, just like the jersey worn in real life in 1994.

The actual 2012 jersey uses those same 1994 logos, although the Native American is looking forward on the right sleeve and looking back on the left sleeve. However, in the Madden 13 game, for some reason they use the current Redskins logos, and in the demo I saw, not every jersey even has the logos on the jersey.

If the Madden art team just adjusted the 1994 throwback, it'd be perfect. Instead, they :censored:ed it up. How hard is it to get these details right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is what is so irritating about EA Sports.

The 1994 Redskins throwback jersey in last year's and this year's game (with NFL 75th patch) has correct logos on the sleeves, and they are both looking forward, just like the jersey worn in real life in 1994.

The actual 2012 jersey uses those same 1994 logos, although the Native American is looking forward on the right sleeve and looking back on the left sleeve. However, in the Madden 13 game, for some reason they use the current Redskins logos, and in the demo I saw, not every jersey even has the logos on the jersey.

If the Madden art team just adjusted the 1994 throwback, it'd be perfect. Instead, they :censored:ed it up. How hard is it to get these details right?

Exactly. That really made me shake my head.

potd 10/20/12

Archived