Madden 13

DeFrank

IGN gave it a 9 and said it was the best Madden in years. I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to get it yet, because while there was a lot they did right, I get the same feeling in my gut that within 3 hours of playing I'm going to be sick of it.

Interested to hear what you guys think of it, though.

They removed the ability to import players and for that reason alone I will not buy the game.

spacer.png

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a thread for uniform errors on Operation Sports that EA will apparently reference when they make a patch. Already the size of the list is staggering, even disregarding little things like the colour of the Nike swooshes on some teams.

Here is the thread link: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/569245-official-uniform-error-list.html

spacer.png

Does EA know something we don't about the Browns?? It has 2012 Alternate All White as an option under the uniform creator. I don't have a screen capture to get a pick, but basically it is a white jersey with a brown number that has a orange drop shadow. The orange stripes on the pants are slimmer, and it has brown socks with 2 orange stripes. Interesting......almost a modern look for the Browns. I for one, don't like it.

Plus EA needs to add the orange pants as an option!!

"Roll Along"

Does EA know something we don't about the Browns?? It has 2012 Alternate All White as an option under the uniform creator. I don't have a screen capture to get a pick, but basically it is a white jersey with a brown number that has a orange drop shadow. The orange stripes on the pants are slimmer, and it has brown socks with 2 orange stripes. Interesting......almost a modern look for the Browns. I for one, don't like it.

It's the Browns first uniform, worn back in the 1950s? Either EA made a mistake or the browns will be throwing back to that era, sans the white helmet...

Bears shoulder numbers should be their thicker numeral style. Sleeve stripes are monstrous, as are the numbers on the front.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Bears shoulder numbers should be their thicker numeral style. Sleeve stripes are monstrous, as are the numbers on the front.

Is there a reason why they have orange pants? They've never worn them... right?

*shrug* EA probably put them in there for fun. There was a thread regarding that speculation somewhere in this forum, but there's no chance they wear them THIS season, as far as we know.

I'm playing with my brother's copy for now, and the fact you can't use custom rosters in the Offline Career Mode is absolutely abhorrent.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's the Browns first uniform, worn back in the 1950s? Either EA made a mistake or the browns will be throwing back to that era, sans the white helmet...

They are paired with the orange helmet and labeled as Alt All White...throwbacks are specified as such. I have never seen the Browns in a jersey with a drop shadow on the number, or 2 stripped brown socks with orange stripes. Could be a mistake on EA's part but interesting to see how it turns out.

"Roll Along"

They are paired with the orange helmet and labeled as Alt All White...throwbacks are specified as such. I have never seen the Browns in a jersey with a drop shadow on the number, or 2 stripped brown socks with orange stripes. Could be a mistake on EA's part but interesting to see how it turns out.

It's the uniform in the top left of this image. It's the first jersey they ever wore.

Cleveland%2BBrowns%2B1200.jpg

Is it just me or can you not change the opposing teams uniforms? Strange that in the dynasty I can only choose my team's.

Who bets that EA puts in features they removed from earlier titles? Who bets that you'll be able to import players in Madden '14, except it's "brand new?" It seems like that's one of their favorite things to do.

I was just watching my roommate play and was complaining about it. It looks horrendous. At times it almost looks like they just have huge orange patches on their shoulders.

IGN gave it a 9 and said it was the best Madden in years. I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to get it yet, because while there was a lot they did right, I get the same feeling in my gut that within 3 hours of playing I'm going to be sick of it.

Don't waste your time. I played 2 Play Now games and tried CCM and I hate it. I'm trading it when I get NHL 13.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Don't waste your time. I played 2 Play Now games and tried CCM and I hate it. I'm trading it when I get NHL 13.

I was gonna get NHL anyway but I might trade Madden in at the same time. Haven't played much so far but the hatchet job EA did on the jerseys is real disappointing.

Is it just me or can you not change the opposing teams uniforms? Strange that in the dynasty I can only choose my team's.

Is that true? That fact alone would prevent me from buying the game. It looked like the players all had the same body types in the demo and the cut scene after every play was unbelievably annoying.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

Is there a reason why they have orange pants? They've never worn them... right?

They put in uniform pieces from the style guide. The Bears are probably going to wear them at some point this season no matter how awful they look..

Is that true? That fact alone would prevent me from buying the game. It looked like the players all had the same body types in the demo and the cut scene after every play was unbelievably annoying.

That's disappointing because I planned on having classic jersey match-ups throughout the season. And they got rid of franchise mode. :mad:

Archived