Madden 13

DeFrank

Does EA know something we don't about the Browns?? It has 2012 Alternate All White as an option under the uniform creator. I don't have a screen capture to get a pick, but basically it is a white jersey with a brown number that has a orange drop shadow. The orange stripes on the pants are slimmer, and it has brown socks with 2 orange stripes. Interesting......almost a modern look for the Browns. I for one, don't like it.

Plus EA needs to add the orange pants as an option!!

It's the Browns first uniform, worn back in the 1950s? Either EA made a mistake or the browns will be throwing back to that era, sans the white helmet...

They are paired with the orange helmet and labeled as Alt All White...throwbacks are specified as such. I have never seen the Browns in a jersey with a drop shadow on the number, or 2 stripped brown socks with orange stripes. Could be a mistake on EA's part but interesting to see how it turns out.

It's the uniform in the top left of this image. It's the first jersey they ever wore.

Cleveland%2BBrowns%2B1200.jpg

Is it just me or can you not change the opposing teams uniforms? Strange that in the dynasty I can only choose my team's.

I stand corrected, thank you for finding that. In the game they pair it with the orange helmet and the drop shadow is on the right side of the number. Could be a throwback, even though it is not labeled as such, because we all know EA tends to screw up the accuracy of that stuff. Honestly there are a few sites dedicated to uniform nuances, why don't they just do a little research. I know it's minor, but if people didn't care about minor details like that then this site wouldn't exist!

"Roll Along"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My annual list of uniforms Madden needs to add:

White jersey versions of throwbacks. They continue to add more throwbacks, but the home version only.

Either late 80s Bengals or late 90s Bengals

Early 90s Cowboys navy

Late 80s Dolphins (w/ Dolphin on sleeve)

Late 80s Eagles

Late 80s Falcons

Any Jaguars throwback

Mid 90s Jets

Early 90s Saints

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Any create a uniform feature?...I know they dropped the create-a-team

I don't believe so. You can edit and save parts of current ones within teams, but I don't think you can create. Which always has made me really ticked. It was so good back in 2008 or 2007.

I don't remember being able to create new uniforms for real NFL teams, at least not on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

These are the sane guys that forgot an entire team this year.

I understand that it may be hard to accurately re-create the new Nike uniforms since we didn't get a chance to see them in action on the field before Madden had to be finalized, but they need to update/correct their mistakes. Why wouldn't EA "hire" 1 or multiple uniform "experts" to look at the progress and help correct the mistakes. I don't mean hire someone full time, but send out a 3D model program and share the progress of their work with the "experts" and receive constructive feedback on what needs to be corrected. In return, offer a discount or free copy of the game. You wouldn't be losing any money, as many people on here have stated they would not buy the game do to the lack of accuracy of the uniforms, as petty as it may be. Giving away 1 or 2 games would easily be made up in the gain of some of these consumers. Presentation had become a big area when consumers consider buying the game, this would be an easy way to further solidify that aspect of the game.

"Roll Along"

I understand that it may be hard to accurately re-create the new Nike uniforms since we didn't get a chance to see them in action on the field before Madden had to be finalized, but they need to update/correct their mistakes. Why wouldn't EA "hire" 1 or multiple uniform "experts" to look at the progress and help correct the mistakes. I don't mean hire someone full time, but send out a 3D model program and share the progress of their work with the "experts" and receive constructive feedback on what needs to be corrected. In return, offer a discount or free copy of the game. You wouldn't be losing any money, as many people on here have stated they would not buy the game do to the lack of accuracy of the uniforms, as petty as it may be. Giving away 1 or 2 games would easily be made up in the gain of some of these consumers. Presentation had become a big area when consumers consider buying the game, this would be an easy way to further solidify that aspect of the game.

everything you describe costs $$$ and if you follow the gaming industry and ea in particular their financials have not been strong for several years...so when you have an exclusive deal that you've overpaid for, the 1st place you're going to cut costs on are updating the small details and quality control in your biggest cash cow because you need to squeeze every dime of margin you can on each copy sold.

this crap happens all the time in business when one group completely overpays for an extended exclusive license/rights...sales projections are rarely met so to be profitable the product quality has to suffer.

everything you describe costs $$$ and if you follow the gaming industry and ea in particular their financials have not been strong for several years...so when you have an exclusive deal that you've overpaid for, the 1st place you're going to cut costs on are updating the small details and quality control in your biggest cash cow because you need to squeeze every dime of margin you can on each copy sold.

this crap happens all the time in business when one group completely overpays for an extended exclusive license/rights...sales projections are rarely met so to be profitable the product quality has to suffer.

I understand the corrupt system of video games, but my idea is no different than beta testing. No extra money is really spent. Games are given away all of the time, and sites like this have proven consumers will pay for accuracy and presentation. What keeps NFL2K5 still going after 7+ years? People love the accuracy, game play, and presentation. What have people said they want most from College Hoops 2K8? They want updated rosters, uniforms, courts, and conferences. Another game that hangs it's hat on presentation and gameplay even though the accuracy is outdated. If your team's details are not accurate, you would be less likely to buy the game. EA finally got it right with NCAA 13 by offering updated uniforms for schools that unveiled theirs too late. Again all you are providing is a 3D model program and the files to view the uniforms. In return I get a discounted or free game.

The problem is as consumers we will still pay for this, even though we have gripes about these issues.

"Roll Along"

Do the numbers seem unusually large to anyone else?

When it comes to gameplay, I think this game is the best Madden yet. Easily the most realistic. Every game feels different. Besides the few uniform issues, this game is awesome.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Sorry to repost, but can you choose the opposing team's uniform, or not? I played the demo and when the play actually ran the lineman looked about the same size as the backfield.

You could change the opposite teams unis just not in connected career mode.

Sorry to repost, but can you choose the opposing team's uniform, or not? I played the demo and when the play actually ran the lineman looked about the same size as the backfield.

You cannot in career mode. Kind of frustrating, but I couldn't figure it out. Also cannot edit players in career mode either. So numbers, equipment, etc can't be altered.

You cannot in career mode. Kind of frustrating, but I couldn't figure it out. Also cannot edit players in career mode either. So numbers, equipment, etc can't be altered.

This game as a whole is frustrating. The new engine is great if you like players flopping all over the place. The uniforms are jacked up! I have always been a fan of change, but the Orange pants for the Bears are the worst looking pants I have ever seen. The Bears should NEVER wear those atrocious pants in real life! The lack of the Franchise (GM Mode) is garbage! I said I would not buy this game, but I decided to give it a chance and boy do I regret that decision because this may be the worst Madden to date.

spacer.png

This game as a whole is frustrating. The new engine is great if you like players flopping all over the place. The uniforms are jacked up! I have always been a fan of change, but the Orange pants for the Bears are the worst looking pants I have ever seen. The Bears should NEVER wear those atrocious pants in real life! The lack of the Franchise (GM Mode) is garbage! I said I would not buy this game, but I decided to give it a chance and boy do I regret that decision because this may be the worst Madden to date.

The Bears pants look like a complete ripoff of the Browns orange pants. As far as the gameplay, I'm very disappointed. If you're running the ball and barely ge bumped you flop to the ground. Throwing to wr's that seem wide open, just end up being picked off by a defensive player that seems to jump 7ft in the air. I feel like I'm playing NFL Blitz.

The Bears pants look like a complete ripoff of the Browns orange pants. As far as the gameplay, I'm very disappointed. If you're running the ball and barely ge bumped you flop to the ground. Throwing to wr's that seem wide open, just end up being picked off by a defensive player that seems to jump 7ft in the air. I feel like I'm playing NFL Blitz.

Are you sure you're not playing Madden 12? That happened all of the time in last years game. You have to remember, the player's perspective in Madden will make it look like a player has Superman's (the comic book) jumping ability, but if you watch the replay, you'll see that the pass was just low.

Also, when you are having your problems, are you playing with the Browns or a team that is actually good? :P (Couldn't resist, mate) With the new simulation engine, you actually have work to have a good running game, wait for a hole to open up, make sure you don't run into your blockers (which is exactly what a real running back has to do). If your line sucks and can't get any o-line push, you probably need to make your line better or abandon running the football.

EDIT: Sorry DeFrank, didn't see your post. Here's a uniform related question: do the numbers seem unusually large while being too skinny?

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

EDIT: Sorry DeFrank, didn't see your post. Here's a uniform related question: do the numbers seem unusually large while being too skinny?

The only team that I thought had funky numbers were the Broncos. They seemed really small on the back, especially compared to other teams and ESPECIALLY on Peyton Manning due to his full sleeves and thus extremely wide shoulders and revo facemask.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived