Madden 13

DeFrank

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Those mistakes and omissions would frustrate me to no end so I'm gonna skip this year.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Any create a uniform feature?...I know they dropped the create-a-team

WHAT??? there is no create a team?? thats bullish

I'm glad they dropped it because it was the same for the past 3-4 years with zero improvements made to it.

true... it was monotonous.. i was hoping they would finally update it to like it was back on 08-09?? cant even outline number and stuff.. crazy.

still gonna miss it.. what they replaced it with?

Yea...it was ridiculous the they couldn't even add any new logos. I mean look at the NHL games, you can edit The colors of all the teams logos, and a lot more options for the actual uniforms.

I think I'm just going to wait until the next generation until I buy madden again. There will be no excuse to not include a robust Uni-editor and create a team feature then. At minimum game discs will universally hold 50gbs so EA/tiburon no longer can say they cut stuff because they didn't have the room to hold it all.

Rumor has it that Cousins is the better QB, not RGIII ... any validity to that, or issit too soon to say ??

Cousins is playing against backups, lest we forget.

Yes, but so have Kolb and Skelton of AZ, along with many others QBs ... yet they're not lighting it up like Kirk Cousins has been doing.

Nobody barely even heard of RGIII before last season, yet the Redskins mortgaged their entire future giving up all those high Draft picks just to move up 4 places.

We all remember last time the Colts had the # 1 pick in the draft, who they got, and how the # 2 pick also a QB pick by SD turned out to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

If RGIII becomes a bust too, and Cousins is the man, that trade to going to set the Redskins back for many years. That's all I'm saying ...

Rumor has it that Cousins is the better QB, not RGIII ... any validity to that, or issit too soon to say ??

Cousins is playing against backups, lest we forget.

Yes, but so have Kolb and Skelton of AZ, along with many others QBs ... yet they're not lighting it up like Kirk Cousins has been doing.

Nobody barely even heard of RGIII before last season, yet the Redskins mortgaged their entire future giving up all those high Draft picks just to move up 4 places.

We all remember last time the Colts had the # 1 pick in the draft, who they got, and how the # 2 pick also a QB pick by SD turned out to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history.

If RGIII becomes a bust too, and Cousins is the man, that trade to going to set the Redskins back for many years. That's all I'm saying ...

as a cowboys fan i approve of this.

ok i'll stop trolling now

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Umm...any college football fan knew RG3 prior to last year.

And I don't think RG3 is Ryan Leaf.

'any' college fan heard of him?? I vehemently disagree and many in the media said the same thing. I'm sure many in the Big 12 region and a portion of college football fans knew of him, but before last season I doubt many knew of him as a top 1st-round draft choice.

Before last season and for the last few college seasons all we we've been hearing about and seeing is mostly Andrew Luck and for many season Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles.

Cam Newton just as RGIII made their big mark in their final NCAA season. Cam surprised me, he's the real deal.

Sorry ... I gotta respectfully disagree with you on this one

and FTR, I don't believe RGIII will be the next Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell .... but he could end up being the next Akili Smith or Matt Leinert ... time will play this one out, and right now Cousins is having a tremendous preseason, he looks like a seasoned Vet out there.

I'm soooo NOT sold on Fitz with the Bills, I was so wanting us to pick Foles or Cousins, especially Foles because I saw him play alot a in the Pac-12 and against USC / UCLA, and he was always downright impressive.

RGIII was pretty well known and had it not been for him hurting his knee 2 yrs ago he would've been a lot more popular.

I think he's too smart to be a bust. he may not be a superstar but he has a lot of weapons and i think as long as he's in good hands he'll be successful.

Texas just produces good quarterbacks :)

Oh and madden related i really like what ive seen so far from the demo. It's a fun game and a definite upgrade from the past few yrs.

Oh how i wish my job was to do the uniforms in that game. They'd be spot on and i'd find a way to not make the sleeves look stupid.

Umm...any college football fan knew RG3 prior to last year.

And I don't think RG3 is Ryan Leaf.

'any' college fan heard of him?? I vehemently disagree and many in the media said the same thing.

Nope. You can disagree as hard as you want, but just because you never heard of him prior to last year doesn't mean the media didn't know who he was. The media knew about RG3. His stats were unbelievable, and he made Baylor win and turned around the program. This isn't the 60s where regional news stays regional. RG3 won the Big 12 offensive player of the year in 2010. But you're right, no one in the media knew him.

Here's a 2010 article from Sports Illustrated:

Griffin III in June, 2010 SI article

Before last season and for the last few college seasons all we we've been hearing about and seeing is mostly Andrew Luck and for many season Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles.

This is just revisionist history. Sporting News '11 preview focused on Luck, Landry Jones, and Kellen Moore. Cousins and Foles weren't the cream of the crop. RG3 had better stats in 2010 (the year before the Heisman) than both Cousins and Foles.

time will play this one out, and right now Cousins is having a tremendous preseason, he looks like a seasoned Vet out there.

Cousins looks good, but again, he's not going up against 1st team defenses. Ricky Stanzi and Ryan Mallett had good preseasons last year. They're not going to the Pro Bowl anytime soon.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Nope. You can disagree as hard as you want, but just because you never heard of him prior to last year doesn't mean the media didn't know who he was. The media knew about RG3. His stats were unbelievable, and he made Baylor win and turned around the program. This isn't the 60s where regional news stays regional.

Here's a 2010 article from Sports Illustrated:

Griffin III in June, 2010 SI article

Cousins looks good, but again, he's not going up against 1st team defenses. Ricky Stanzi and Ryan Mallett had good preseasons last year. They're not going to the Pro Bowl anytime soon.

I think you misunderstand ... I knew of him, but not at the top-notch QB extent like an Andrew Luck ...

What I or many others didn't foresee is that he'd be this top 1st-round pick QB coming out of college based on what he did prior to his senior season. Last year going in, it was dominantly about Andrew Luck, RGIII made his name as the season progressed and he had so many incredible games ... ala Cam Newton in his one season as a senior at Auburn. Didn't know much of him as Tebow's backup when he was at Florida.

I stated in a prior post that there's many other QBs going up against 2nd team defenses, but they're not looking as poised and producing against those defenses like Kirk Cousins has been ... BTW, Russell Wilson was really impressive last night. He could end up being one of the steals of the draft.

My issue about RGIII, yes he had a great year at Baylor last season, but being worth the price of all those high draft picks the Redskins gave up to get him, just to move up 4 spots, I think it was a serious gamble.

I've been wrong many a times too, I thought Joey Harrington was going to be a star NFL QB. :wacko:

I will say, RGIII looked very impressive against the Colts, Luck looks like a major star.

I'll read your SI link ... cheers

Any create a uniform feature?...I know they dropped the create-a-team

WHAT??? there is no create a team?? thats bullish

I'm glad they dropped it because it was the same for the past 3-4 years with zero improvements made to it.

true... it was monotonous.. i was hoping they would finally update it to like it was back on 08-09?? cant even outline number and stuff.. crazy.

still gonna miss it.. what they replaced it with?

Yea...it was ridiculous the they couldn't even add any new logos. I mean look at the NHL games, you can edit The colors of all the teams logos, and a lot more options for the actual uniforms.

I think I'm just going to wait until the next generation until I buy madden again. There will be no excuse to not include a robust Uni-editor and create a team feature then. At minimum game discs will universally hold 50gbs so EA/tiburon no longer can say they cut stuff because they didn't have the room to hold it all.

Love NHL for that. Always would give the Caps current look the old color scheme. Needs to be in Madden. It's getting ridiculous.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Maybe EA will do what they did with NCAA and put out a Uniform Store option to download the corrections. If they can do it for 100+ college teams, I'm sure they can upload fixes for the NFL.

That is, if they bother with it. I get the feeling that EA's entire football development division is pretty lazy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

IGN gave it a 9 and said it was the best Madden in years. I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to get it yet, because while there was a lot they did right, I get the same feeling in my gut that within 3 hours of playing I'm going to be sick of it.

Interested to hear what you guys think of it, though.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Take those reviews with a grain of salt. EA isn't afraid to butter the companies up in order to get a good review. *coughcoughJessicaChobotinMassEffect3coughcough*

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It is a lot better. Gameplay and the physics engine are really great. Passing improved. Some things will always be there to annoy, especially the poor online connectivity. But I have to say that Connected Careers, especially the whole "news twitter" thing is really well done. I'm enjoying that a lot more than I thought I would.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived